Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8

Author Topic: Design the Titan's Drifter  (Read 8800 times)

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Re: Design an Old Spaceship
« Reply #30 on: February 16, 2017, 11:25:13 am »

There is one alternative to using the transporters: the maintenance tunnels. Sadly, they're built for the use of drones, so only rather short people or the especially daring can use them.
FoU has some twisted role ideas. Screw second-guessing this mechanical garbage spaghetti, I'm basing everything on reads and visible daytime behaviour.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #31 on: February 16, 2017, 11:48:42 am »

((claustrophobia powers: activate!))
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

Puppyguard

• Bay Watcher
  • An avatar? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 16, 2017, 12:41:40 pm »

The original makers of the ship were really cheap on internal doors, so they're all made of the weakest metal and a average person can pry them apart, even with the bolts down.
Thankfully, the blast doors weren't as cheaply made.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 16, 2017, 02:54:46 pm »

The xenobiology lab contains a hidden chamber, which only the captain and the ship's AI know about. Within that chamber are 20 vials, the lab's owner's last and greatest experiment. Each vial contains a symbiotic organism meant to merge with the drinker and enhance them in some manner. These would be much more valuable if not for the 50% chance of death.
FoU has some twisted role ideas. Screw second-guessing this mechanical garbage spaghetti, I'm basing everything on reads and visible daytime behaviour.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 16, 2017, 05:28:17 pm »

There seems to be some miniture aliens that have formed a civilization within the air ducts.  No one knows where they are based and communication, while friendly, is very limited due to using an unknown language.  An agreement has been made where they get all the scrap metal, leftover food, and similar resources put in a designated room, and they repair hard to get to areas of the ship.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 16, 2017, 06:02:24 pm »

On J Deck, the Gravity tiles used in the main halls are set up exactly 15 Degrees, leading to an odd situation where walking one way is technically up hill and the other is down hill. this was done because the Sewage piping on this Deck is unpowered and would otherwise cause catastrophic Flooding & Clogging if it was not Flowing Somewhere.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 16, 2017, 06:10:54 pm »

Nobody ventures down to what is colloquially known as "J Deck, Brown Sector".

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 16, 2017, 06:42:57 pm »

"K" Deck was originally empty space, but a previous owner Decided Building an additional deck in there was more efficient then leaving it empty. it is Trapped somewhere between the Freezingly cold Water purifier under "J" Deck, and the Burningly hot ancient Ion Engines in What could be considered Deck "L".
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Urist Mc Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 17, 2017, 03:55:08 pm »

The ship has a small infestation of Agnins, small bipedal creatures that like to take small bites out of other creatures when they sleep. They dislike smoke, and crewmembers in their spare time occasionally try to smoke them out with candles. They give the ones they catch to the cook.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 18, 2017, 09:24:35 am »

PTW.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 18, 2017, 11:05:48 pm »

Crammed into an old shuttle bay is a full flight of highly customized military-grade interceptors, no one seems sure how they got there, and every attempt to override their security systems has met with lethal reprisal.  Needless to say the bay is now considered off-limits.
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 18, 2017, 11:57:42 pm »

Due to its dilapidated state and numerous prior owners, the ship is infested with at least 30 different species of vermin-- from across known space. Some induce hallucinations from the secretions they leave behind on unwashed surfaces. Most are just gross.

Puppyguard

• Bay Watcher
  • An avatar? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 19, 2017, 12:08:55 am »

The ship's shields cannot change frequency anymore, due to heavy battle damage causing the circuit connections to fuse at frequency 1337.
This can be disastrous in battle with a previously fought foe, as they can bypass the shields by matching their frequency, or teleporting through them.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 19, 2017, 12:13:33 am »

Of note, Several owners back, one of them got Really attached to the radio Universally broadcasted at 133.7, and the ships shields were "Repaired" by Running them through the ship's Radio network. This has proven utterly irreversible.
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 19, 2017, 12:22:13 am »

There is a food synthesiser at the primary entrance to the main crew quarters. Nobody knows how it works and the crew is strangely defensive of the device, making comprehensive investigation impractical. Newcomers generally describe it as "vile" but are pressured into consuming the food when the topic arises and long-time eaters of the stuff seem to prefer to subsist upon it exclusively when possible. The secreted substance has been tested and found to have no chemicals that should be capable of mental influence...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8