Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 83 84 [85] 86 87 ... 146

Author Topic: FEF: Liberation of Izzarra IC Thread  (Read 106438 times)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: Liberation of Izzarra IC Thread
« Reply #1260 on: December 31, 2017, 08:54:00 pm »

Sam held on for just one more moment before letting go of Martyn and stepping back.

"I hope it was worth it, you two. I really do.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Aliemma

• Bay Watcher
  • Rejecting reality and substituting my own.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1261 on: December 31, 2017, 09:52:35 pm »

Farra quickly dove into the crowd, though she did slow herself down so as not to lose Liam in there. Even so, it was taking a while to find a stationary store; Farra knew her message was much to long to tell to some caravan verbally.

Farra had been thinking about this whole situation, and decided to talk while the two tried to find the right place.

"...Say, you said your parents are in Chilcinne, right?"

"Are they near the border at the very least? I know I can probably just find a caravan headed for Serinya and ask them to deliver it, but I doubt that many traders would be willing to go the extra mile in bandit country for cheap."

Gaterhyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1262 on: December 31, 2017, 11:51:35 pm »

"Something like that," Liam said, raising his voice to be heard over the crowd. "They're not as near to the border as I'd like, but let's see prices first."

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1263 on: January 02, 2018, 06:18:07 pm »

Sharne ran a hand through her hair and shook her head. It would take a little bit of time to get used to this, but she had no reason to complain. Not with what Martyn had gone through.

"Sam, Martyn, Berthold, you three go back to the rest of the group. I'll buy a tome for Esther and rejoin you all. Make sure that everyone else has found new equipment if they need it."

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #1264 on: January 02, 2018, 06:29:07 pm »

: "Well, I know that when I was using them solo it would influence the way I fight. But thinking back to the last time I used it, I think it's..." Kaldach paused to scratch his head, "How to say it, I think it influences how I swing instead of who I swing at. If that makes sense. Say I try to attack an enemy. If it's unhappy, it decides to swing in such a way that it goes into my shoulder instead of my target. At least, that's how I make sense of what happened back at the border."
The mercenary shrugged again and reached around his back, unfastening the scabbard of the dark sword, pulling it off and lifting it in front of him, towards Esther.
: "You're welcome to try. Never seen these things do more than burn someone's hand for trying to touch it."

Esther nods, and then gets a bit closer. She looks over the sword, not touching it just yet, seeing if her knowledge of older magics would tell her anything that wasn't already known. If it didn't, she'd cautiously try to touch the hilt - well away from the edge. "Let's see here..."
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1265 on: January 02, 2018, 06:43:45 pm »

Sam quietly heads to the inn. She feels like she needs a drink to deal with this whole dark-arts business.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1266 on: January 02, 2018, 06:51:23 pm »

The sword rejected Esther's touch violently. As she tapped the handle with a fingertip, the point of contact heated instantly, hot enough that Esther could feel the heat through her glove after the short contact. The sword twisted lightly in Kaldach's hand, warming beneath his grip as well, though not nearly hot enough to be uncomfortable... yet.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1267 on: January 02, 2018, 07:06:46 pm »

Esther brought her hand back quickly, before any kind of burn could come. A quick look at her glove showed it blackened a bit where it had met the sword.

"Well. Definitely magic, but you knew that. The most I can tell is that it's completely different than any other type. I thought it might have some kind of connection to the type I use, but... well, they call what I do dark magic, but from what I can tell it's just a mild gray in comparison to that. I can't tell why it... I want to say likes you, but that seems stupid for a sword. But then swords aren't supposed to be hostile either."
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.

CrimsonEon

• Bay Watcher
  • Is that Blood Thine or the Enemy's?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1268 on: January 02, 2018, 09:36:34 pm »

Kaldach's grip tightened on the sword, ensuring it couldn't twist his hand too far.
: "Figures. So definitely some obscure magic. Still, it's a little bit of new information, so that's something." He nodded before craning his head to look at Esther's glove, "Didn't manage to get your hand, did it?"

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1269 on: January 02, 2018, 09:42:45 pm »

Esther put up her hands and wiggled her fingers a bit.

"I'm fine! I only poked it a bit, and I have gloves! Probably would have been a burn if I didn't... guess it's a good thing my magic's dangerous enough that it seems smart to wear these. Sorry I couldn't figure out more."
Sigtext!

CrimsonEon

• Bay Watcher
  • Is that Blood Thine or the Enemy's?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1270 on: January 02, 2018, 10:24:03 pm »

: "Don't worry about it. All I need to know is how to swing it, and I've more or less got that down. Everything else is just a bonus."
The mercenary paused to swing the scabbard back around his back, tightening it on again.
: "Anyway, it's been a bit. Sharne'll probably tear the city down if we're out of her sight for too long. Should probably go looking for the rest." Kaldach turned for a moment before pausing, as if remembering something, "Oh, right. I... should thank you for that stunt you pulled to get her off of me after that whole thing at the border keep. Though, honestly, you were probably going to do that anyway. Just... convenient timing and all."

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1271 on: January 02, 2018, 10:30:58 pm »

"Well, I should thank you for getting the opportunity to present itself~" Esther said jokingly. "Don't worry about it. Glad to help a bit. I sort of doubt that any amount of verbal lashing would get you to stop using that sword anyway."
Sigtext!

Aliemma

• Bay Watcher
  • Rejecting reality and substituting my own.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1272 on: January 03, 2018, 12:49:39 pm »

"Something like that," Liam said, raising his voice to be heard over the crowd. "They're not as near to the border as I'd like, but let's see prices first."
Farra nodded in understanding as she continued looking; the last thing she wanted was to be stuck in here all night.
   "Oh, ok. I'll see if I can cover the extra for ya, it's the least I can do."

"After all, you are in Anecca, and I ought to make up for before."

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1273 on: January 03, 2018, 05:32:00 pm »

Sam quietly heads to the inn. She feels like she needs a drink to deal with this whole dark-arts business.

Though the city had many inns, Sam wandered into but one: The Half Moon. A small, two story building, with rooms on the second floor and a common area on the first. As Sam entered, a man stood up from a seat at a table and approached her. "Excuse me miss, are you with the party from Izzarra? The one that entered the city this morning?"

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1274 on: January 03, 2018, 06:04:19 pm »

Sam shook her head, not to say "no" but to try and clear her mind.

: "Huh? I mean, yes, I am."

Pages: 1 ... 83 84 [85] 86 87 ... 146