Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6

Author Topic: Yet Another Picture Wars (Free for all, new players welcome)  (Read 6237 times)

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
Yet Another Picture Wars (Free for all, new players welcome)
« on: April 07, 2017, 05:39:53 am »

Hi everybody! I welcome You to picture wars a.k.a. pixel wars a game in which everything is customizable to a single pixel.
Don't worry if you haven't played before.

Rules:
The idea itself is pretty simple. You have an army and a map, on your turn you move your guys and do actions with them. This is a Free for all a.k.a. sandbox match. To join just post the latest turn with your army on it.
For better explanation you should checkout the "how to match tutorial" on the picture wars forum. The link is here
Spoiler: we are using this map (click to show/hide)

Army:
What's an army?
An army is a collection of sprites that fight together.
How do I get an army?
Well, there are two ways, one is to create an army by yourself, the "a guide to armies tutorial" will help, the link is here. Another way is to use an already created army you can find some armies on the forum, but unless the creator said they are for free use you will need to ask them.

If you want to know more about picture wars check this out:
Link: CLICK ME!!!

Ongoing match on bay 12.

WIP/General PW thread on bay12

The match starts from here.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2017, 06:32:27 am by snow dwarf »
Here at Bay12 we excel at Theoretical Biology. Need to know the value of Merbone? Check. Need to know the density of a thrown Fluffy Wambler? Check. Need to know how a walking Mushroom can theoretically talk? Check.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
  • A sarcastic, weird nerd of many things. That's me.
    • View Profile
Re: Yet Another Picture Wars (Free for all, new player welcome)
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2017, 08:13:41 am »

On the western end of the catacombs, three Cultists wait in worship, while one hides and another guards. "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn" they chant continuously, with their hands on their sacrificial and defensive weaponry as they await a return from on of their dark masters.
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.
I desire, for whatever reason, to create Space Louisiana.

Asgarus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2017, 08:51:36 am »

Aroth led his group through another dark tunnel of this seemingly endless cave network.
They came to investigate reports of dimensional breach, not to Tho, but to some other, unknown, dimension.
8 days ago, they started on their journey, and now, it seems, they've reached their target.

Since Aroth is an experienced energy user and trusted member of the Ministry of Dimensional Affairs, he has been given two elite soldiers alongside a handful of regular soldiers,
one of them steering a floating chest containing provisions, various measurement tools and additional weaponry, just in case.

Their objective is to locate the exact position of the portal and gather as much information about it as possible.
Even though the group is armed, they are not to engage in combat unless provoked.

Now, the tunnel finally opens into a large cavern, dimly lit from the open top.
Aroth lets his view wander through the cavern before he lets out a pleasant gurgling sound.

Spoiler: some background (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 07, 2017, 09:20:04 am by Asgarus »

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2017, 11:46:40 am »

An alarm blares as a robot falls from the unseeable cavern roof. He scrambles to attention as a second, very much unlike the first descends slowly to meet him.

Overseerbot: *bbbbrrrrrrrrrzzzzzzzzzzzzzzttttt!!!*

Henchbot #1: *But Sir! There hasn't been activity in this cavern for years!*

Overseerbot: *beepbopbeepbebopboopbopbeep!?*

Henchbot #1: *Unit 12-476B? He was right behind me, sir. I don't possibly know where he could have--*

Henchbot #2: *aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!!!*

A third robot flails through the air as he comes crashing down into the cavern.

Overseetbot: *BBBBBBBBRRRRRRRZZZZZZTTTT!!!*

Henchbots #1 & #2: *Beginning patrol, Sir!*
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2017, 09:04:12 pm »

Hmm, I've always been interested in the concept, I think I'll try when I wake up tomorrow. My idea for a faction is golems(with a semi-Aztec aesthetic) who don't take much damage, but can usually be defeated by mundane things like heights they can't walk up, or stairs, or getting flipped over. An army with easily abused weaknesses that has a lot of actual combat power.

That, or Mario enemies, because I've been doing that in RPs quite a bit as well.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2017, 07:33:38 am by Failbird105 »

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2017, 01:46:11 pm »

I've been working on making my Golems, minus the semi-Aztec theme I was thinking of which will probably only show up on the huge "boss battle" style golems that will probably get their own specific maps, if it shows up at all.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2017, 05:01:37 pm by Failbird105 »

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2017, 01:59:44 pm »

How do you edit the picture?
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2017, 06:47:39 pm »

How do you edit the picture?
I personally use paint.net however there are many other programs.
Here at Bay12 we excel at Theoretical Biology. Need to know the value of Merbone? Check. Need to know the density of a thrown Fluffy Wambler? Check. Need to know how a walking Mushroom can theoretically talk? Check.

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
Re: Yet Another Picture Wars (Free for all, new players welcome)
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2017, 06:33:41 am »

Just wanted to say that in sandbox matches, you can take another turn when nobody seems to post.

EpicJ

• Bay Watcher
  • "Drop the hemp wool sock!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2017, 09:08:09 am »

Not sure if i should join this one, since i only have two armies, and one of them is being used in another match and the other isn't even half-finished.

I guess it doesn't really matter if one is in two places at once, since it's a big mega corporation?

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2017, 10:20:55 am »

I'm gonna /declare/ a turn here, and take two in a row! Muhahahahahahahahaha!!!

EDIT:

Another swarm of robots descends from the unseen labyrinth above.

Overseerbot: *BRRRrrrzzzt! Beepbopboopbeep!*

Henchbots: *Sir!*

Note: I have a series of army rules governing how many units enter the field per turn (among other stuff.) If anyone feels cheated or that I'm playing unfairly please let me know and I'll let you look at what I have and we can make changes. The goal is have balanced and nuanced army!
« Last Edit: April 09, 2017, 11:14:53 am by Urist McScoopbeard »
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2017, 03:03:10 pm »

the entire cavern trembles slightly, as something ancient awakens from dormancy, buried within the walls.

a segment of the wall crumbles away, revealing an ancient stone doorway, marked with a stone head, ruby eyes ablaze with light.

(the Ancient Tech Golems enter the fray! This faction has a gimmick, that being rather strong units with mundane, fairly easily abused weaknesses. I'm not done with them yet, as I have one unit completed, and another I HAD completed but thanks to a saving error have to partially redo, so I'm going to make at least one more unit for this battle, and then work on more when I feel like it.)
« Last Edit: April 09, 2017, 03:05:37 pm by Failbird105 »

Puppyguard

• Bay Watcher
  • An avatar? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2017, 03:51:19 pm »

Declare!

Bunnies!

Daww. A group of bunnies has appeared!
Wait, how did they get that explosion?

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
  • A sarcastic, weird nerd of many things. That's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2017, 03:58:23 pm »

With an eagle eye, the hunter of the cultists fires a shot at the rampaging automaton, before declaring a war cry in R'lyehian. While the pitchfork wielder turns and the Leader runs towards the attack, the bomber and thief stand still, waiting for a perfect chance to strike.

((I was a bit lazy and didn't do any running for the other two. I'll put in more effort, and also give them names and English dialogue next time.))
« Last Edit: April 09, 2017, 04:06:19 pm by Greatness942 »
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.
I desire, for whatever reason, to create Space Louisiana.

Puppyguard

• Bay Watcher
  • An avatar? What's that?
    • View Profile
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6