Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 109 110 [111] 112 113 ... 285

Author Topic: Tengoku no Owari SI IC: Yuki Is (Not) Fine  (Read 223327 times)

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Tengoku no Owari SI IC - Neon Weeknd Evangelion
« Reply #1650 on: April 25, 2018, 08:42:47 pm »

Noriko
"Aww don't be like that, it's not that dangerous! Relax a little, you'll just stress yourself out if you worry so much."
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #1651 on: April 25, 2018, 09:03:31 pm »

Yuki did not say anything at the moment. That said, after Faith's reaction, she was shooting a death glare at Tsukasa. Judging from her expression, she was... less than enthused. Even if she didn't particularly see anything offensive, Faith did, so...
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
  • coming to you live from the action
    • View Profile
« Reply #1652 on: April 25, 2018, 10:33:33 pm »

Yoake shrugs.

"Come on, I don't care that much." Yoake stretches, taking a seat wherever she can. "Man, that was soooo boring! I can't wait to get back to my dojo."

Quote from: Sergarr
When in doubt, use puns.
Quote from: Calidovi
in our own special way we are all shitpost
each day, when the sun shines and greets us with a smile, at least one of us finds that inner strength to spout bullshit on a forum revolving around the systemized slaughter of midgets
dont call me a shitposter, call me a spirit one with the shitpost atman
Quote from: Descan
that's pretty gay

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1653 on: April 26, 2018, 06:23:29 am »

Speak of the devil. . . was the first thing that shot through Shef's mind when Tsukasa arrived. After his first observation of who rode the motorcycle was, he turned away. No making eye contact. But even without that, his expression twitched with irritation at her words. Had she no subtlety? How could she be so obvious about it and expect that strategy to work? She was either inexperienced or incompetent at this, but that didn't make it less worrying.

Careful not to provide acknowledgement, Shef continued his conversation with Yoake. "Well, we've still got another battle on our hands. Actually take down the Aramitama and all that. And we'll be taking a brief break, I'm guessing. If you're bored, maybe you should try to teach some of the inhabitants Keijo or something. I don't know." Yoake being bored was not uncommon, but Shef had no lack of faith in her ability to do stuff to overcome that boredom. No faith that her actions wouldn't cause mayhem, but he was definitely confident in her ability to find entertainment.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2018, 10:50:40 am by Strider03 »
Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.
And by God, was she going to use it.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #1654 on: April 26, 2018, 02:23:21 pm »

Karen, for the most part, is seething in the background, hate almost coalescing off of her. Towards what, it's not quite clear if it's Yoake, their fallen foes, Noriko or anything in particular, but it's almost palpable.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #1655 on: April 26, 2018, 04:11:12 pm »

"Someone has to take this seriously." It wasn't like it was her fault that there was so much to worry about, and so few people that actually seemed concerned. Minato was more worried about his heroics for Faith than anything, Faith. . . actually seemed concerned, but was also far too prone to shutting down when needed, Yuki didn't seem physically capable of being concerned about things, Yoake was batshit insane, and Shef was probably more worried about the Mafia killing him in his sleep or something. So, as always, it was up to her. "This could have been really, really bad, and not just for us." She glanced back at Karen, who seemed ambiguously murderous; however, she didn't seem to have anything in mind, so Noriko largely ignored her.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #1656 on: April 26, 2018, 04:11:26 pm »

Tsukasa saying her point a bit more seriously seemed to calm Faith down somewhat, and her glare softened, but her face was still a bit red. ”Well... yeah... she’s right about that, I think. But she SHOULD have put it that way in the first place.” Yyyep, the glare and blush had softened, but not disappeared.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1657 on: April 26, 2018, 04:47:13 pm »

Minato looks over at Noriko. The argument they had was still lingering in his memory, and Minato felt far guiltier about it than he'd honestly felt comfortable acknowledging. But then, guilt wasn't exactly comfortable to acknowledge, was it?
"I'll just be a second, Faith."
He looks over at Faith to check her for a moment, make sure she was okay, before strolling over to his friend. It wasn't enough to make up for years of not asking, but Minato had to try, at least.
"Hey, Noriko. You holding up alright? You were in the thick of that fight, thought you might've taken a few scratches."
« Last Edit: April 26, 2018, 04:49:46 pm by IamanElfCollaborator »

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1658 on: April 26, 2018, 07:33:47 pm »

Noriko
"Those aren't mutually exclusive y'know. You can be serious but not completely on edge, everything's not life and death all the time."

