Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 33

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums: Scum of the Empire (IC) - Chapter 2!  (Read 24793 times)

Lucus Casius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums: Scum of the Empire (IC thread!)
« Reply #150 on: March 27, 2017, 03:51:17 am »

: "Complete reverse engineering of blood magic and necromancy, and formation of a unified theory with the traditional schools of magic!"

: "...True, it likely would have taken a few more years, at the absolute minimum, to reach that stage.  And I can't imagine we'd ever be allowed to apply it in full.  But even with the progess we were making, limiting applications to the defensive would still..."

He shakes his head and waves his hand dismissively.

: "Ah, no matter.  I suspect most of the notes were burned, and I can't imagine we'll ever see a research team like that again."
« Last Edit: March 27, 2017, 03:55:09 am by Lucus Casius »

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #151 on: March 27, 2017, 10:09:16 am »

"A pity. Knowledge is too valuable an asset, even supposedly "forbidden" knowledge." She shakes her head.

"Why do you Yerbians have such an issue with these so-called dark arts, anyway? Magic is simply a tool, to my mind."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Lucus Casius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: March 27, 2017, 10:43:14 am »

: ""Certainly not 'merely.'  Magic is far more than a tool.  But I've no interest in lecturing on the topic at the moment."
"

: "Hm.  Perhaps later.  Provided no one decides to beat me to death for singing again.  Or for threatening to give a lecture."

The man rubbed his chin, musing in silence for a moment.  Despite the subject matter, he still bore an expression of vague amusement.

: "I'm inclined to agree with the rest of your assertion, though.  The Empire does have the most curious tendency to censure knowledge.  Whatever the reasoning, it does far more harm than good."
« Last Edit: March 27, 2017, 10:46:19 am by Lucus Casius »

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #153 on: March 27, 2017, 11:03:17 am »

"Perhaps recent events will cause them to rethink their stance on that matter. Knowledge is power, as they say, and keeping oneself from it is like fighting one-handed."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: March 27, 2017, 11:05:33 am »

"My, you are far from home. I don't think I've met one of your kind before."
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Lucus Casius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: March 27, 2017, 11:23:32 am »

: "I'm a bit doubtful on that point."

: "But perhaps being threatened with execution has made me cynical on the matter."
« Last Edit: March 27, 2017, 11:59:12 am by Lucus Casius »

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #156 on: March 27, 2017, 11:53:15 am »

"Fair enough. The looming threat of one's imminent demise does tend to dampen one's optimism."
GM of Trespassers V2.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
  • BEEP BOP READ SOLDIERMON
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: March 27, 2017, 12:13:17 pm »

: I call it "being experienced", and it comes naturally with age. You'll realize that people are born as a blank slate and most prefer to stay that way until their deaths.

: ...Reverse engineering, you said? Have you found out how does this blood magic actually works and affects the body? All I had on the matter was some old notes I made from before it was officially forbidden, which now have served to retroactively condemn me.

Lucus Casius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: March 27, 2017, 12:39:46 pm »

: "To an extent.  Certainly we'd managed to identify several general mechanisms common to blood magic spells--we wouldn't have been able to develop countercharms otherwise--and a full model didn't seem..."

He waves a hand again, slumping back down with his book.

: "No matter.  I'd offer my own notes on the subject, but I'm afraid I don't have access to them.  For obvious reasons.  Still!  I'd be happy to discuss what details I can while we're traveling."

: "...Though for now, I'd ask to be allowed a bit of rest.  It's been ages since I've had access to a proper dark magic tome, and longer since it was a copy of Nosferatu.  I'll need to give myself a bit of a refresher before I fall asleep."
« Last Edit: March 27, 2017, 12:41:48 pm by Lucus Casius »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: March 27, 2017, 02:18:06 pm »

"My, you are far from home. I don't think I've met one of your kind before."

A laugh, a brief smile that was a bit more fangs than necessary; perhaps Wolf approved of the conclusion Ghamina had come to.

"Umnaya devochka, but home is not so far."

She reached down and patted the ground between her feet companionably to show what she meant and turned her eyes back towards the pink and purples hues the sky was beginning to take.

"One has strayed far from the lands where beasts much more dangerous than vulfes reign."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: March 27, 2017, 03:44:03 pm »

"Hmm... perhaps I'd like to see such creatures someday, if from a distance. But then again, this land seems dangerous enough, with mere men in it... have you seen many monsters?"

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: March 27, 2017, 03:55:25 pm »

Wolf considered this before apparently deciding to play the semantics game.

"Da. Seen many, slain many. One can find monsters anywhere if she looks hard enough. Vastelanders, imperials, undead, merzost'... Vulf has been called monster herself."

She snapped her teeth at Ghamina and settled back on her haunches, chuckling quietly.

"Perhaps if the desert-singer is lucky, she vill see a monster today. That one seems to fear their presence."

Wolf indicated the blonde woman accompanying the convicts on 'that one'.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: March 27, 2017, 04:12:59 pm »

"Hmph."
Ghamina didn't seem too impressed by the semantics.
"Why Wolf, anyway? Aren't they meant to be pack hunters, or something?"
It's not like wolves lived in Al-cules; it was a desert. Still, wolves were somewhat like jackals, right?

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: March 27, 2017, 04:22:01 pm »

"Vulf is name Yerbians gave me. It... suffices?

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: March 27, 2017, 05:36:59 pm »

"Why did you leave your homeland, then? I was forced to flee mine by the Cruel, but you... I can't imagine you fleeing much, actually."
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 33