Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 ... 146

Author Topic: FEF: Liberation of Izzarra IC Thread  (Read 106450 times)

Lucus Casius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: Liberation of Izzarra IC Thread
« Reply #1185 on: December 28, 2017, 03:37:47 pm »

"You seem to know much about me, as it is, if it's enough to request me and recognize me at a sound.  Forgive me if I seem rude, but it's strange that my name isn't one of them."

Martyn glanced to Sam before answering, and turning once more to Serasha.  He watched the old woman, watched the blind eyes following him as he moved through the shop.  There was something strange in them, he thought.  And perhaps a little unnerving.

"But I am Martyn, if it's my name you wish.  A revolutionary, as you say.  May I ask why you called me here?"

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1186 on: December 28, 2017, 03:53:27 pm »

"I brought you here," Serasha began, leaning her broom against a wall. "To offer a trade. One good for my service. I am a witch, you see. A soothesayer and potion maker. And for weeks, I have seen you and your band. The fog of your fates swirls around me even now." She coughed, and pointed a finger at Martyn. "Three among your number have fates darker than most. It speaks to deep sadness and hardship. Not just in your past, but going forward." She smiled, baring what few teeth remained. "Fate is of course, maleable. Even without my help, it may change." The way she emphasized 'may' seemed to suggest that she didn't think it would. "But I possess both the knowledge and skills to reshape your fate. Though I can guarantee nothing,
I think you know, deep in the pit of your soul, that you must grasp any chance offered to you. That is, if you wish to defeat your enemies. I ask but one, tiny token in exchange for the momentous chance I offer."

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #1187 on: December 28, 2017, 04:00:29 pm »

Bertholt remains silent at the mention of sadness and hardship in their fates, a pensive expression crossing his face.

Lucus Casius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1188 on: December 28, 2017, 04:15:00 pm »

Martyn remains silent for a long while, closing his eyes at the talk of fates and chance.  No expression crossed his face as he mulled over the words and their meaning.  The risks, and the road before him.  The harshness of fate...

He wasn't sure he believed in it.  Not really.  But the path ahead for the resistance was long and dark, and the oppression of Mordo weighed more heavily upon the people of Izzarra than ever.  If this wasn't a trick or a trap, and if her sorcery could help his people...

"What is this price you ask of me?"

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1189 on: December 28, 2017, 04:34:07 pm »

Sam stared suspiciously at the old witch. She wasn't sure she liked this at all.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1190 on: December 28, 2017, 05:15:50 pm »

The old woman's smile widened, if that was even possible. "My price is the ring finger of your left hand. And don't worry, I will seal the wound."

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1191 on: December 28, 2017, 05:31:32 pm »

Sam reflexively grabbed Martyn's hand.

: "That's horrible! Even assuming we believe what you say, couldn't we just pay you with gold or something?"
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1192 on: December 28, 2017, 05:34:36 pm »

Serasha chuckled darkly. "When I'm in need of gold, I sell my books dear child. Your friend needs something I have, and he has something I want. It is simple business."

Lucus Casius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1193 on: December 28, 2017, 05:35:01 pm »

"...It's a small price for what she offers, if what she says is true."

He eyes her, hand clutched by Sam, coolly appraising the old woman.

"What do you intend to do with it?  A witch wouldn't ask for a finger if they didn't have a plan for it in mind."

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1194 on: December 28, 2017, 05:39:09 pm »

"My business is mine. Rest assured, once I have your finger and you have the elixir I shall make for you, our business will be at an end."

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1195 on: December 28, 2017, 05:42:35 pm »

Bertholt's mouth curls into a light frown.
"Be careful about this, Martyn. Simply because she says her business with us is over, does not mean whatever happens afterwards will not come back to haunt you."

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1196 on: December 28, 2017, 05:53:56 pm »

"Do you name me a liar, boy?" Serasha turned her head to place a pale eye upon Bertholt. "Whence you leave my humble shop, that will be the end. No hex, no control, no haunting. If you're willing to embrace your fate as it lies, you may leave. Otherwise..." Serasha turned to the rear of her shop, and pulled aside a curtain obscuring a doorway, and waited.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1197 on: December 28, 2017, 05:57:17 pm »

"I do not mean to impugn your honor. But, if you really are sure this will not return to haunt my friends, then as much as I would prefer he not mutilate himself, I will leave it in his hands."

Lucus Casius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1198 on: December 28, 2017, 06:05:12 pm »

"..."

Martyn slips his hand out of Sam's grip, rubbing the ring finger with his free hand.

"You say you'll change my fate.  You don't say how.  And you've never said what, exactly, that will mean.  Or what, precisely, will change."

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1199 on: December 28, 2017, 06:15:05 pm »

Serasha released the curtain and turned back to Martyn. "Even I am not privy to what will happen. I do not even guarantee that it will change for the better. All I can tell you is that your fate will change. The changes will be subtle, at first. When you next enter battle, the full manifestation should be apparent to you." 
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 ... 146