Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 22

Author Topic: Picture Wars - Inter Dimensional Chaos (Free for all)  (Read 23405 times)

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
Picture Wars - Inter Dimensional Chaos (Free for all)
« on: March 24, 2017, 05:02:44 am »

Hi everybody! I welcome You to picture wars a.k.a. pixel wars a game in which everything is customizable to a single pixel.
I'm looking for somebody who would like to play a match.

Rules:
The idea itself is pretty simple. You have an army and a map, on your turn you move your guys and do actions with them. This is going to be a 1v1 match. If there are more people interested we can go ahead and play a 1v1v1 or even a 2v2 or something else.
For better explanation you should checkout the "how to match tutorial" on the picture wars forum. The link is here Edit: just noticed that the pictures in the tutorial are down. Sorry.

Army:
What's an army?
An army is a collection of sprites that fight together.
How do I get an army?
Well, there are two ways, one is to create an army by yourself, the "a guide to armies tutorial" will help, the link is here. Another way is to use an already created army you can find some armies on the forum, but unless the creator said they are for free use you will need to ask them.

If you want to know more about picture wars check this out:
Link: CLICK ME!!!

Example incomplete match on bay 12.

WIP thread on bay12

The match starts from here.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2017, 07:51:02 pm by snow dwarf »
Here at Bay12 we excel at Theoretical Biology. Need to know the value of Merbone? Check. Need to know the density of a thrown Fluffy Wambler? Check. Need to know how a walking Mushroom can theoretically talk? Check.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
Re: Picture Wars - Looking for players (1/4)
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2017, 06:28:30 am »

If someone points out a good Android app for mobile devices I'm totally in. There's a few pixel editor programs but I don't know what would work for this.
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2017, 06:34:58 am »

If someone points out a good Android app for mobile devices I'm totally in. There's a few pixel editor programs but I don't know what would work for this.
I personally use and love Pixly, for windows I use paint.net and can't find a better tool. Also if you are wondering why I am back in forum games and roleplaying even though I said I didn't have time for medieva, it's because I decided to end my community fort.

Edit:
Even though it is possible to play this with an android app, it will be much easier (and faster) to edit and create stuff with a computer. It's also what I propose you use if you haven't done pixel art before, because some stuff can be confusing in the beginning.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2017, 06:48:02 am by snow dwarf »
Here at Bay12 we excel at Theoretical Biology. Need to know the value of Merbone? Check. Need to know the density of a thrown Fluffy Wambler? Check. Need to know how a walking Mushroom can theoretically talk? Check.

Eritzap

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
    • deviantArt
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2017, 06:55:08 am »

This looks very interesting

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2017, 09:09:51 am »

This looks very interesting
Wanna join?

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2017, 12:08:25 pm »

I'll consider joining again, but I'd need to make a much better sheet than last time. It was a mess last time. I'd also need to use something other than Gimp; it didn't play nice.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2017, 12:49:05 pm »

I'll consider joining again, but I'd need to make a much better sheet than last time. It was a mess last time. I'd also need to use something other than Gimp; it didn't play nice.
As I said before I can't stop praising paint.net once you get used to it.

tntey

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Fishbone for its ska
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2017, 01:00:10 pm »

Sure i'll join
Speaking of lowest intelligence, that reminds me of the fact that it's probably your first time in prison. Don't worry, I can give you some tips, having spent some time in a few myself. The best way to make friends here is to drop the soap during shower time. Try it, I'm sure you'll love making friends like that!

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2017, 01:20:52 pm »

I'll join
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2017, 01:22:34 pm »

@tntey I would like to wait for Rosehearts and Eritzap to state if they are joining. If they won't be, you can go ahead and prepare your army.
I would like to have no more than 4 players (including) me, just to have it running smoothly, because players disappearing or not having time in the middle of a match is very common and the usual killer of PW matches. However if there is a lot of interest I might make another sandbox game.
Edit: also need confirmation from Roseheart, Eritzap and Coolrune
« Last Edit: March 24, 2017, 10:28:12 pm by snow dwarf »

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2017, 01:28:14 pm »

If I had some good base sprites available to me to edit into my own, I might join.
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2017, 06:27:15 pm »

If I had some good base sprites available to me to edit into my own, I might join.
There is a whole lot of armies here http://www.picturewars.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=8 you should just look around there.

Also I decided that I will be making a new game for people that have played PW before and have more experience. This  thread is kinda like a beginners game for those who haven't played before or don't have much experience and feel like they would apply as PW "noobs". Gonna post a link to the second thread anytime soon.

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
Re: Picture Wars - beginners game (?/4)
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2017, 07:20:11 pm »

Here is the sanbox thread

Also I would like to confirm who is playing here.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2017, 09:39:26 pm »

I've begun work on an army. My idea is animal soldiers made through a genetically-manipulatable base. So far, I've an all-around beast soldier with moderate range and good short-range damage, a sniper bird that quickly moves through the air to achieve optimal sniping positions, and a tanking turtle that deals slow area damage with his gun. Also, the tanks that spawn them.
Spoiler: Sprite Sheet So Far (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 24, 2017, 09:42:42 pm by OceanSoul »
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2017, 09:42:51 pm »

Oh hey....now here is the fun question, do I use the new and improved Piratopians or make a new army? How bout I do both or something...
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 22