Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 146

Author Topic: FEF: Liberation of Izzarra IC Thread  (Read 106451 times)

Lucus Casius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: Liberation of Izzarra IC Thread
« Reply #1200 on: December 28, 2017, 06:22:38 pm »

...This was foolish.  Utterly foolish.  And yet...

"...Then tell me, uncertain or not.  Are these changes likely to enable me to better provide for the future of my nation?  More than if I leave things as they are?"

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1201 on: December 28, 2017, 06:27:56 pm »

Roux rose to her feet, her armour and bearskin giving the woman presence. She downed the fifth red hammer, then threw the mug on the floor.
"Mebbe- mebbe 'e is, the dumbass, but why should I care?!" she roared. "What, some bugger is nice coupla times, 'elped me ma?! Why should I care iffn 'e's tryin' to get 'is 'andsome ass killed?! I ain't cared for no-one before!"
"Why th' 'ell should I start now?!"

"...Did you actually let Sharne run off after she introduced Roux to fruit hammers?"
"Nah, these 'ammers ain't- they ain't shit, 'lright. Ain't even feelin' them."
She took a step forward, stumbled slightly, swayed tremendously for a moment, then stabilised.
"See. Ain't no thin'."
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1202 on: December 28, 2017, 06:28:39 pm »

Sam threw a shocked look in Martyn's direction.

: "You...you're not considering this, are you? We have a plan to free our home! We haven't even talked to Yarun's father yet to see how things are going! And you're going to...to...mutilate yourself on some vague throw of the dice?"
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1203 on: December 28, 2017, 06:29:35 pm »

"Your future appears dim in my sight. It is unlikely that you can fulfill your dreams as you are. I offer a chance."

At the bar, the bartender tapped Roux's pauldron. "Uh, miss? I'll need you to pay for your drinks now."

Aliemma

• Bay Watcher
  • Rejecting reality and substituting my own.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1204 on: December 28, 2017, 06:43:39 pm »

Farra, concerned as she was for her drunken friends, couldn't help but stifle a laugh. Bertholt? Handsome? Sure, he wasn't an ugly guy, maybe not her type, but out of Roux's mouth? In theory, she could've misheard through a combination of Roux's heightened accent and the slurring, but she doubted that option.

Nonetheless, Farra did have to figure out this whole situation. She went to pick the mug up from the floor, lest Roux try and fall on her face.

"I... See. Do you even have the money for..." Farra sighed and stopped herself from continuing, searching through her personal coin pouch to see how much she had left.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1205 on: December 28, 2017, 06:55:36 pm »

She turned to glare at the bartender. She clenched a fist as she internally considered paying the Chilcinnean way.
Fortunately, Farra's interjection saved the innocent man from Roux's misaimed anger and the party in general a lot of trouble.

"Course- course I c'n pay, dumbass."
She fumbled a disparate bunch of coins out from her coinpurse, cursing when one of them dropped to the ground. She slammed them down on the bar.
"There! Any- any problems, yer can talk to-"
She paused to think of something suitably insulting to say and came up empty. After a moment she shrugged.
"-to my ass or summin'. I dunno."
She glanced at her erstwhile companions.
"Come on. I needda get some air or summin'."
She unsteadily stomped her way towards the door.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Lucus Casius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1206 on: December 28, 2017, 07:05:53 pm »

"...No.  I'm not."

"There is nothing I wouldn't do to help my people.  But you have given me nothing more than vague hints and suppositions, and demanded something that, while of small significance, may be directed towards an ill end of which I have no foreknowledge.  Perhaps if I had reason to believe you, I might do so.  Perhaps if I were more desperate, I would do so.
 But unless you can show me either, then it would be a disservice to my nation to mutilate myself for your certain benefit and my uncertain and unlikely gain.  So unless you have anything left to tell me or show me to change my mind..."

Martyn began to turn away.

Gaterhyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1207 on: December 28, 2017, 07:06:18 pm »

Liam made sure Roux wasn't looking, then pinched the bridge of his nose before glancing at Farra. He had a headache and he hadn't even had a drink.

