Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8

Author Topic: Design the Titan's Drifter  (Read 8793 times)

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: Design an Old Spaceship
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2017, 04:57:01 pm »

The electricity containing the fungus is delivered by electrifying chain link fences on the floors, walls, and ceilings.  The electricity itself is sourced from the light fixtures.  While this solution does require footwear to have rubber soles and going down the hallway requires a light source, its ability to help resist boarders has caused it to not be replaced with a less dangerous system.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2017, 05:02:29 pm by Zanzetkuken The Great »
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2017, 05:37:30 pm »

Details about the tri-focused disintegration cannon:
The tri-focused disintegration cannon is mounted in the center of the front of the ship, though it's concealed by a nanite hologram to keep it from being noticed. When fired, it generates a burst of unstable strangelets(stable strangelet production was banned for as long as anybody can remember). Unstable strangelets cannot replicate without a special energy. When the strangelets hit their target, the triple focus will project the special energy to the strangelets. The triple focus is enough to let the strangelets devour anything up to a heavy frigate before disintegrating.
FoU has some twisted role ideas. Screw second-guessing this mechanical garbage spaghetti, I'm basing everything on reads and visible daytime behaviour.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2017, 05:50:00 pm »

The design, and especially the layout of the hallways, was a work of love by Rupert Pearlman. A master ship engineer who came out of a 25 year retirement to create his magnum opus.

Thanks to this feng shui inspired design, the ship is easy to navigate for repairs and everyday use.
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2017, 09:04:47 pm »

Unfortunately large sections of the repurposed passenger quarters are harder to navigate, with many built and rebuilt rooms hiding in this area.

One is a small bar, lodged in ductwork between the xeno bio lab and a cargo hold, with a robotic bartender, which a few crew keep as secret relaxation spot.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2017, 09:51:53 pm »

There is a hologram box proudly mounted in the centre of the bridge. It grossly mismatches the surrounding material, but that is not unusual... Of note, however, is that the A.I. clearly lacks the faculties to operate it. It can project static images within the box, but cannot resize them, so that it can only project images of the same size as the box, generally human heads. It IS capable of projecting mobile images, but there are difficulties. It requires a template, and the animation is slow and somewhat uncoordinated. The end result is that whenever the ship chooses to generate a conversation image, it appears as the head of someone on the bridge which is desperately trying to maintain its shape in spite of having completely melted. Fortunately this system is set to automatically deactivate in the presence of children and pets, unfortunately that same mercy is not extended to anyone else...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2017, 11:00:59 pm »

Internal communication is primarily by speaking-tubes. As a safety feature, there are super-strong yet perfectly elastic membranes embedded wherever tubes pass through bulkhead walls, but otherwise it is a simple system without any power-requirements.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2017, 11:33:33 pm »

There was a 12-person conical escape-pod situated behind the bridge. It has been converted into a 3-person shuttle.
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Read the First Post!

Puppyguard

• Bay Watcher
  • An avatar? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2017, 01:30:52 am »

Unfortunately every elevator and cargo lift is inoperational due to battle damage, so the transporters are heavily overworked and their main matrices must be replaced often. not to mention heavy repair while shields are up is nigh impossible.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2017, 01:19:34 am by Puppyguard »

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2017, 02:48:43 am »

There is currently one robotic body armor on board in a special bay. It stands about 11 feet tall and has attachments for civil and militaristic uses. Depending on the assignment, it can be easily retrofited and customized.
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 15, 2017, 09:37:06 pm »

A still was built onto some replacement hull plating and was not removed when the hull was replaced.  Enemy fire has shown to be an adequate replacement for the aspects that couldn't be used after it was affixed, so once piping was installed to recover the brews, they are now named after the most recent battles.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 15, 2017, 10:01:22 pm »

The A.I.'s voice varies, but is most often indistinguishable from every James Bond voice speaking simultaneously. Communication with the A.I, is not generally important...
Read the First Post!

Puppyguard

• Bay Watcher
  • An avatar? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 16, 2017, 01:21:17 am »

A virus once took control of the AI who borged most of the crew, so theres lots of scorch marks from when the captain purged the virus, causing the AI to detonate the borgs.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 16, 2017, 01:57:07 am »

Some 500ish years ago a particularly enthusiastic security officer planted a bomb behind the wall panelling adjacent to the airlock. Unfortunately, they perished shortly afterwards from an electrical accident and everyone involved in the installation assumed that the higher-ups had been informed and would deal with it...

It doesn't seem particularly likely to detonate in any given century, but it will take several millennia to degrade into a safe state...
Read the First Post!

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 16, 2017, 02:15:43 am »

All cabins on F-deck have fly-screen doors leading out to external porches.  It is assumed that it would not be wise to try to open the internal pressure doors to the main ventral corridor and investigate who actually lives in these quarters, yet all indications are that someone does...

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #29 on: February 16, 2017, 05:29:41 am »

It is suspected the robotic bartender either IS this person, or sneaks off to meet with them and or supply them.
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8