Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7

Author Topic: Spamoutpost! - Emi Araya of the Ark of The Reformed Empire of the Rising Sun  (Read 10227 times)

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile

Important note, we're not the only one visiting the system. It's a multinational effort.

If we take option A or C, there could be a colony more than hundred years old already present when we arrive. C more so than A, as C is evn slower.

I like the idea of arriving in a settled system.

C
C
C

Space Cryo Ship Yamato

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Invitation for tiebreakers.

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile

Did someone say space Battlecryoship Yamato~?

C
C
D (Because I find it kinda funny.)
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Actually, if we are doing a generation ship I suppose the pop idol would be best.

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Probably, though, if we do end up with Chen the industrialist, I would say that we refer to their last name as Yakumo no mater how much it possibly pisses them off, just cuz references. I also wonder if the emperor will have his own ship and or cryo pod. Probably, but, you never know.
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile

PTW
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile

A A Generation ship

A Commercial rockets, defunct satellites, space stations and such, of course.

C Chen Kwang-yi the Industralist.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

We are tied once again on the 1st and 2nd issue.

Probably, though, if we do end up with Chen the industrialist, I would say that we refer to their last name as Yakumo no mater how much it possibly pisses them off, just cuz references. I also wonder if the emperor will have his own ship and or cryo pod. Probably, but, you never know.

Some people would insist on Imperial Pronunciation to call him Chin Kin'i. But this is one of the least concerns of the empire. Also, perhaps one might notice that, Son Haneul has would be called Son Hanuru, but this does not stop some nationalists calling her Son Sora.

« Last Edit: March 05, 2017, 12:34:44 pm by evilcherry »

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I was saying Yakumo instead of Kwang-yi because it would be a reference, not due to pronunciation. But hey, at least we can put up a the more you know sign here. Also, considering you called Chen a him, that proves we cannot really reference the character that we'd be referencing by calling them Chen Yakumo or Yakumo Chen.

Also, willing to change my vote to A just to get this started due to the original spam man Haspin tying the vote

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

A, A, C. Before I go to sleep.

You called to help of Chen Kwang-yi, The industrialist hailing from Niitaka island. He would piecing the ship into space, which mainly utilizes defunct, mothballed, or outdated spacecrafts. These will be expanded into the proposed generation ship, before lifted into space piece by piece, for a launch somewhere in 2050, or optimistically 2049 as claimed by Chen.

Spring 2047, Estimated Completion: Spring 2050

Work started in earnest. One of the main choice for engineers is what kind of powerplant they are going to bring. Only fusion provides the endurance and power density for such a long journey. There is Magnetic Confinement Fusion, which is more promising technology and would be more efficient, but its breaking edge and would probably be never fully ironed out in these three years. There is also inertial confinement fusion, which is more commonly used, but less efficient and means more resources will be needed to build fuel storage.

A Magnetic Confinement Fusion
B Inertial Confinement Fusion

The Employment of Chen, meanwhile, has caused diplomatic tensions with the People's Republic. According to their version of events, Niitaka is theirs. While they don't object to his employment to the Empire, they would want you to share semiconductor production facility on the island for their spacecraft.

A Do we need so much ICs anyway? Buy them off.
B Do we need so much ICs anyway? We better trade them for aluminium and titanium frames for our spacecrafts.
C NIITAKA IS EMPIRE!
« Last Edit: March 05, 2017, 01:57:31 pm by evilcherry »

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

A & C fuck off china you peace of shit, how you didn't get a 1991 Russian style rebellion or a dose of murican capitalism & freedom right to the face is beyond me. Besides, they where probably going to be our main enemy anyway seeing as china hates everyone in Asia but themselves. This is a proven fact IRL seeing as that they are tried to take over the Indonesian & Philippine parts of the south china sea with man made islands made on top of coral reefs. Also they are allied to North Korea so that's even more points to their jackass score.

Besides, we all know the real china is the republic of china, not the peoples republic of china, such a shame that the real china is stuck on Taiwan atm.

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

A
B

I am sure we can work out the problems with MCF in the hundreds of years we will have!  Or explode or whatever.

We should save the violent combat for later stages.  I mean the world will likely go to shit anyway, no need to do that early.

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Players: mind that no real-world countries or llamas are harmed. Flame at your own risk.

A B

6oh my oh my oh my

It turns out that the People's Republic are actually suffering from key deficiencies in the production of low energy consumption, radiation hardened chips and circuitry, and they have a hard time sourcing for them. They are so desperate that they are willing to sell you some titanium production.

Chen estimate that with the newly acquired production capability we can launch the ship one quarter earlier than the original projections. Meanwhile, rattling the sabre for nothing means the People's Republic looked weak in such a poorly calculated move.

You also budget for MCF powerplants. The actual powerplant will only be installed in no earlier than 2049, and the current work is concentrated on erecting the hulls for the ark.

Summer 2047, Estimated Completion: Winter 2049

The choices for everyone's ships to Trappist-1 are out:

Atlantean Republic: Slow Cyro-liner
The Union: Slow Cyro-liner
The Northern Empire: Generation Ship
People's Republic: Fast Ship
The Federation: Fast Ship

This might need a change in your diplomatic priorities. Note that these are not the only ships that are built - there are ships to different stars, and your action affects them, too.

Your human psychologist suggest that in addition to the biological data bank on board and a room for vats of microorganisms needed for terraforming and food production, we should also bring a thousand sanitized rodents (or small herbivores) on board as a more pleasing food resource for the journey, and cyrosleeping larger animals to somehow recreate earth at the destination - this includes larger animals like elephants and whales. The live animals will replace the room for 100 men kept awake. The Cyrosleeping animals will replace a total of 10k cyrosleeping pods. We have the technology to genetically alter animals to prevent a genetic bottleneck, but the technology to produce large animals from nothing is problematic at best.

A To hell with that! Isn't space cake (A mixture of Rice, Seaweed and Microbes) good enough? Baka!
B We can cyrosleep the animals, but having live animals on board is a security risk.
C We need to keep our people happy. Lets bring all of them on board.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2017, 01:26:47 am by evilcherry »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7