Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 33

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums: Scum of the Empire (IC) - Chapter 2!  (Read 24797 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums: Scum of the Empire (IC thread!)
« Reply #165 on: March 27, 2017, 06:08:27 pm »

"You are correct. I do not run; I attack. I do not attack; I kill. As for vhy I am here instead of there?"

Wolf spread her hands in an expansive, expressive gesture.

"None can say."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: March 27, 2017, 06:14:48 pm »

Ghamina smiled back wryly, amused despite herself. This hound certainly liked her air of mystique, didn't she?
"I have my suspicions it is not so much 'one can't say' as 'one won't say', Miss Mysterious Stray."
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: March 27, 2017, 06:31:15 pm »

"This is a true thing."

"But one should not peer so closely into another's past unless she expects the same. This vulf suspects the Khanate's fangs are bloody too even if she denies it, but she vill not pry. The Khanate vill tell her story, or not; it is her decision."
« Last Edit: March 27, 2017, 06:33:03 pm by SeriousConcentrate »
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: March 27, 2017, 06:48:58 pm »

To this point, the red headed thief had been largely quiet. Miranda didn't know any of these people, and to be frank some of them were rather frightening - certainly moreso than her or anyone she'd seen on the street. That said... getting an idea of who you were working with seemed important on a mission on which your life depended. Start with the least likely to gut you, she supposed. The one who claimed to be a princess seemed a good place to start, so she wandered over.

"You know, I've been wondering. You say you're a princess, right? I'm no noble, but it seems odd to me that a princess would be sent to a foreign nation, rather than some diplomat-type. Any reason for that?"
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: March 27, 2017, 07:05:38 pm »

"Fair is fair, I suppose. What kind of music do they have in Wolfland, Miss Stray?"

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #170 on: March 27, 2017, 07:07:04 pm »

Her initial conversational partner seemed to have lost interest, which was unfortunate. She was just about to begin a search for a comfortable place to sleep when the thief - allegedly an assassin - spoke to her.

"Several reasons, the first of which is that I 'sent' myself here. This errand was my plan, and I wished to oversee it personally. I had assumed that my presence was, at the very least, a gesture of good faith; I hadn't realized how the situation in this country had declined since we first received news of your struggles."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: March 27, 2017, 07:32:36 pm »

Miranda raised an eyebrow. She hadn't heard of the war?

"Really? Is your country really isolated? They were crashing through the country, almost unstoppable right up until the Queen killed their leader. I'd have assumed that nearby nations would have heard that."
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: March 27, 2017, 07:37:26 pm »

"Music. Hmm."

Wolf closed her eyes and thought. It had been a long time since she had reason to try to remember it.

"Vhat is vord... blin, eto... Percussive? Da. Percussive."

The dark mercenary clapped out a simple rhythm - three quick beats, followed by two slow ones, and then repeating.

"Not just clapping and stomping. Mostly drums."

"Rhythm of hunt, of blood. Life and death, love and hate in heartbeats."

"Vulf is no singer of songs, but one is remembered. She vill try."

After a moment, Stray Wolf curled her left hand into a fist and punched her right upper arm in a slow rhythm, using the soft clash of metal on metal as accompaniment to her song - which, as she said, she was not exactly singing. Rather, speaking slightly louder. It would be better suited in the hands of an actual musician.

"Gori, gori, moya zvezda, zvezda lyubvi, privetnaya! Ty u menya odna zavetnaya, drugoy ne budet nikogda."

"Soydyot li noch na zemlyu yasnaya, zvyozd mnogo bleshchet v nebesakh, no ty odna, moya prekrasnaya, gorish v otradnykh mne luchakh."

"Zvezda nadezhdy blagodatnaya, zvezda lyubvi volshebnykh dney, ty budesh vechno nezakatnaya v dushe toskuyushchey moyey."

"Tvoikh luchey nebesnoy siloyu vsya zhizn moya ozarena. Umru li ya, ty nad mogiloyu gori, siyay, moya zvezda!"

Gaterhyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: March 27, 2017, 07:51:51 pm »

Yara had gotten in a stint of practiced scowling, which seemed to have served her well enough in that no one had approached her.

By this point, however, she had drifted off to sleep, wyvern curled protectively around her. She stirred at the recitation of song but, noticing no movement from her wyvern to defend against a threat, fell back asleep almost as quickly. Conversation could wait. This was the first good rest she had had in a long time.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #174 on: March 27, 2017, 08:47:01 pm »

"I had heard of the war, yes. It's why I left in the first place; as I just told our barbed mage friend, I planned to offer the services of myself and my soldiers along with supplies for your war effort in exchange for assistance with my own. I did not realize your country had been so badly broken."
"Or that it was putting its citizens to death at the most convenient excuses."
She said this last with a deep scowl.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2017, 09:12:14 pm by KingMurdoc »
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: March 27, 2017, 08:54:03 pm »

Miranda nodded in agreement.

"Things have been getting very harsh, these days. We were right on the brink, so anything that could possibly undermine the war effort was basically treason. Far as I can tell, people are still too scared to get things back how they were."
Sigtext!

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #176 on: March 27, 2017, 09:23:14 pm »

Gawen was quiet for a moment, nodding in response about halfway through her silence.

"I apologize, but I would like to know who I am to be fighting alongside; what is the story behind your supposed assassination charge?"
GM of Trespassers V2.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: March 28, 2017, 02:24:27 am »

"Primal. I can see how it'd stir the blood."
She cleared her throat and had a go herself.
"Gori, gori, moya zvezda, zvezda lyubvi, privetnaya!
Ty u menya odna zavetnaya, drugoy ne budet nikogda."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: March 28, 2017, 03:06:40 am »

"You do vhat you vill vith it. Perhaps you vill... pretty it up some, da?"

Wolf didn't correct her pronunciation, so it was quite likely Ghamina was saying it correctly. Something else seemed to be amusing her, however.

"Make it sound like one of your Khanate songs. Strings and flowing... melodies?"

She closed her eyes and moved her index finger a bit, the classic image of someone listening to a song only they can hear.

"Da. You think on that."

Lucus Casius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: March 28, 2017, 04:37:03 am »

More or less alone, now, the shaman turned the page of his tome.  Now that he had it in hand again, it all came rather easily to him.  So it always was, for people like him.

He turned another page, tracing a finger along the familiar elvish symbols inked upon it.  Beneath his breath, he hummed, allowing, for the moment, his mind to wander, muttering to himself without others to bother.

: "It is an interesting one.  Shine, shine, I think... Let's see... If true, it would make the root..."

He turned the page again, shaking his head.  Better to focus on more immediately applicable subjects, for now.  At least if he planned to sleep any time soon.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 33