Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: Yet Another Picture Wars (Free for all, new players welcome)  (Read 6242 times)

Asgarus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Yet Another Picture Wars (Free for all, new players welcome)
« Reply #45 on: April 14, 2017, 04:19:58 am »

Erm... do we following a rule that a person who made a turn should wait while at least two other players will post their moves until declaring again?

I think a real turn order would be the best way.. I'm kinda confused now, and I think some, including me, kinda passed a bit of time while others built whole elevators :P I guess at least waiting for 2 others, or maybe even 3, would make it less chaotic and confusing.

edit: Also calling dibs.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2017, 04:22:09 am by Asgarus »

stefman

• Bay Watcher
  • Techno-commie
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 14, 2017, 04:25:20 am »

Strict turn order in a game with randomly arriving players... You're kidding, right?
Russians are coming!

Asgarus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 14, 2017, 04:42:54 am »

Strict turn order in a game with randomly arriving players... You're kidding, right?

That's why I agreed to your suggestion in the last sentence. I also don't think this was supposed to be a FFA in the beginning, but I don't mind, it's fun.

Also:

Suddenly, several things happen.
The weird brick bots in the lower tunnel seem to be finished with whatever they were doing and start shooting randomly in all directions. Fortunately, their energy weapons don't seem to be too strong, the barrier should be able to withstand them for now.
The men guarding it fall back anyway, just to be sure.
That is when the ground to the East begins to slightly vibrate. The men guarding the Eastern tunnel are alterted, but don't know how to react yet.

At the same time, Aroth's device begins to shoot sparks. They seem to point to the West, so that must be where the rift is! Unfortunately, the device seems to have a problem, and the energy flowing out of it gets stronger. Aroth creates a shielding around the device to absorb the explosion that wil probably follow.

The elite soldier watching the mechanoids decides to climb the big rock and watches in surprise as one of the long-limbed robots suddenly falls down towards him.

stefman

• Bay Watcher
  • Techno-commie
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 14, 2017, 05:23:17 am »

That's why I agreed to your suggestion in the last sentence. I also don't think this was supposed to be a FFA in the beginning, but I don't mind, it's fun.
Sandbox match (free for anyone to join) is always FFA, however, players could form temporary alliances if they want, of course.

Declare.

Digger unit continues tunnel construction, nearly ripping apart dark-skinned humanoid standing near tunnel entrance with Desintegration field. Smaller drones are both moving along when digger reaches large cavern. Another drone comes from the depths, this one looks like a smaller digger, but instead of demolition it's creating layer of concrete on the floor. It seems that this unit is used for construction jobs.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2017, 08:18:30 am by stefman »
Russians are coming!

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 14, 2017, 08:27:54 am »

Erm... do we following a rule that a person who made a turn should wait while at least two other players will post their moves until declaring again?
Right should have posted this rule at the beginning.
Here at Bay12 we excel at Theoretical Biology. Need to know the value of Merbone? Check. Need to know the density of a thrown Fluffy Wambler? Check. Need to know how a walking Mushroom can theoretically talk? Check.

stefman

• Bay Watcher
  • Techno-commie
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 14, 2017, 08:36:55 am »

If so, please add another one, like if someone declares, then turn should be posted in no less than 3-4 hours (debatable). Without this, first person who declares and stalls his/her turn will ruin the match, probably.
Russians are coming!

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 14, 2017, 09:53:30 am »

DECLARE BOI

EDIT:

The robotic horde grows as it surges forth, covering plenty of ground as it goes. Several individual henchbots drop down in key positions to assess danger levels and harass potential threats. Six new Henchbots drop from the sky, ready to do Overseerbot's bidding.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2017, 10:16:23 am by Urist McScoopbeard »
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
  • A sarcastic, weird nerd of many things. That's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 14, 2017, 01:14:16 pm »

Has it been two turns? ...Well, obviously. DECLARE!

With the machines being the most pressing of all the threats, Artorius the bowman snaps another arrow out of his holster, towards the robot. Meanwhile, the thief Draxaa throws her dagger at another, pulling another one out with great speed. As Venta, the leader, and Ekara, the Lancer, take cover near their altar, the demolitionist Dakerad chucks a blind bomb out towards the sounds of combat. Venta says, "This holy place is being defiled. Kill at least two of the intruders! The Shoggoth shall have the heads of the rest."
« Last Edit: April 14, 2017, 07:58:28 pm by Greatness942 »
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.
I desire, for whatever reason, to create Space Louisiana.

Puppyguard

• Bay Watcher
  • An avatar? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 14, 2017, 01:58:03 pm »

Declare!

The laser hits the bunny just right causing it to explode.
An engineer bunny can barely see and loudly hear the approaching horde. It deploys an energy shield in the ground that will hopefully deter them.
Something else appears to be coming from the bunny side of the map as well.
(I did not remove the other golem's lasers at the shield wall as I am not sure how long they're supposed to be firing.)
« Last Edit: April 14, 2017, 02:18:58 pm by Puppyguard »

Asgarus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 15, 2017, 02:01:14 am »

dibs

Asgarus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 15, 2017, 04:28:51 am »

Declare I guess?

The increasing vibrating sound turns out to be some digging drone. One of the soldiers barely has time to react and stumbles down the slope as he jumps back out of reflex. The surrounding soldiers turn around to see what's happening.

Aroth managed to get the device back under control and stored it in the chest. The soldier watching the robots jumps down from his rock, reporting "One of the mechanoids iis getting close! Its eyes are glowing red, I don't think it is friendly!".

"Get the guns, then." Aroth responds, and three soldiers switch their swords/pikes for energy-beam shooting guns from the chest.

"Do not let the mechanoids get too close to you. If they threaten to come even closer, attack."

Aroth also got his staff out of the chest. It helps him focus his energy, allowing him to deal a lot of damage.

stefman

• Bay Watcher
  • Techno-commie
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 15, 2017, 06:03:30 am »

Declare
Russians are coming!

stefman

• Bay Watcher
  • Techno-commie
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 15, 2017, 07:05:21 am »

Excavation continues, moreover, one of digger drone's pods begins to enlarge a vertical shaft. Scout drone moves closer to the tunnel exit, but it seems to completely ignore fellows of unlucjy humanoid who barely escaped horrific death. One and only sign, indicating that these strangers have been noticed at all is arrival of gun drone, which moves closer to a scout.
Constructor, in its turn, creates some more concrete pavement and starts to build some kind of structure.
Russians are coming!

Puppyguard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 15, 2017, 01:03:11 pm »

Declare.

Puppyguard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 15, 2017, 01:31:08 pm »

A bunny mech leaps out of the tunnel!
Another bunny reports the death of a fellow bunny to an unknown.
The tank moves up the elevator. The strange machine begins producing some sort of tiny robot?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6