Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 146

Author Topic: FEF: Liberation of Izzarra IC Thread  (Read 106454 times)

Gaterhyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: Liberation of Izzarra IC Thread
« Reply #1155 on: December 26, 2017, 10:00:04 pm »

"Let's see if we can find what you had in mind for Esther."

Go forth and seek scary dark magic for the probably-not-so-scary dark magician girl.

Lucus Casius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1156 on: December 26, 2017, 10:03:51 pm »

"Now that you mention it..."

"I don't recall you being able to use it on more than one person, before.  More recently, it doesn't appear to be so limited in that way.  Perhaps the singing has something to do with it?"

The cloaked man shrugged.

"Sadly, I don't have much understanding of magic, either.  So I couldn't say for sure."

"Speaking of... We should probably look for a shop selling dark magic tomes, now.  I don't think Esther is focused on...  Well, important matters, at the moment."

More likely, her mind was in the gutter and her eyes were decidedly below the horizon.  Likely not even below waist level, truth be told, so long as she was following at least a few feet behind Sharne.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1157 on: December 26, 2017, 10:28:42 pm »

Liam and Bertholt had difficulty in finding a dark magic shop. Eventually, after asking a couple of the other vendors where they could find dark magic tomes, they were directed several streets away to a small, squat building, where they were to descend into a cellar.

At the bottom of the stairs down was a dark, low ceilinged room. The only light came in through windows near the ceiling on either side of the room. It was lined with bookshelves weighted with heavy, chained down tomes. Though the shelves were not high, about chest level for the two men, they nonetheless concealed the proprietor until she rounded the corner. An old crone shuffled toward the two with a broom. "Ah, customers. browse as you like, I'm just tidying up." A few wisps of white hair protruded from her dark grey shawl as she busied herself. Unfortunately, her efforts seemed mostly to spread the dust around rather than actually clean anything.

Gaterhyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1158 on: December 26, 2017, 10:55:09 pm »

Liam considered the tomes for a moment, then gave a small shrug not directed towards anyone in particular. Bertholt probably knew which book he'd had in mind, and it wasn't as if he could help find it.

"Would you like some help with the cleaning?"

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #1159 on: December 26, 2017, 10:56:23 pm »

"If you’d allow us. It is the least we could do.”

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1160 on: December 26, 2017, 11:01:02 pm »

The old woman shook her head, sweeping her way toward Liam. "No, no, I can handle this myself." Her left hand snapped off of the broom and gripped Liam's wrist. Her grip was like a vice, despite her missing her ring finger. "But there is something you can do for me, if you wish. Bring me your revolutionary, and the bodyguard from the sands. I have reason to speak with them both." For the first time, the lady met Liam's eyes, and smiled at him. It would have been a toothy smile but most of hers were missing, and her eyes were milky and unfocused. "Once you're done looking around, of course. And sooner is better- don't go putting it off now." The old woman released her iron grip on Liam, and returned to sweeping.

Gaterhyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1161 on: December 26, 2017, 11:06:14 pm »

"...Huh." Liam glanced at Bertholt, tilting his head towards the door before starting to make a slightly less than leisurely exit.

"I'll, uh, be back once I find the two of them then."

He'd probably need a bathroom, too.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #1162 on: December 27, 2017, 08:06:31 am »

Bertholt simply smiles, the old woman's surprising strength shaking him not at all.
"Hurry back. Keeping a lady waiting would be rude."
With that, he begins examining the wares.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1163 on: December 27, 2017, 05:49:57 pm »

"We ain't friends or nothin'!"
"Someone like me an' 'im..."
"Ain't no way."
"I ain't never 'ad that kinda life. Dunno iffn I'd be able to give all that crap up like 'e did, jus' for some strangers. 'S all I'm sayin'."
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1164 on: December 27, 2017, 05:54:38 pm »

"So only reason you aren't getting with him is cause you don't want to live in an abby?  Well he seems to have left it... Just sayin. Course, if you don't like him, all that don't matter."

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1165 on: December 27, 2017, 06:58:56 pm »

Sam laughed, feeling somewhat embarrassed. She had a feeling she knew what Martyn meant about Esther.

: "While that's probably a good idea, I have no idea what sort of tome Esther would find useful. Other than a dark one, I guess. Do you know a lot about tomes?"
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1166 on: December 27, 2017, 07:19:34 pm »

Roux's eyebrow quirked in annoyance as the desert-woman seemed to get the wrong message entirely.
"That ain't what I'm sayin', dumbass!"
The horse-thief scowled, and downed the final cup.
"'E's a fancy noble, an' a priest. An' I'm some Chilcinnean bandit's bastard. An 'orse thief. We're like..."
She looked down into the empty cup as she searched for a metaphor.
"Like oil an' water, right? We don't mix right."

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1167 on: December 27, 2017, 07:25:05 pm »

"Sssoooo it's cause yet different. S'pose that makes sense. Can't... Can't get with 'im if there's too much 'tween. Like me and Esther. She's all about me but I've just gotta keep 'er alive, yknow?"

Sharne's speech was becoming much less formal and she.was a little less stiff than before too. The red fruit hammer seemed to have hit her harder than it was hitting Roux so far at least.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1168 on: December 27, 2017, 07:39:30 pm »

Was Roux's accent getting thicker with the alcohol... or was she always like that? No man can truly know.

"What's between you an' Esther, any'ow? Yer got yer oath, but unless yer like a priest -" Wait, no, priests didn't take those according to Bertholt, or something like that - "Ok, mebbe not a priest, but a euna- eunu- one of them guys with their nuts chopped off, don''t see why that's stoppin' yer."
"Oi! Barkeep! Gimmie another for me an' me mate!"

Gaterhyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1169 on: December 27, 2017, 07:41:43 pm »

After a few false starts, Liam eventually found Martyn and Sam inside a music shop.

"Martyn - something happened in one of the magic shops," he said, looking somewhat apologetic at interrupting. "It's over that way, in a cellar. The shopkeep wanted to see you and Sharne. Think it's best if you check it out."

He made it halfway out the door before turning about again.

"You know if Sharne's still finding drinks with Roux?"
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 146