Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 146

Author Topic: FEF: Liberation of Izzarra IC Thread  (Read 106445 times)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: Liberation of Izzarra IC Thread
« Reply #1230 on: December 29, 2017, 09:36:42 pm »

Sam didn't hear Sharne; she was watching the doorway that Martyn had vanished through and was doing her best not to cry.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Lucus Casius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1231 on: December 29, 2017, 09:52:40 pm »

He looked up at her, up at the bottle.  Reached out to take it with his one good hand.  Then, after a moment's hesitation, he began to drink.

It didn't go down easy.  But he forced himself to swallow every last drop of the foul concoction before gasping, handing the glass back to her.

Martyn really hoped that this was worth it.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1232 on: December 29, 2017, 10:02:47 pm »

She accepted the glass in return, smiling that broken smile. "It's done then. You'll want to get some rest. These things take time, after all." She walked over to the curtain, and gestured out to the main room of the store. "Alright then, unless you're planning to actually buy something, you can be on your way. Unless you feel like explaining everything to the girl for me."

Lucus Casius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1233 on: December 29, 2017, 10:09:08 pm »

"...I'll pass.  Sharne can make her own choices, with whatever you choose to give her."

Martyn pushed himself up from the floor, wincing at the dull ache at his stump of a finger.  He stared at the empty space for a moment before sliding the hand beneath his cloak.  It would take some getting used to.  But if the potion did as she said...

Once more, he hoped it would be worth it.

The man stepped out from behind the curtain, pale and slightly pained.  And, as always, still determined.

"Bertholt.  Get a tome for Esther, and let's leave.  I'd rather not have to come back here if given the choice."
« Last Edit: December 29, 2017, 10:10:48 pm by Lucus Casius »

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1234 on: December 29, 2017, 10:16:22 pm »

Sam, seeing Martyn obviously still in distress, moved forward and threw her arms around the revolutionary and held him tight.

"Bert, do something! Can you regrow his finger, or anything...?"
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1235 on: December 29, 2017, 10:18:39 pm »

The old woman emerged from the back room, and approached Sharne. "Ah, yes. Welcome dear, your timing is impeccable. I am Serasha. What might your name be, hm?" Again, she was smiling with a mouth not full of teeth.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #1236 on: December 29, 2017, 10:22:06 pm »

Bertholt simply lowers his head, shaking it.
"I'm sorry. I wish I could help. The most I can do is soothe his pain and offer reassurance."
« Last Edit: December 29, 2017, 10:25:26 pm by IamanElfCollaborator »

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1237 on: December 29, 2017, 10:47:39 pm »

Sharne glanced worridly at Martyn. "I... My name is Sharne but... What did you do to Martyn, ma'am? Was there an accident or... Why did you want to see us?"

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1238 on: December 29, 2017, 10:58:55 pm »

"I offered him my help. He elected to pay the price. Don't worry, he'll be fine. Losing a finger isn't so terrible a thing." She chuckled, and it turned into a cough. After recovering, Serasha sniffed at the air. "...Are you drunk, girl? This is a time for self-reflection and careful decision. Are you addled?"

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #1239 on: December 29, 2017, 11:14:53 pm »

”A sword that doesn’t like to be used? That doesn’t make any sense... but then, a sword being able to want anything or liking a particular person is weird too. It doesn’t mess with your judgement or anything right?

...I sort of want to look at it and see if I can tell what kind of magic’s going on there, but it’s probably not gonna like that if what you say about it is true.”
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1240 on: December 30, 2017, 10:03:37 am »

"... I had a drink but I should be fine. Tell me what you wanted to see me about." The walk had helped her become more sober and the thought of losing a finger had helped even more. She was going to hear the old woman out and then turn around and leave.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1241 on: December 30, 2017, 11:32:37 am »

"Well enough then. I am a seer and a witch. My girl, your allies walk a dark road, and your fate is darker still. I am capable of changing your fate- at a minor price.
The revolutionary took my bargain, and I suggest you do as well."

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1242 on: December 30, 2017, 11:38:06 am »

"Ma'am, I know that my companions and I are walking down a dark road, but we've come this far. And I'm not sure that trading a finger for promises of a better path is worth it. What did you tell Martyn that made him listen to you?" That was the only thing keeping her here. Somehow, this woman had made giving up a finger worthwhile to her companion.... What had she said?

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1243 on: December 30, 2017, 11:49:57 am »

"I don't promise anything. All I can do is offer a chance. A different fate. As for your friend... I shared my sight with him. I showed him your fate. His fate. The fates of your fellows. The fates of those in this city... The fate of his home." Serasha looked into Sharne's eyes. "And he chose to accept my help, and my price. I offer to you a similar bargain. A different fate may give you the chance to fulfill your oath... Nothing is guaranteed, not even failure as you are. But I think the girl would be safer if you were to accept my deal. And I think you can sense as much yourself."

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1244 on: December 30, 2017, 11:52:22 am »

Sharne stared at the woman for a long second and then finally snapped, "Fine. Do it. Whatever you need to do just m.. Do it. For her and for him. I have two oaths I mean to see to completion, not just the one."
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 146