Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 84 85 [86] 87 88 ... 146

Author Topic: FEF: Liberation of Izzarra IC Thread  (Read 106439 times)

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: Liberation of Izzarra IC Thread
« Reply #1275 on: January 03, 2018, 06:11:46 pm »

"I see. I have a message for you from Sala Junai. Your group is to meet with him tomorrow, at ten. Do not be late. He will also be paying for your rooms for the evening. Will you all be staying here?" The man gestured to the room behind him.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1276 on: January 03, 2018, 06:29:16 pm »

Sam shrugged. The inn seemed nice enough, assuming it was big enough.

: "It's a pretty big group, ten of us total. Do you have room?"
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1277 on: January 03, 2018, 06:42:22 pm »

"I already checked with the owner, he has the rooms. I'll let him know you'll be staying here." The man turned away and approached a different man, presumably the proprietor.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1278 on: January 11, 2018, 05:59:11 pm »

Eventually, the group did gather at The Half Moon, and retired for the night. Come the morning, a runner came to the inn to inform the group that their meeting had been moved to eight, rushing the group toward the palace at the center of the city. It was a huge building, surrounded by walls and gardens and pools separating it from the rest of the city. The bustling market, noisy already even in the early morning, was muted by the time they reached the entrance to the palace, replaced by the gentle sound of running water and the sound of gentle breezes rustling the flowers and leaves of the gardens.

Servants led the group as a whole into a small waiting room, barely large enough for the group to all stand inside comfortably. "Please wait here until you are called. Sala Junaid will see you shortly." The servant closed the door behind him, leaving the group within a small room. There were no chairs, and a series of mirrors and windows brought sunlight into the room.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1279 on: January 11, 2018, 06:59:42 pm »

: "Soooo Sharne? Anything we need to know before meeting this guy? Topics to avoid, whatever?"

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1280 on: January 11, 2018, 07:28:05 pm »

Sharne felt oddly at home in this place she had never been. It was similar enough to places in her hometown that it fit. Still, there was no time to get caught up in the nostalgia. Sam's question knocked her back into reality and she answered, looking around at the group as she did.

"Be polite above all else. No one should speak until he has finished what he is saying. Do not say anything stupid or insulting."

It might have been coincidence, but her eyes landed on Brock on that last bit. Continuing her glance around the group, she looked at Martyn then Roux, hesitated, and then suggested,

"It... We might want to consider having me or Farra do most of the talking. Just to be on the safe side. While neither of us live here, there are some common things between the cities as to what is ok and what is not."

That was only part of the truth. The other part was she wasn't sure how much she could trust some of the group to not put their foot in their mouth without realizing. Or with realizing depending on who it was.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1281 on: January 11, 2018, 07:30:29 pm »

Roux, not a fan of the crowded room or the arrogant summons, scowled. She crossed her arms and tapped her foot as she leaned against the wall.
"'E sets th' time earlier an' then makes us wait? Bloody cheeky."
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #1282 on: January 11, 2018, 07:30:41 pm »

Bertholt lifts an eyebrow, following Sharne's eyes. He pauses for a moment, as if about to interject, then understands what her intention was.
"Please, do lead the way. You two probably know best here."

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1283 on: January 11, 2018, 07:39:02 pm »

: "Fine with me. I'll keep my mouth shut unless he asks for a song or something."

Lucus Casius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1284 on: January 11, 2018, 07:44:20 pm »

Martyn frowned, perhaps spying something more behind her suggestion than Sharne let on.  But if he noticed the implication, he brushed the insult aside quickly enough.  Regardless of her intention, she did know the area better, and Sala Junaid may well listen more closely to one from his own country than another.

"So long as you're willing and able to push for his aid, it's acceptable.  We have much to gain from a meeting.  And much to lose, should we be ignored."
« Last Edit: January 11, 2018, 09:02:06 pm by Lucus Casius »

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #1285 on: January 11, 2018, 08:54:46 pm »

Sharne felt oddly at home in this place she had never been. It was similar enough to places in her hometown that it fit. Still, there was no time to get caught up in the nostalgia. Sam's question knocked her back into reality and she answered, looking around at the group as she did.

"Be polite above all else. No one should speak until he has finished what he is saying. Do not say anything stupid or insulting."

It might have been coincidence, but her eyes landed on Brock on that last bit. Continuing her glance around the group, she looked at Martyn then Roux, hesitated, and then suggested,

"It... We might want to consider having me or Farra do most of the talking. Just to be on the safe side. While neither of us live here, there are some common things between the cities as to what is ok and what is not."

That was only part of the truth. The other part was she wasn't sure how much she could trust some of the group to not put their foot in their mouth without realizing. Or with realizing depending on who it was.

"I'm sure he has it hard enough living in this sand-pit without the need for me to bring up how much better the rest of the world is. Let's get this finished fast, so we can find a place that the sun doesn't hate with all its might."
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1286 on: January 11, 2018, 09:07:25 pm »

Sharne shook her head at Roux.

"It's a show of his power most likely. He controls the scene is what he's telling us. We can't let it get to us. We're here to beg his help. While we helped his son, that only goes so far. We still have mileage to make up."

She smiled at Bert and Sam and then nodded at Martyn.

"Of course I am. I am as much a part of the revolution as anyone else in this group. I want it to have the best chance it can to succeed and that means we need to push those who have more than we do to donate money, weapons, men, anything we can get. I won't let him walk all over me, trust me on that."

There was a glint of hardness and determination in her eyes on that last note. This whole morning so far she had been feeling... strange. It was a buzzing in the back of her head most of the time, but for some reason on that declaration, it surged up briefly for a second before fading away again. She pushed it back to the back of her mind again as Brock once again decided his foot was delicious.

"You. You especially. I honestly don't care one wit what you think about me, my people, or my land. But you will not endanger our mission here. That means you do not say a single word in there beyond what is absolutely necessary if and only if you are personally addressed. If you say something even half as bad as some of the things you've said in my presence, you will be thrown in jail and I for one will not lift a finger to get you out of it because you will have put yourself there. So from now until we leave this place, you will not say a single negative thing about this land or my people or else."

Gaterhyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1287 on: January 11, 2018, 09:15:54 pm »

Liam idled near a window. He had no objections, and little else to say. He was hardly a fitting representative for their cause even if he had wanted to speak to the merchant's father.

He and Farra had found a messenger eventually, and now both his worries and pouch were lighter. The former was less so and the latter considerably more so, but he was feeling better than he had been for a long while. He allowed himself a moment to savor that, even as Sharne and Brock seemed liable to get into fighting words again.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #1288 on: January 11, 2018, 09:24:20 pm »

"You. You especially. I honestly don't care one wit what you think about me, my people, or my land. But you will not endanger our mission here. That means you do not say a single word in there beyond what is absolutely necessary if and only if you are personally addressed. If you say something even half as bad as some of the things you've said in my presence, you will be thrown in jail and I for one will not lift a finger to get you out of it because you will have put yourself there. So from now until we leave this place, you will not say a single negative thing about this land or my people or else."

"I'm a bandit turned revolutionary. If I was scared of 'jails', I would probably have found a softer profession by now. Whatever, feel free to talk to him yourself. I ain't exactly stepping forward to be the revolution's diplomat. Begging a man half my size for help, with my own mouth? Jail sounds pleasant, compared to that..."
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1289 on: January 11, 2018, 10:03:04 pm »

Sharne glared at the man for a few seconds longer, before turning to Farra.

"Did you have anything else to add? Anything I might have missed?"
Pages: 1 ... 84 85 [86] 87 88 ... 146