Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9

Author Topic: Exquisite Cops (and Robbers)  (Read 18693 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: Exquisite Cops (and Robbers)
« Reply #45 on: March 18, 2017, 06:02:13 pm »

What?  How?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 18, 2017, 06:04:24 pm »

Because of the fact that players of the same team might not necessarily have the same wincon, there are two ways for a round to end: 1) If everyone on a major team (Town or Evil) achieves their wincon, or 2) if a major team is eliminated.
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Rautherdir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 18, 2017, 06:18:27 pm »

Rautherdir:
Why no RVS questions?
Oh is that what we're doing?

Okay then.

IronyOwl:
How do you feel about mass kill attempts?

fillipk:
How do you feel about infinite loops?

DarkStar:
How do you feel about mass protection\revival?

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 18, 2017, 07:52:47 pm »

I would play the game, but I have no idea what I'm allowed to do without losing.

So you have a posting restriction? Are you still allowed to vote?

DarkStar:
How do you feel about mass protection\revival?

If it was in this game, it would be hilarious.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 18, 2017, 09:01:46 pm »

Rauth:
Rautherdir:
Why no RVS questions?
Oh is that what we're doing?
No, we're flailing uselessly and drooling on ourselves until night falls and we get to used our awesome abilities. RVS is just what we should be doing.

Why, what did you plan to do today?

IronyOwl:
How do you feel about mass kill attempts?
Conflicted. Technically vig kills should be good for town, but murdering everyone has some obvious implications, especially since the interactions between people before they flip is one of the reasons town gains something out of people dying.

TheBiggerFish:
What?  How?
Last time you were this useless you were scum. Are you scum?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 18, 2017, 11:16:29 pm »

Dude, I asked Wuba a question pertaining to his claim, how is that being useless?

But no, I am not scum.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 18, 2017, 11:52:10 pm »

You gave a one word answer to TheDarkStar's RVS question, ignored mine entirely, and have done nothing else.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 19, 2017, 04:20:40 am »

4maskwolf - If you had a large post restriction, would you try to reveal it early or would you try to hide it?
Fuck if I know.

Here's the thing about me and post restrictions: I've never had one.  Never.  Not once.  I haven't really played in game with many either, and there's a very good reason for it.  Post restrictions are like Jesters and Assassins as roles: they're notoriously hard to balance and use in a way that isn't unfun for someone.  In fact, I'd argue that seeing a good use of a post restriction is so incredibly rare it's not worth looking for because you'll find a whole bunch of shitty ones.  So no, I don't know what I'd do with one, especially with such a vague term as "large post restriction" (like, seriously, what the fuck does that even mean.

That begs the question, TheDarkStar: what post restriction did you afflict on some poor soul this game?

4mask:
Suppose you have a random-target nightkill and no other actions. Do you use it?
Oh for fuck's sake...

Context dependent.  If a scum is already dead, especially early on, meh, not worth it, unless (and given this game it's a pretty big unless) it would benefit my wincon in some other way to do so.  Otherwise, yeah, why not.

First off whoever gave me my second action screw you.
4mask: do you think all parts of your role are well designed.
Probs wasn't me, my second action was relatively tame.

Actually yes, I really like the role I was given, certainly better than the stuff a couple poor souls ended up with from me (I was testing the waters to see what I could and could not get away with, so my stuff was fairly mundane as far as interest goes).

I'll post more at a time when it's not two in the morning and I just got back from closing the store.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 19, 2017, 09:34:29 am »

You gave a one word answer to TheDarkStar's RVS question, ignored mine entirely, and have done nothing else.
Dude, I asked Wuba a question pertaining to his claim, how is that being useless?

Also: Revive abilities?  None to one.
Sigtext

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 19, 2017, 11:19:40 am »

Uh, yeah, I've got a really stupid posting restriction where I can't say people's names or I lose. I have no clue WHY someone thought that was a good posting restriction, but it's a really obnoxious one. I can't even say my own name.

WOW, SO FUN.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 19, 2017, 11:20:37 am »

I can, however, vote people. TheBiggerFish.

This is the only time I can say someone's name.

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 19, 2017, 11:24:58 am »

TheDarkStar: what post restriction did you afflict on some poor soul this game?

Quote from: OP
do not reveal those role fragments to other players

Seriously, the moment people start revealing this, the game is broken.
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 19, 2017, 11:33:29 am »

Wuba:Does that apply to abbreviations?
Sigtext

Rautherdir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 19, 2017, 12:59:31 pm »

TheDarkStar: what post restriction did you afflict on some poor soul this game?

Quote from: OP
do not reveal those role fragments to other players

Seriously, the moment people start revealing this, the game is broken.

There's a really cool infinite loop we could do with what I know is out there. Which is, of course, broken.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 19, 2017, 01:25:45 pm »

Ah, my bad. But my particular posting restriction is literally TOO severe for me to play, since I play on a phone 90% of the time. It's either that, or I'm literally going to be useless half the time.

Please replace me. The game seems fun, but I cannot win playing like this, and if I can't win, the game isn't fun for me.

Like, I am really sorry about this, but I cannot play like this.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9