Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 174

Author Topic: SPAMKINGDOM+: GAME OVER  (Read 112053 times)

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: SPAMKINGDOM+: Grand Duke Merachd of Tven!
« Reply #135 on: March 07, 2017, 02:51:30 am »

That's it? A few trinkets for a full-scale invasion? No sir. We need, at the very least, an assurance that the elves can dispel dwarven curses. And some cash wouldn't go amiss.

A
Long Live United Forenia!

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: March 07, 2017, 03:25:14 am »

Do we even have the authority to launch such an invasion?

C

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: March 07, 2017, 03:59:34 am »

C
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: March 07, 2017, 04:05:00 am »

B

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably writing something.
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: March 07, 2017, 04:06:06 am »

B!
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

Spoken like a true god TankKit.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: March 07, 2017, 07:42:51 am »

That's it? A few trinkets for a full-scale invasion? No sir. We need, at the very least, an assurance that the elves can dispel dwarven curses. And some cash wouldn't go amiss.

A
It seems less invasion purposes, because we're a duke and not a leader of Tven :P
...Actually A is a good point.

We'll be doing C if we go A in otherwise going to reject that offer given our responsibilities. But context!
"Tembar! Greetings to human Duke of Tven, may the sun and moon smile upon you wherever you go. I am Anataife of Tisilenteliya, and I bring an offer from my mother and one of the wives of our wise king! He offers to share the magical items of our make with you if you promise to become an enemy of the Dwarves, who profit and grow stronger each day thanks to a gem and metal trade with some distant kingdom we only know the name of - Gubta. The Dwarven fortified city of Ankurvat, east of the Kiwis, is a large trade hub of theirs and would cause them much grief and loss if it were to fall." After a moment of thinking, you decide to...
I don't particularly see the connection between the mention of the Dwarven city and our agreement--it seems like more a mention of the 'grand plan' of things. Either way let's see this through.

Also Haspen, I'm getting some linguistic naming vibes here. :P

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: March 07, 2017, 07:53:48 am »

C, those don't seem at all useful. The flame stones are a fleeting battlefield advantage and the moonthread cloaks seem largely redundant and greatly situational. Compared to what a dwarven relic can do in the hands of a duke or a king and what a dwarven curse can do to a dynasty we'd best be telling these elves to seek allies elsewhere. Maybe warn the dwarves in the process since if I recall correctly Dahnia is a buffer between our lands and those of the elves.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: March 07, 2017, 07:56:22 am »

C, those don't seem at all useful. The flame stones are a fleeting battlefield advantage and the moonthread cloaks seem largely redundant and greatly situational. Compared to what a dwarven relic can do in the hands of a duke or a king and what a dwarven curse can do to a dynasty we'd best be telling these elves to seek allies elsewhere. Maybe warn the dwarves in the process since if I recall correctly Dahnia is a buffer between our lands and those of the elves.
I didn't recognize you due to avatar change :P
But...while that is a great point, we've never tried Elven magic in contrast though.

And the cloaks however can be used by our spies and agents! :P Flame stones...can be more creative, especially given our mishap last time since we had no idea how they work back in defending a Capital. >_>

I do agree on how its given out though. It seems...fairly strange. Like we're supposed to do subterfuge or something (and then be implicated as revenge for whatever reason the Dahnians got attacked by Elves nearly a century ago)
« Last Edit: March 07, 2017, 08:11:02 am by Tiruin »

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: March 07, 2017, 08:06:04 am »

C, Not worth it.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: March 07, 2017, 10:11:21 am »

And the cloaks however can be used by our spies and agents!

I'd refute this point in particular because it's a cloak that makes you unseen between trees at night, which sounds pretty lame because A) it's not very difficult being unseen at night without a cloak, B) it's even easier being unseen at night when you're between trees and C) we haven't exactly needed to spy on heavily wooded areas for the most part.

Also I just realized that the founding of Ankurvat probably relates to dwarves repossessing a chunk of Luathbas land as repayment for services rendered.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2017, 10:13:32 am by Harry Baldman »

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: March 07, 2017, 10:37:50 am »

C

vastaghen12

• Bay Watcher
  • [BIOME_SUPPORT: ANY_COMPUTER:1]
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: March 07, 2017, 11:00:48 am »

b

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: March 07, 2017, 12:35:25 pm »

You accept the deal with the elves, and inform the Marshal to prepare troops against the dwarves.

Moments later, the diplomat from the Kiwis arrives in the throne room.

"Greetings, Duke of Tven. Albeit our nations are not at best terms since you refused to turn over Lady Tasarina, King Amabarn II still wishes to have Tven as amicable neighbour. He therefore proposes a joint crusade against the Nagan Khanate, which have begun to raid into the western borderlands of the Kiwi since last winter. My master offers three mighty heaps of wealth for your troubles."

A) "That's not enough. Can you make that five heaps?"
B) "Sure, fighting side-by-side mends all troubles between two men!"
C) "Apologies, we're not interested in such an endeavour."
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: March 07, 2017, 12:39:01 pm »

A, it does require us to go pretty far out of our way.

vastaghen12

• Bay Watcher
  • [BIOME_SUPPORT: ANY_COMPUTER:1]
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: March 07, 2017, 12:47:37 pm »

B

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 174