"Right. Thanks for that."

"I think we'd best not let her out of our sight."

Having said so, he followed Roux in the general direction of out.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1208 on: December 28, 2017, 07:15:24 pm »

Serasha scowled and tottered toward Martyn. "Foolish boy. Very well, you wish to see, do you? Then see you shall." The old woman barely came up above his waist, and she held a four fingered hand toward him. "Kneel down and be silent. I can't reach all that way up there at my age."

Aliemma

• Bay Watcher
  • Rejecting reality and substituting my own.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1209 on: December 28, 2017, 07:17:44 pm »

So much for taking a break from the market.

"Agreed... I'll see if I can find a messenger on the path she wanders, but... Farra could only turn to the bartender and mouth out a "Sorry", leave him a couple coins as a tip and head out, following Roux to... Somewhere.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #1210 on: December 28, 2017, 07:17:53 pm »

Kaldach leaned quietly in the shade, watching passers-by until the inevitable next fight. His uncovered eye scanned the layout of the city, wondering to himself what it would look like in battle. His reverie was subsequently interrupted as he heard a voice from the direction his covered eye would ideally be able to watch.
: "Huh?" The mercenary turned, quickly finding Esther as the owner of the voice, "Oh, Esther. Yeah sure. Seems you're doing alright, all things considered."

"Why wouldn't I... actually, fair enough." she interrupted her own question - it was entirely fair to expect her to be less cheery. "I don't see a point in worrying about things right now - it's gonna be a while before we can talk to that guy and make progress. Actually, that reminds me of what I was going to ask - How're you holding up? We haven't talked in a bit, so I was wondering."
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Lucus Casius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1211 on: December 28, 2017, 07:30:02 pm »

Martyn stared at her in response, inches from reaching the door.  But he still lowered his hand after a long silence, turning away from the exit, giving her a single nod.

He was at least willing to give her one last chance, unlikely as it seemed.

And so he knelt, awaiting... whatever she had to show him.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1212 on: December 28, 2017, 07:41:50 pm »

Serasha closed her own eyes, and placed her hand on Martyn's head, pressing her thumb against his forehead. To Sam and Bertholt, there appeared to be nothing beyond that.

Martyn was thrust into a world of mist and shadow. He could see all the members of the group. Most of them were wreathed in deep gray smoke, but Sharne and himself were covered in a black fog. Kaldach's form was also steeped in darkness, occasionally lit by pockets of deep crimson lightning. The world stretched away in every direction, rolling vistas of pale purple mist.

"These visions come to me. But they will pass me when you leave here, for I will have done all that I need and can do. Whether or not you want my help is for you to decide. Is this enough to convince you?" Serasha's form within this space was ghostly, thin and pale, and semi translucent. Martyn was not capable of seeing any clouds around her.

Lucus Casius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1213 on: December 28, 2017, 07:44:38 pm »

"...Show me more."

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1214 on: December 28, 2017, 07:54:03 pm »

"Hmph." The forms of the group melted away, and were replaced by a throng of forms. There were some with mists of fate not unlike that clinging to Martyn and the others, but almost all were much, much brighter, and far in the distance there was a light to equal the sun.

Before long, Martyn was able to discern what it was he was looking at, but Serasha confirmed it. "These are the souls within the city of Salamandra. Do you see now, the depths in which you and your fellows swim?" The vision receded, and was replaced with a sea of darkness. "And this... This is your home. It would take a truly wondrous fate, and great skill, to pull Izzarra from this darkness. That is what you want, is it not? Do you think you can, with your own fate?" The landscape fell away, and Martyn saw his own form return. "Fate is impossible to pin down. It is, as you see, a fog." She swept a hand through the phantom Martyn's fog, causing it to wisp away before violently returning, just as dark as before. "I can't tell you that what I give you will help you. But it may help you. And that chance is more than you have now. Do you understand?"
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 146