Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 108 109 [110] 111 112 ... 285

Author Topic: Tengoku no Owari SI IC: Yuki Is (Not) Fine  (Read 223320 times)

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Tengoku no Owari SI IC - Neon Weeknd Evangelion
« Reply #1635 on: April 24, 2018, 06:27:59 am »

Spoiler: Rolls (click to show/hide)
[Now Playing: Sword of Doom]

It was a peculiar thing, a ghostly syringe, shimmering with pale light. Spirit energy, trapped, compressed, the prisoner their own jailor. An injector. A power boost of sorts. Time was of the essence. She'll have to made do with two. Taking a single stride forwards, Satoshi's weapon explodes into a great pillar of force, the girl launching forwards towards her target, towards her protectorates upon wings of crimson.

It unfurls, a red carpet for the bombarded lovebirds, the scarf snapping around them, tightening, constricting. She wait until the last possible moment, until she could feel the pull and feedback of the fabric, her movement beginning to decelerate, decelerate fast. Second injector goes into the Regalia. Another pillar of force, another launch. Her first was low, horizontal almost, speed was paramount. Here? Here she didn't care as much, just needed to avoid the shelling. This time, she launches high, delivery trailing behind her.

The smoldering titan swings its cannon to bear, and then comes the shockwave, the echoing crack of a whip compressed into a blind razor, tearing through the air. It had no choice but to teleport. A bullet was waiting for it, a bullet crashing into it, into the blade of its arm, the arm it just drove towards it. Now both arms were gone. Not ideal, but better to lose an arm than to be destroyed utterly. Pity that was never the choice.

Even as the round detonated, the very wind turned against them, lances tearing through its chest, into the confines within. There would be no impalement, no puncturing, no, there would be no need for more wounds, Noriko had no need for them. She simply required an entry point, and given the sordid state of the Weeknd, there were plenty of them. Embolism doesn't even begin to describe it, the blast rips open their chest cavity and cracks open their skull. Grey matter splatter across the cockpit, arterial blood gushes anew. But still, somehow, the construct clings to life, form all but broken, but still somehow twitching, moving. Pointless, it could resist no longer. A fist slams through. Through the cockpit, though their ruined chest. Reaching within, closing around it, their core, Heaven's Draft. Yoake tears it free. She's gone before the blood even finishes scattering.

Weeknd Alter is no more.

The construct fades into naught. The titan collapses into light. The heavens it occupies shatters to pieces.

You are now all standing some distance away from the mansion neath blue skies amidst the wreckage of a train and its garrison. All resistance has been crushed, and soon, the same fate shall befall those left within the Sanctuary.

"Excellent work. The mansion is secured, as is Heaven's Draft."
"Get some rest but not too much. We'll need to breach that Sanctuary soon enough, the longer we wait, the longer they'll have to prepare."

Spoiler: Level Up! (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Notes (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 24, 2018, 06:39:53 am by Empiricist »
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1636 on: April 24, 2018, 07:06:59 am »

"You going to send someone over to pick it up, or do we just hold onto it till we get back?" Shef inquired of the AIs. Depending on how much security they wanted for the Heaven's Draft, there might be a pick up with one specific person, with a codeword or something, or they might simply just ask for it to be handed to Satoshi. Impossible to guess, since it had apparently been used as a drink coaster by one of their own members, and somehow stolen.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2018, 07:08:56 am by Strider03 »
Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.
And by God, was she going to use it.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
  • coming to you live from the action
    • View Profile
« Reply #1637 on: April 24, 2018, 07:29:08 am »

Yoake crosses her arms, placing them on Shef's shoulder. She has an incredibly smug grin on her face, due to Heaven's Draft, held in her hand inches away from Shef's face.

"Come on Shef, It's in safe hands! Nobody is gonna grab this while Yoake's on the job."
Quote from: Sergarr
When in doubt, use puns.
Quote from: Calidovi
in our own special way we are all shitpost
each day, when the sun shines and greets us with a smile, at least one of us finds that inner strength to spout bullshit on a forum revolving around the systemized slaughter of midgets
dont call me a shitposter, call me a spirit one with the shitpost atman
Quote from: Descan
that's pretty gay

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1638 on: April 24, 2018, 11:52:41 am »

Shef shrugged one shoulder, surveying the cratered and debris covered lawn. "Oh, I don't doubt that Yoake. But, do you really want to just carry that thing around during an assault on the sanctuary? In fact--" Shef turned his head and glanced Yoake up and down, "You don't even have pockets, right?"

He turned back to the carnage again. "Anyway, you did good out there. But what happened to your ride, thought you were going to pick me up?"
« Last Edit: April 24, 2018, 07:18:35 pm by Strider03 »
Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #1639 on: April 24, 2018, 11:56:51 am »

Faith stayed still for a moment — was the fight over? She wasn’t being horribly crushed anymore, and she’d been wrapped up and swept aside anyway... Plus Faith was pretty sure Yuki had healed her, because everything didn’t hurt anymore. Still, just to catch her breath and try to figure out what the hell condirion she was in after being flung and smashed and dizzied and...

...oh, yeah, there was still someone rather heavy on top of her, pressing her into the ground. ”Minato...” Faith ventured, ”...you’re crushing me...”

