Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 22

Author Topic: Picture Wars - Inter Dimensional Chaos (Free for all)  (Read 23469 times)

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
Re: Picture Wars (full, though accepting interested players)
« Reply #45 on: March 29, 2017, 06:14:10 am »

Actually, Im just using the first letter of the name, say, a longswords man would be L M or a muskiteer M, I'll give you a hint, the N is a weapon and the S is a profession, meanwhile A is the profession while T is the weapon, pass the riddle and I'll show you some of my army.

NS, I figure, is the Ninjato for a Samurai. AT might be Ashigaru and Tanegashima.
....Welp, you got one of them right....the ashigaru at any rate...
Japanese army?

Also, would you guys be OK if we officially start the match tomorrow (the 30th)?
Here at Bay12 we excel at Theoretical Biology. Need to know the value of Merbone? Check. Need to know the density of a thrown Fluffy Wambler? Check. Need to know how a walking Mushroom can theoretically talk? Check.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 29, 2017, 07:28:37 am »

Would be glad, actually, since I haven't had as much time to work on sprites as I thought. Could use an extra day.
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 29, 2017, 08:37:47 am »

Would be glad, actually, since I haven't had as much time to work on sprites as I thought. Could use an extra day.
Ok, sure
Here at Bay12 we excel at Theoretical Biology. Need to know the value of Merbone? Check. Need to know the density of a thrown Fluffy Wambler? Check. Need to know how a walking Mushroom can theoretically talk? Check.

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 30, 2017, 01:22:05 am »

Gonna post the first turn today or tomorrow. Whoever has time can take a turn next.

stefman

• Bay Watcher
  • Techno-commie
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 31, 2017, 02:42:25 am »

Hi there!
Is it going to be an open match like a sandbox, or strictly 2 vs 2?
Russians are coming!

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
  • A sarcastic, weird nerd of many things. That's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 31, 2017, 03:13:43 am »

Hi there!
Is it going to be an open match like a sandbox, or strictly 2 vs 2?

We can't forget the ever classic 1v1v1v1, or 1v2v1, or 1v3, of course. :)

I imagine it's going to be more of a fight, but I don't know.
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.
I desire, for whatever reason, to create Space Louisiana.

stefman

• Bay Watcher
  • Techno-commie
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 31, 2017, 03:55:54 am »

An old rule is: "More the merrier". Chaos, blood, explosions, temporary truces, cowardness and betrayal - all these things are adding fun into the game. That's why I'm asking.
Russians are coming!

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 31, 2017, 04:38:14 am »

It's going to be a 1v1v1v1 because I find that while this is true:
An old rule is: "More the merrier". Chaos, blood, explosions, temporary truces, cowardness and betrayal - all these things are adding fun into the game. That's why I'm asking.

There is another old rule: The more the smaller chance the match will be finished. However if Stefman you want to play, you could start a match and I know at least three other people that could play.

Edit: It turns out that map 4 is an JPG and thus unplayable. It seem that the only option is map 8. Any ideas?
Edit Edit:
Found two other medieval maps the first one being smaller and the second one, while bigger, I think a bit unfinished.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Edit Edit Edit:
Just noticed the first one isn't actually medieval but I still like it more.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2017, 05:19:52 am by snow dwarf »

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 31, 2017, 05:31:02 am »

Erm, how is JPG 'unplayable'?
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 31, 2017, 05:37:10 am »

Erm, how is JPG 'unplayable'?
Well basicly JPG is a compressed picture and that's why in PW the first and most important rule is: "SAVE IN PNG!!!"

Edit:

Gonna ask here cause it's gonna take some times for the guys on PW forums to respond if ever. How to make this look more like a portal to hell?
« Last Edit: March 31, 2017, 05:46:32 am by snow dwarf »

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 31, 2017, 06:50:17 am »

I made a couple Hell Portals to show off (might give you some ideas), but I'm not sure how to post it in the thread.
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 31, 2017, 06:54:35 am »

[img](link to image)[/img]

The link to the image is easy to mind if you put the picture up on Imgur or some other such site.
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 31, 2017, 07:02:27 am »

EDIT: Didn't work for whatever reason. Guess I'll cross that bridge in the thread I'm playing in.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2017, 07:06:01 am by Greatness942 »

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 31, 2017, 07:13:32 am »

EDIT: Didn't work for whatever reason. Guess I'll cross that bridge in the thread I'm playing in.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=162924.0 here is a tutorial I made some time ago. While you are there could you post just to bring it back to the first page. Thx

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 31, 2017, 08:20:05 am »

Great tutorial, but it always says that my image is corrupted or something to that effect. White X in a White Box and all.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 22