Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 22

Author Topic: Picture Wars - Inter Dimensional Chaos (Free for all)  (Read 23453 times)

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
Re: Picture Wars (full, though accepting interested players)
« Reply #60 on: March 31, 2017, 08:24:29 am »

Great tutorial, but it always says that my image is corrupted or something to that effect. White X in a White Box and all.
Huh, does it say it at the step of uploading or posting the bbcode?
Here at Bay12 we excel at Theoretical Biology. Need to know the value of Merbone? Check. Need to know the density of a thrown Fluffy Wambler? Check. Need to know how a walking Mushroom can theoretically talk? Check.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
  • A sarcastic, weird nerd of many things. That's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 31, 2017, 08:28:43 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Whenever I put it in the thread. It shows up fine on Imgur, and I saved it to .png just to be safe.
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.
I desire, for whatever reason, to create Space Louisiana.

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 31, 2017, 08:43:26 am »

http://imgur.com/ha4FRl2
It does show on imgur, weird.
I reuploaded it and it works

Also, guys we have to decide on the map.
Edit: also when postin on imgur make sure that you are posting just for yourself not to everybody, unless you want
« Last Edit: March 31, 2017, 08:53:11 am by snow dwarf »
Here at Bay12 we excel at Theoretical Biology. Need to know the value of Merbone? Check. Need to know the density of a thrown Fluffy Wambler? Check. Need to know how a walking Mushroom can theoretically talk? Check.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 31, 2017, 08:46:10 am »

Hmm, weird. Might be something on my end, but I'm not sure on the "fixing that" bit. Eh, if whoever's running it can find what I did and re-post, I guess that'll be fine. Also, quick question, how do these look? These are my first real Pixel Wars drawings, so...
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 31, 2017, 09:08:39 am »

You might want to lower the saturion to give the stone a more natural look. Use the pencil tool for, because not gonna lie, but it looks like a drawing not pixel art. The portal should be round or oval. I'm also not quite sure what it actually is in the right corner. Shading is also an important part of pixel art though not as important as some other basics.
Sorry if I'm too harsh but basically it's not a masterpiece however you can eventually learn the art of pixel pushing. What editor are you using? I suggest Paint.NET. Another suggestion is to look at other peoples armies and their PW stuff.

Here is the WIP sheet I will be playing with . I won't be using the square small dudes, and the demon in the top right corner. Also I made a new portal.

« Last Edit: March 31, 2017, 09:19:57 am by snow dwarf »

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 31, 2017, 09:18:44 am »

You might want to lower the saturion to give the stone a more natural look. Use the pencil tool for drawings, because not gonna lie but it looks like a drawing not pixel art. The portal should be round or oval. I'm also not quite sure what it actually is in the right corner. Shading is also an important part of pixel art. Sorry if I'm too harsh but basically it's not a masterpiece however you can eventually learn the art of pixel pushing. What editor are you using? I suggest Paint.NET.
Here is the WIP sheet I will be using. I won't be using the square small dudes, and the demon in the top right corner. Also I made a new portal.

Nah, I knew it wasn't good. I was just using the standard Paint tool that came with my computer, but I'll download Paint.net so I can actually draw well for the first time in...my life, actually.

Also, nice portal, dude. Looks sweet.

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 31, 2017, 09:22:14 am »

Huh, you posted when I was editing my unreadable wall of text.  :P
Now it should be more clear what I wrote and I gave you a few other tips.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 31, 2017, 09:23:57 am »

Sweet. And yeah, I'll be paying more attention to others' artwork.

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 31, 2017, 11:33:37 pm »

Created this thread so that we can discuss our pixel art:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=163569.0

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 01, 2017, 05:52:38 am »

Suddenly the air in the cavern starts vibrating. A weird shape appears from thin air. It's seems to be made of a plasma-like substance. The gravity  around it is very strong.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2017, 06:24:54 am by snow dwarf »

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 01, 2017, 12:25:23 pm »

Meanwhile, from the east, a small scouting party from the Ito clan, made up of Yari Ashigaru and a samurai to lead them, marches across the snowy ground, heading to the ruined castle to investigate it in the hopes of finding a semi protected place for the army to camp later, as well as in the hopes the place could be restored into a proper fortress to help grow their Daimyo's influence.

Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 01, 2017, 05:49:19 pm »

Awesome   ;D

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #72 on: April 02, 2017, 04:44:36 am »

Oh god, I thought I posted my turn already! I've got it done but it's at home. I'll post it in the evening.
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 03, 2017, 06:12:50 am »

Oh god, I thought I posted my turn already! I've got it done but it's at home. I'll post it in the evening.
*lightly bumps gwolfski*

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #74 on: April 03, 2017, 05:27:48 pm »

*wakes up* sorry, post in 15 min

edit:

Two dwarf scouts and their commander move onto the map.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2017, 05:32:08 pm by Gwolfski »
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 22