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #1640 on: April 24, 2018, 12:33:34 pm »

"Well, that happened, Noriko said simply, taking a moment to catch her breath. She'd had a fairly easy time of things, at least in regard to the others, but she felt a wave of exhaustion creeping up on her. She'd sort of gone completely ham for a bit there, throwing around powers she wasn't actually aware she had (though the mass spear bit was definitely convenient,) and it was unlikely she'd be able to pull it off again in the next week, let alone whenever they ended up assaulting the sanctuary. She glanced at Minato and Faith's predicament, and briefly considered making a quip in their direction before electing to just stay quiet.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #1641 on: April 24, 2018, 02:26:30 pm »

Minato grunts as he pulls himself off of Faith, staggering to his feet before he offers her a hand up.
"Sorry 'bout that. It was the best I could think of to get you out the way. Least you aren't dead, right?"

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1642 on: April 24, 2018, 05:21:19 pm »

Faith groaned herself as she took Minato’s hand and got to her feet — she wasn’t in the condition she’d been in a couple seconds earlier, but she was still a little bit beat up. ”Oof... yeah, it really could have gone worse...” Faith winced at that — she didn’t like the mental image of what would have happened without Yuki and Minato.

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
  • coming to you live from the action
    • View Profile
« Reply #1643 on: April 24, 2018, 06:48:47 pm »

Yoake steps back, cheeks puffing up in frustration.

"W-Well, I got held up! They wrecked my car! I mean, it's not like I don't have plenty to spare but that was one of my favorites."

She pouts.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2018, 11:23:14 pm by spümpkin »
Quote from: Sergarr
When in doubt, use puns.
Quote from: Calidovi
in our own special way we are all shitpost
each day, when the sun shines and greets us with a smile, at least one of us finds that inner strength to spout bullshit on a forum revolving around the systemized slaughter of midgets
dont call me a shitposter, call me a spirit one with the shitpost atman
Quote from: Descan
that's pretty gay

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1644 on: April 24, 2018, 07:32:33 pm »

"Huh."His tone didn't be tray much sympathy, but Shef gave her a small pat on the back before continuing. "Gonna happen if you take it on missions, you know." He knew that the response would probably be something along the lines of, "why have cool cars if you can't take them on missions", so he continued.

"Should probably see about armoring them? Get someone to install plating and reinforce the frame. Normally that'd add about. . .five hundred kilos for the ballistic plating and glass, probably somewhat impair the handling, decrease fuel efficiency. But with awakened stuff, it's probably feasible to do it while keeping it all fast. Maybe get someone like Tsukasa to help out when you repair it, or when you build a new one? Winter and Enn can probably recommend someone too, if there's people better suited."
« Last Edit: April 24, 2018, 07:34:50 pm by Strider03 »

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1645 on: April 25, 2018, 06:34:13 am »

Shef
"Elly is en route and will be arriving within the hour."

Noriko
"And so it did." Satoshi grins. "Told you you'll get used to it, now you'll just need to work on smiling more~"
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1646 on: April 25, 2018, 01:42:17 pm »

As Shef speaks about Tsukasa, the sound of a motorcycle's engine seems to be approaching. Indeed, if thye look any closer, they'd find that, yes, the lady on the bike with the weird shirt that for some reason exposes almost everything but her chest is indeed Tsukasa, aviator goggles, helmet and all, with what appears to be a box akin to those used by deliverymen to transport goods on bikes.

She skids to a stop nearby, parking her bike near one of the pieces of debris, taking off her helmet and shaking her hair out as she does to get it loose as she props up the kickstand.
"Came as soon as I could. Alarms went off from the sensors installed into Minato's suit- which, by the way, Minato, you might want to consider NEXT time you stuff your face into your lady friend's bountiful bosom, it messes with the sensors a little bit- and I decided I'd help out on the field for once. It's nice to get out of the house, and of course, get to see the real eye candy, hm?"
Shef doesn't even need to look to know that last part was aimed at him.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2018, 01:45:54 pm by IamanElfCollaborator »

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #1647 on: April 25, 2018, 02:27:28 pm »

Noriko gave Satoshi an indescribable look before shaking her head slightly. She wasn't entirely certain how to respond to that. Smiling more, well, pardon her for not smiling when life and limb are on the line. Fortunately or unfortunately, a distraction in the form of a rather overexposed individual appeared, causing Noriko to momentarily look a bit too hard and then glance away too quickly. The talk of faces being stuffed into bosoms did little to assist her predicament. "I'm not sure that being a couple seconds from dying messily is something I ever want to be used to," she finally said.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1648 on: April 25, 2018, 04:12:16 pm »

Faith's eyebrows raised as Tsukasa came onto the scene out of nowhere, but when the box-carrying, skin-baring woman actually spoke, her eyebrows abruptly reversed direction to set downwards, the suddenly-embarrassed buxom blonde flushing red and crossing her arms over her chest. "Come on!" Faith protested -- she really didn't like it when people made a big deal out of this. Everyone could see they were big, so why tease her with it? ...especially because there really hadn't been anything sexual to having Minato be her human shield, either. Actually, it'd really been painful.

So, overall, that comment had actually been enough to ensure that a scarlet-faced Faith was glaring daggers at Tsukasa.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1649 on: April 25, 2018, 04:28:14 pm »

Minato groans audibly through his helmet. Tsukasa seems blissfully oblivious to Faith, for the moment, as she strolls over to the wreckage, setting down her box and opening it up to grab some tools.
"Tsukasa. Seriously? Bad time."
"Just saying, Minato, be a little less reckless with the Gaia Armor, otherwise you'll get you and her hurt because some Aramitama used you as a club to smack her around like a pinata. The rate you're using yourself as her human shield, I'll have to install airbags and cushions for her next time. Try to make more use of your Regalia Replication."
« Last Edit: April 25, 2018, 04:29:56 pm by IamanElfCollaborator »
Pages: 1 ... 108 109 [110] 111 112 ... 285