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #1659 on: April 27, 2018, 02:06:03 am »

"Right..."
Well, off went Minato, and Tsukasa didn't seem to have any interest in responding to her (or in apologizing) so Faith decided she'd head on over to her sister.
"Hey, Yuki, if it wouldn't tire you out, could you get me with a little bit of healing? I think I'm still bruised up..."

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1660 on: April 27, 2018, 07:07:10 am »

Shef activated his mic, calling in to the AIs. "Hey Enn, is Elly bringing a truck or anything? It'd be useful if she could grab a missile and laser turret for later investigation." Shef She pulled out his phone as he continued to speak. "I'm a little confused by them. They didn't have a proximity fuse, lucky for us, but when the tracking system was taken out, they plowed into the ground without detonating, implying no impact fuse."

Meanwhile on his phone, Shef composed the following message, ready to cover it if he felt someone watching.
If you determine the targeting mechanism, I trust that information will be only available on need to know basis, and not given to the indiscrete.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2018, 04:58:31 pm by Strider03 »
Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #1661 on: April 27, 2018, 06:05:13 pm »

"I took a few hits, but one of those potions fixed everything up. It was like a video game, honestly." So he was concerned about someone other than Faith. Now, to get him to actually show some regard for himself. .  . That, or he'd somehow picked up mind-reading without her knowing. At this point it wouldn't be too shocking, though the only worse power for him to develop would be invisibility. She almost shuddered at the thought.

Once Minato's concern was sated, she turned back to Satoshi. "Who said I was on edge? All I'm doing is treating superweapons with the amount of concern they deserve."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1662 on: April 27, 2018, 06:24:30 pm »

"Yeah? Well, after your fourth or so superweapon, you kinda learn to relax a little, have some fun. You have a job to do, it won't do you good to stress out about it. And besides, these things might've been superweapons, but you obliterated them pretty handily. So handily it's going to take me a bit to actually figure out WHAT these things are, especially without my lab equipment. Give me a minute."
Tsukasa grunts as she crouches by one of the destroyed carriages and begins her analysis, rooting around in her bag for various gadgets and doodads.

Minato shrugs at Tsukasa's comment.
"She's got a point. This isn't even remotely the first superweapon I've had to help trash. It loses the edge a little once you run into the third chemical weapons lab disguised as a host club. It gets a little easier, once you know what to expect."
« Last Edit: April 27, 2018, 06:28:34 pm by IamanElfCollaborator »

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1663 on: April 27, 2018, 07:45:04 pm »

Shef
"That's Tsukasa's job, not Elly's. Targeting priorities of discovered will be disclosed, it's important tactical information."

Noriko
"What was that about being seconds from death again? Anyway, it may be a superweapon, but don't forget it needs people to work and a mansion like this doesn't that many people. So don't sweat it, I'm sure the AI will take care of you. Y'know when they're not being too kissy kissy~"
"H-hey! W-we're not that unprofessional!"
« Last Edit: April 27, 2018, 07:48:11 pm by Empiricist »

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1664 on: April 27, 2018, 08:50:41 pm »

God damn it. Sure it made sense to discuss it before moving into the sanctuary, but from what Tsukasa had done so far, it seemed likely that she'd reveal it in the most annoying way possible. And really, he'd more wanted to take a look at one of the missiles himself, but. . . whatever.

"Any reason not to head back to the mansion right now?" Shef posed his question to the AI, but it would presumably be audible to anyone who cared. Didn't think anyone had a reason to detain him, but who knew.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2018, 08:58:34 pm by Strider03 »

Pages: 1 ... 109 110 [111] 112 113 ... 285