Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9

Author Topic: Exquisite Cops (and Robbers)  (Read 18711 times)

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Exquisite Cops (and Robbers)
« Reply #60 on: March 19, 2017, 04:50:10 pm »

webadict: If you can still vote, could you just address people in red every time you want to talk to them, then put your actual vote at the end of your post?
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Rautherdir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 19, 2017, 05:34:39 pm »

webadict: If you can still vote, could you just address people in red every time you want to talk to them, then put your actual vote at the end of your post?
this^

If it says the only time you can say someone's name is when you vote, that should work. As technically your still voting. Welp you might have what is basically an autowin.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 19, 2017, 05:41:24 pm »

I can certainly do that, but that's actually the least restrictive part. Try editing a quote on the fly. I would be spending half the game editing a post before I can post it.

There are post restriction I can do, but that is not one of them, unless I never quote anyone, but at that point... Am I playing the game?

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 19, 2017, 06:07:10 pm »

Yeah I'm with Web here as someone else who mostly posts from phone that restriction is just brutal especially as the day goes on and i don't blame him for wanting to leave.

@ Rauther by infinite loops you mean when two people can't be killed because of their roles?  I'm okay with them as long as they don't have an insanely easy way to find out that the two people can do one like a private chat or so.  There's always the trade off that neither player can really trust each other early on and if they arrange it during the day the scum can plan around it or break it with a roleblocker.

However I'm curious, did your questions give you any information onto who might be scum?  It seems to me that you were testing the waters as to how people would react to stuff in your role or abilities you gave out which seems purely selfish.
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

Rautherdir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 19, 2017, 06:21:47 pm »

Yeah I'm with Web here as someone else who mostly posts from phone that restriction is just brutal especially as the day goes on and i don't blame him for wanting to leave.

@ Rauther by infinite loops you mean when two people can't be killed because of their roles?  I'm okay with them as long as they don't have an insanely easy way to find out that the two people can do one like a private chat or so.  There's always the trade off that neither player can really trust each other early on and if they arrange it during the day the scum can plan around it or break it with a roleblocker.

However I'm curious, did your questions give you any information onto who might be scum?  It seems to me that you were testing the waters as to how people would react to stuff in your role or abilities you gave out which seems purely selfish.
No. By infinite loop I mean infinitely copying actions done on two certain people. Possibly onto everyone else as well. I think it can get roleblocked though.

Also, yes. It helps me understand who people are, and thus who could be scum.

Rautherdir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 19, 2017, 06:25:42 pm »

Ooh. And Web could get a new wincon because of the somewhat glitchy wincon he was given.

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 19, 2017, 06:47:50 pm »

No. By infinite loop I mean infinitely copying actions done on two certain people. Possibly onto everyone else as well. I think it can get roleblocked though.

I'm not sure I understand what you mean by infinite loop could you explain it in a different way?
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 19, 2017, 06:56:11 pm »

I'm not sure I understand what you mean by infinite loop could you explain it in a different way?

Did you play FHPBYOR2 where I ended up with infinite actions? I think Rautherdir is talking about something like that.

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 19, 2017, 07:00:51 pm »

Did you play FHPBYOR2 where I ended up with infinite actions? I think Rautherdir is talking about something like that.
No I don't think I played that game, but infinte actions just sounds stupid for everyone but the player with infinite actions.

Rautherdir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 19, 2017, 07:18:37 pm »

If two certain people target each other with abilities they have, all other actions done on those two people that night will be infinitely duplicated. That's what I mean by infinite loop. There's a possibility that the duplicated actions could be put onto everyone else as well.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 19, 2017, 08:55:06 pm »

If two certain people target each other with abilities they have, all other actions done on those two people that night will be infinitely duplicated. That's what I mean by infinite loop. There's a possibility that the duplicated actions could be put onto everyone else as well.
Oh so you're the fucker who I gave the rolename to the action they sent in.

I'm going to agree with webadict that that posting restriction sounds and is bullshit (granted I think most/all post restrictions are bullshit, so...)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 19, 2017, 09:23:51 pm »

Alright guys. Can anyone explain why we're cops and robbers?

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 19, 2017, 10:02:50 pm »

Jeez that seems useless, no offense but since the infinite loop doesn't change what happens to the person, aside from some niche case of ignoring self revives, its just for the lols.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 19, 2017, 10:46:10 pm »

Alright guys. Can anyone explain why we're cops and robbers?

Maybe town and scum? IDK.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 19, 2017, 11:30:27 pm »

Ah, my bad. But my particular posting restriction is literally TOO severe for me to play, since I play on a phone 90% of the time. It's either that, or I'm literally going to be useless half the time.

Please replace me. The game seems fun, but I cannot win playing like this, and if I can't win, the game isn't fun for me.

Like, I am really sorry about this, but I cannot play like this.
Beep boop o_O
If he's replacing out and is OKAY with that, select Tiruin to be the replacee! :D Then she can continue or not, on this idea!

(PM Imic first because he asked first though)
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9