Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 86 87 [88] 89 90 ... 146

Author Topic: FEF: Liberation of Izzarra IC Thread  (Read 106416 times)

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: Liberation of Izzarra IC Thread
« Reply #1305 on: January 12, 2018, 04:08:03 pm »

Bertholt refuses to grace that with a response.

Aliemma

• Bay Watcher
  • Rejecting reality and substituting my own.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1306 on: January 12, 2018, 05:25:09 pm »

Farra had been watching the conversation with mild annoyence, but she finally decided to whisper to Brock, even though she did have to stretch up a little.

"...Please, you're really not helping here; if anything, we're probably being heard by them; and Sharne's our main diplomat right now, if you piss her off we might not get help.."

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #1307 on: January 12, 2018, 05:47:25 pm »

Brock shrugs his shoulders.
"I was only joining in on the ongoing the-o-logical discussion. If they've been listening the whole time, ain't like stopping now would help much. Besides, wouldn't you be a better choice for diplomat? You were a merchant or something, he's a merchant or something, you could probably work something out."
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Lucus Casius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1308 on: January 12, 2018, 06:14:32 pm »

"Enough."

Martyn had been staring down at his left hand, only distantly listening to the chatter around him.  It was strange, looking at the empty stump where once a finger had been.  Strange enough that he felt half-detached from his own body, as if following along upon a cloud. He clenched his hand, and his body clenched its hand, pressing the remaining nails into the palm until it started to hurt.  Enough to draw himself closer, to feel the blood pumping through /his/ veins, rather than those of his simulacrum.  There was an energy there he wasn't used to.  A stream of certainty, where once there had been a drop, even if he had to focus to keep it flowing in him and not his form alone.  It was strange.

He took a breath.

"We must present a unified front, if we are to gain anything of this.  Sharne is of Jula Sunaid's people; she will suffice as a diplomat, and Farra, Bertholt, Sam, or I can step in as needed.  And only as needed.  Brock, if you have any love for our resistance, lend your support to our representative, and do so without providing or provoking insult.  Roux... just stay by the priest, and Liam... Well, I trust you'll be fine.  I trust you three to step in should things break down entirely.  But not a moment before."

"This is the first meeting of many.  Think of your friends, country, money... Whatever you like.  But for the sake of Rhea and Izzarra, control yourselves and work together."
« Last Edit: January 12, 2018, 06:17:14 pm by Lucus Casius »

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1309 on: January 12, 2018, 06:20:52 pm »

Sharne let out a quiet sigh of relief and nodded gratefully to Martyn.

"Thank you. I know how much this revolution means to you and I appreciate your trusting me to lead this part of our journey. I'm sure that there will be a time for me to step back and let you lead as well, but for now, I will do my best to get us the aid we need."

She was now regretting the moment of doubt she'd had for the man. He had conducted himself perfectly well around Sala Junaid's son earlier. She had no real reason to believe that he would conduct himself any less well other than her hangups with the way he had seemingly tried to make himself out as the leader of the group back in Izzarra. Perhaps she had misunderstood his intentions there. Or maybe he had grown some as well. She made a mental note to spend some more time getting to know the revolutionary better. If he could take a step back in a crucial moment such as this, perhaps he wasn't someone to worry about after all.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2018, 06:45:35 pm by Swordstar »

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1310 on: January 12, 2018, 06:32:10 pm »

Roux narrowed her eyes at Brock. He better not be taking the piss outta Rhea, or she'd be kicking the piss out of him. She opened her mouth to say something when Martyn decided to try being the boss again.

Roux grumbled at being commanded, but even the fiery horse-thief was capable of knowing not to start fighting with a powerful bloke like Sunaid unless things got really bad. She hasn't lived this long by being stupid, after all.
"Yeah, yeah. Keep yer 'air on. I c'n not fuck things up widdout yer natterin'."

Her pride sufficietly defended, she glanced at Sharne.

"'Ey, Sharne. We don't 'afta bow or anythin' like that, right? I ain't a fan of bowin' an' scrapin'."
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1311 on: January 12, 2018, 06:33:16 pm »

Sam nodded, feeling relieved.

: "Right. Gotta present a unified front or people will think we're two steps away from killing each other and ending this whole revolution before it begins."
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1312 on: January 12, 2018, 06:54:04 pm »

A servant opened a door opposite the one the group had entered through. "Sala Junaid will see you now." The group was ushered into a larger room, a massive, expansive hall. The ceiling was easily thirty feet up, and carefully placed windows and mirrors again were used to light the room. Massive stone pillars ran the length of the room, each holding a torch- currently unlit- and flanked by a man in light armor, carrying a halberd. From the entrance of the room was a thick blue carpet, leading up to the base of a staircase leading up to a throne.

Atop the throne sat a man who was likely below average height, but above average weight, smoking a massive cigar. He was an older man, in his mid forties. He looked down at the assembled members of the resistance and set his cigar down upon the arm of the chair with both hands. "Salutations. I am Sala Junaid. Please, introduce yourselves." He waved a hand toward the group, rather than at a single person.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1313 on: January 12, 2018, 07:03:49 pm »

"Yes, of course you should bow. But it doesn't need to be anything fancy. No prostrating yourself on the ground, just a normal bow to someone who in this country is your superior."

Just then, the servant came back and led them into the main hall. As they approached Sala Junaid's throne, Sharne took a few steps forward to the front of the group. In response to her question, she bowed deeply.

"My name is Sharne, from the desert village Solime. We as a group are from Izzarra, though I will of course allow my companions to introduce themselves."

She stepped back, nodding to the others to proceed.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1314 on: January 12, 2018, 07:16:07 pm »

Sam stepped forward, bowing her head and performing a curtsy at the same time. She belatedly hoped that Sala wouldn't take offense at the unorthodox maneuver.

: "I'm Samantha Bonham, from Millton. It's an honor, sir."
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Aliemma

• Bay Watcher
  • Rejecting reality and substituting my own.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1315 on: January 12, 2018, 07:24:15 pm »

Farra waited a minute to make sure Sala wouldn't speak before stepping forward and bowing. She was a little annoyed Brock more or less announced what she said before, but now wasn't the time for that.

"I am Farra Henreth of the town Serinya. It's an honor to meet you, Sir Junaid.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #1316 on: January 12, 2018, 08:46:50 pm »

Brock gives an awkward, obviously unpracticed bow with his head.

"Brock.....The axe-man."
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

CrimsonEon

• Bay Watcher
  • Is that Blood Thine or the Enemy's?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1317 on: January 12, 2018, 09:33:04 pm »

Kaldach, after a brief pause, finally uncrossed his arms and left them at his side. Making a shallow bow, he spoke curtly.
: "Name's Kaldach. Mercenary from nowhere important."

Gaterhyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1318 on: January 12, 2018, 09:52:14 pm »

Liam's bow was respectful, if unpolished.

"Liam Innhart. I'm a mercenary as well."

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #1319 on: January 13, 2018, 11:49:43 am »

Bertholt's bow was respectul and well-practiced. Well, as expected from the son of nobles, anyway.
"I am Bertholt Aviane, from Almace in Rheane. I am but a humble servant of Rhea, also at your service."
Pages: 1 ... 86 87 [88] 89 90 ... 146