Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 146

Author Topic: FEF: Liberation of Izzarra IC Thread  (Read 106442 times)

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: Liberation of Izzarra IC Thread
« Reply #1245 on: December 30, 2017, 12:01:28 pm »

Serasha, uncharacteristically, did not begin to laugh or smile. Instead, she reached out and took Sharne's hand in her own, and gently patted it. "Of course dear. Now, come along." She pulled Sharne to the back room that Martyn had come out of, and was treated to nearly the same sight he had been. The main difference was that the table was bloody, and there was dark red powder scattered across half the table. She took a string of leather from a concealed pocket, and withdrew a knife. It was silver, inlaid with a small Ruby, and glinted even in the dim light of the room. She handed the string to Sharne. "Tie back your hair and kneel down. My price is your beautiful hair, and a single drop of blood."

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1246 on: December 30, 2017, 12:07:35 pm »

"Why my hair but his finger?" The question came out automatically as she began to the up her hair, thinking furiously. She had noticed the avoidance of Kaldach's fate and that worried her. But this woman could be wrong. She'd admitted as much when she said that nothing was guaranteed. So she could still save them both. And she would. She knelt down, closing her eyes. I will keep them both safe. Safe from the outside world and safe from themselves.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1247 on: December 30, 2017, 12:13:10 pm »

"Because I already have the finger, and you have better hair, dear." Serasha circled behind Sharne, and unceremoniously sliced away the lion's share of Sharne's hair. "Alright, it is done. Come over to the fireplace, I still need to prick your finger for the potion."

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1248 on: December 30, 2017, 12:15:50 pm »

Standing up, feeling the loss of the weight of her hair, Sharne moved over to the fireplace, but grabbed the old woman's arm. "You don't think I can save Kaldach. Why?" She needed the answer. Even if she was going to try anyways, she needed to know what she was going up against.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1249 on: December 30, 2017, 12:21:24 pm »

"You refer to the swordsman from Mordo.
I've never seen a darker fate in all my years. He will meet a violent end, of this I am certain. And there is nothing I can do to help him."
Serasha gently, but with surprising strength, pried Sharne's hand off of her arm, and held up the dagger. "Your first finger dear."

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1250 on: December 30, 2017, 12:23:59 pm »

She held out her hand, staring into the fire. "That damn sword... I'll save him from his fate. I swear it. Even if I die for it, he will be protected."

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1251 on: December 30, 2017, 12:28:40 pm »

The old witch shook her head as she gently pricked Sharne's finger, and squeezed a drop of blood into one of the pots above the fire. Immediately, it began to release a dark smoke. "Even if you could separate him from the sword, he is stained by Vissar. Your oath is doomed to failure."

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1252 on: December 30, 2017, 12:38:54 pm »

"Vissar? What do you mean? There must be something that I can do. I cannot fail this."

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1253 on: December 30, 2017, 12:55:06 pm »

"His doing is the source of all the devil blades. Your friend's link to them is nothing so superficial as the relationship between a swordsman and a blade. To separate the two would destroy him utterly. His destiny is blood and carnage. Protect him if you must, but know he will be lost to you, as sure as the sun sets." As the smoke from the pot dissipated, Serasha scooped up a measure of it and offered it to Sharne. "I'm sorry that this is all I can do for you. Now drink."

CrimsonEon

• Bay Watcher
  • Is that Blood Thine or the Enemy's?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1254 on: December 30, 2017, 05:58:07 pm »

: "Well, I know that when I was using them solo it would influence the way I fight. But thinking back to the last time I used it, I think it's..." Kaldach paused to scratch his head, "How to say it, I think it influences how I swing instead of who I swing at. If that makes sense. Say I try to attack an enemy. If it's unhappy, it decides to swing in such a way that it goes into my shoulder instead of my target. At least, that's how I make sense of what happened back at the border."
The mercenary shrugged again and reached around his back, unfastening the scabbard of the dark sword, pulling it off and lifting it in front of him, towards Esther.
: "You're welcome to try. Never seen these things do more than burn someone's hand for trying to touch it."

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1255 on: December 30, 2017, 09:01:30 pm »

Sharne stared at the woman for a long second and then shook her head. "You're wrong.... I'll save him." She took the potion and downed it in a single full, grimacing as she did. "If that is all you need... Thank you for your advice and your potion. I do not think our paths will cross again."

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1256 on: December 30, 2017, 09:10:11 pm »

"Perhaps not. But I wish you well." Serasha held the curtain aside for Sharne, allowing her to return to the main room of the shop. The old woman did not follow.

Lucus Casius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1257 on: December 30, 2017, 09:46:08 pm »

"..."

The revolutionary raised his unharmed hand, awkwardly patting the girl clinging to him on the back, until the curtain opened once more and revealed the newly-trimmed Sharne.  He gave her a nod, then let his hand drop.

"...Sam, that's enough.  I made my decision, and it's far less than what others have lost on lesser gambles.  We can discuss it at the inn, once we've resupplied."

Aliemma

• Bay Watcher
  • Rejecting reality and substituting my own.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1258 on: December 31, 2017, 07:57:38 pm »

Well, the fiery cavalier seemed to have gone through her booze, so it was somewhat safe to leave her alone... Hopefully... Farra looked around the streets for a minute, trying to find a quick route before turning to Liam.

"Well, hopefully finding a messenger shouldn't be too hard; though you're probably gonna need stationary and either way, it never hurts.
Ready to head back in the crowd?

She was a little tired, but markets always were able to keep her up, even if she was physically exhausted.

Gaterhyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1259 on: December 31, 2017, 08:36:14 pm »

Liam was skeptical about the possibility of leaving Roux alone - she didn't seem the type to find mail delivery exciting enough to tag along - but she seemed to have cleared her head a little by now. She could handle herself, and if she did want a fight, she would probably find one even if he tried to babysit her.

"Sure. Lead the way."
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 146