Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 33

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums: Scum of the Empire (IC) - Chapter 2!  (Read 24805 times)

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums: Scum of the Empire (IC thread!)
« Reply #180 on: March 28, 2017, 05:46:39 am »

Gawen was quiet for a moment, nodding in response about halfway through her silence.

"I apologize, but I would like to know who I am to be fighting alongside; what is the story behind your supposed assassination charge?"
Miranda grimaced.

"They got half the charge right - I was there, no reason denying it with the witness 'n all. I was a thief and a man hired me to steal a specific item from the man. Didn't even know what it was, truth be told, just what it looked like. I didn't kill him though, didn't even bring a weapon. The men - both the one who hired me and the one who ended up with a knife in his back - were from Toulouse - ah, that's the province known for basically being a cesspool of assassination and scheming, if you don't have a decent idea of the country. I think the man who paid me set me up to take the fall for him or an associate killing the other man, but 'course the court didn't take that, since the witness only claims to have seen me."
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
  • BEEP BOP READ SOLDIERMON
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: March 28, 2017, 08:10:49 am »

His conversation with the shaman finished for now, Edmund switched his attention to the other members of this strange group.

: That's because the witness was probably in on the set up.

: Consider yourself lucky... They could have pinned the crime on your corpse instead.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: March 28, 2017, 10:17:37 am »

"Perhaps I will. It's been too long since I last composed any music of my own." She rubbed her branded hand thoughtfully. "If you remember any other songs,  do show me, Miss Wolf."
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #183 on: March 28, 2017, 12:39:46 pm »

Gawen scoffs.
"Some here look down on us for our warring, but at the very least we settle our quarrels with honor, and not with knives in the back." She elected not to comment on the thievery; she didn't exactly expect star citizens to comprise this group, and there were worse kinds of criminal.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: March 28, 2017, 12:54:11 pm »

Wolf shrugged.

"I promise nothing. It has been many years and I have always been more of a varrior than a scholar."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Sutoratosu Akira

• Bay Watcher
  • DRAGONS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: March 28, 2017, 02:14:25 pm »

Satisfied the horse was settled, Al found himself a spot beneath one of the nearby trees, making sure to stay as far from the giant lizard and the girl it accompanied as he could. Damn things might not be Dragons, but they were close enough as far as he cared. He removed the copper circlet from his head, turning the thing over in his hands as he sat beneath the oak. The metal still crackled with residual static.

"Hmph. Guess I won't be needing it anymore... now that I've access to a tome again." His mind flashed back to their struggle on the cold earth, the burning ozone permeating the air, the feeling of the electrical force he'd stored in the copper unleashed itself all at once. Even now, it still bothered him how far he'd sunk, that he'd even parted with his own tome and actually convinced himself to make do with a replacement medium that was paltry by comparison, at best. "Then again though, what use did a coward like me really have for a weapon he was too afraid to use when it mattered most? Besides, even as piss-ant a solution as it was, it still saved me back there."
     "I guess... there's no point in throwing it away just yet, though. Not a very efficient focusing medium, or much better for storing excess charge... but it's Better to have and not need, than need and not have..."
"Reality, unlike fiction, has no obligation to conform to what people find believable." -Chroniqler

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: March 28, 2017, 04:08:16 pm »

Adrien kept to himself for the most part, having found practically nothing to actually do and finding himself more than a little restless as a result.

: "Bah, when do we move out? I tire of all this waiting around."
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: March 28, 2017, 05:01:57 pm »

"Soon enough. Soon enough."

Wolf was again merely crouching with her fingers loosely linked in front of her, eyes closed, resting her muscles for what was to come. There would be fighting. Hopefully plenty of it. She needed to move again, kill again, to get back into shape. She was too rusty.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: March 28, 2017, 05:22:58 pm »

Edmund comtemplated the fact that he was about to go into battle along a bunch of strangers, criminals and strange criminals. He looked around at the others, young and strong, while he himself was well past his physical prime.

: Hrrm. I'm no fighter, but I can still do work in a fight. Let's make a deal. Protect me, and I'll make sure none of you die to their weapons.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: March 28, 2017, 05:27:23 pm »

Edmund comtemplated the fact that he was about to go into battle along a bunch of strangers, criminals and strange criminals. He looked around at the others, young and strong, while he himself was well past his physical prime.

: Hrrm. I'm no fighter, but I can still do work in a fight. Let's make a deal. Protect me, and I'll make sure none of you die to their weapons.
"So what do we do if you keel over from age?"
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: March 28, 2017, 05:28:15 pm »

The reply from Adrien came almost instantaneously.

: "Agreed. Though I may end up protecting you more often than you'd need to heal me."
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: March 28, 2017, 05:33:39 pm »

"So what do we do if you keel over from age?"
: If that happens you'll be the ones with the problem, not me. So give yourself an answer.

Edmund merely grinned at Adrien's response.

Lucus Casius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: March 28, 2017, 05:37:17 pm »

Back with his book, William mumbled.  He'd managed to refocus some, so he might have sounded a bit distracted from the ongoing conversation.

: "Yes, yes.  If you protect and heal me, I'll... things.  Refrain from singing, maybe, for a start."

: "Can't make any promises, of course."
« Last Edit: March 28, 2017, 05:39:08 pm by Lucus Casius »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: March 28, 2017, 05:43:36 pm »

"...If I must, I vill."

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: March 28, 2017, 06:05:01 pm »

Just then, the sun began to peek over the horizon.

: "About bloody time. Alright, everyone mount up! We're going to be riding all day as it is."

Chapter 1: Plea Bargain

As the group rode down the eastern road, they passed several small villages and farming communities. Some of them were being worked as though the war had never occurred. Others seemed just a bit too empty, with fresh headstones marking fresh graves. Others were nothing more than ashen ruins.

Just after the sun reached its peak, the group heard shouts and screams up ahead. The telltale clashing of metal and pillars of smoke rising in the near distance made it obvious to all that some sort of battle was taking place at the next village, a wide spot in the road known as "Briarpatch".

: "Keep moving! We can't afford to stop long enough to help these people. Just keep riding and--" Porkins was cut off as a crossbow bolt whizzed by overhead, and a number of armed men sprang from the trees, roaring and blocking the road!

: "Damn it all! A Wastelander ambush! Alright you scum, draw weapons and advance! We'll cut through this rabble and be on our way." However, the captain stood up in his saddle to peer into the village. It was infested with wastelanders, but a small knot of town militia somehow had managed to stay alive this long. Could they be saved...?

Player Phase 1

Spoiler: Objective (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: HP Spoiler (click to show/hide)

EXP: 0/100
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 33