Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 86

Author Topic: COVEN: Gulled Goldsmiths and Lost Locomotives  (Read 153624 times)

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: COVEN: Mission Three - Open World
« Reply #855 on: October 31, 2017, 02:47:34 pm »

1)Find my best knife then ask the necromancer if he has anything sharper for a phylactery I want to make. Otherwise find a way to sharpen my best knife.
2)Ask him to make the knife a phylactery that impales on the hearts of people to drain their energy so I can finaly be a lich.
3)Get or ask for super glue and stick the thing on the end of my mop broom, then add extra tape and bandages to keep it in place.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

PaPaj

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazed escaped dwarf from Alcatraz
    • View Profile
« Reply #856 on: October 31, 2017, 03:26:08 pm »

Get the attention of the target dots and try to not get hit
"Hey how are you doing? well im doing just fine,i lie i am dying inside" - [place data of this short song being made here] some girl with a guitar

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #857 on: October 31, 2017, 03:32:32 pm »

1)Find my best knife then ask the necromancer if he has anything sharper for a phylactery I want to make. Otherwise find a way to sharpen my best knife.
2)Ask him to make the knife a phylactery that impales on the hearts of people to drain their energy so I can finaly be a lich.
3)Get or ask for super glue and stick the thing on the end of my mop broom, then add extra tape and bandages to keep it in place.

You'll also have to die. This'll turn you into a reanimated corpse. Just so you realise that. It has many advantages, but some drawbacks.
One wheel short of a wagon

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #858 on: October 31, 2017, 03:44:16 pm »

What advantages and drawbacks do I get? What does it mean to be a reanimated corpse other than probably looking like a ugly zombie?
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #859 on: October 31, 2017, 03:56:48 pm »

Just to recap:

Drawbacks: Ugly and malodourous, no "healing" unless you're sewing yourself back together, giving up an essential part of your humanity to prey on the vital essences of others, people don't like you as much.

Benefits: boost to necromancy and similar death-magics, greater physical endurance (can laugh off a chest stab, or pretty much anything not a brain injury), much easier to perform radical surgery on yourself such as sewing extra arms on or attaching a giant claw to your hand.
One wheel short of a wagon

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #860 on: October 31, 2017, 04:05:43 pm »

Just to recap:

Drawbacks: Ugly and malodourous, no "healing" unless you're sewing yourself back together, giving up an essential part of your humanity to prey on the vital essences of others, people don't like you as much.

Benefits: boost to necromancy and similar death-magics, greater physical endurance (can laugh off a chest stab, or pretty much anything not a brain injury), much easier to perform radical surgery on yourself such as sewing extra arms on or attaching a giant claw to your hand.

So much yes to everything. Even the sewing yourself back together isn't bad since I am a surgeon IC.

Can I add limbs of people that have special powers to be able to use said powers?
« Last Edit: October 31, 2017, 04:19:17 pm by randomgenericusername »

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #861 on: October 31, 2017, 04:10:54 pm »

I think last time it came up you also lost a stat point.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #862 on: October 31, 2017, 05:00:32 pm »

"I can't be sure. London has a lot of big greedy things in it. Perhaps you could tell me what I'm looking for and I could ask my associates if they've seen such a thing?
Would you tell me more about the star if I helped you?"

action

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #863 on: October 31, 2017, 05:18:44 pm »

Go walk in.  Turn my disguise up to 11, this time it's okay to look inhumanly beautiful.  Or whatever beyond that is.  Then move in, hang up the phone, and sit on his desk.  Tell him to stop being an idiot, and to think about things before calling the cops.  Maybe this is some kind of odd joke.  Maybe she's innocent, and calling the cops will ruin her life for something that didn't actually happen.  Maybe the key drive doesn't contain what the note says it does.

If it's all true, however, he's got a rare opportunity here.  Tell him I'm a figment of his imagination, and keep the disguise shifting from one thing to another, along with some playing with the light projections to convince him.  Talk him into not scotching the plan here and now.. after all, he can always sit on the money and wait, can always check if the money manager was good at covering her tracks before cashing in, lots of ways to take this carefully and play it safe.  Tell him to just tell the cops that he lost his cellphone or something and called them to report it got stolen.  He can always report this later, if he is worried about getting caught, but a chance this big shouldn't be rejected right away.  Leave the office in a flash of light once I'm convinced he's settled enough, and before the cops show up.  If the cops do arrive while I'm in here, wave the stone and tell the cops that they can't see or hear me.  They might not even show up, and just phone back or something.. and if he'll talk them out of it over the phone, so much the better.

Assuming that goes well, leave and then call Dave and tell him I'm ready to put up more content, but I've got a few errands to run first.  Ask him to come up with a design for an OC.. a non-human creature who Nanami works for.  Then clean up the loose ends with the financial manager, by packing up some belongings, killing her immediate family, and going down to a train station and withdrawing the daily maxium of cash while disguised as her.  Killing her family might be tricky, if she had some magical blood one or more of them might be casters, so sneak up, disguise myself, and shoot first.  After that, ditch the evidence and head over to Dave's.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2017, 04:04:28 pm by Devastator »

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #864 on: November 01, 2017, 02:10:13 am »

I refuse to believe that anything can beat Bella in a straight fight.
Really? Then would you be interested in taking down an immortal martial-arts master for me (and for compensation, of course).

Can I assume that Bella is updating me on events as they occur?

So, if these three space aliens are connected somehow, maybe they form a rock-paper-scissors triangle with each other or can be fused into one being or something(?).

See if the defense-alien (the giant slug) has shed anything. If so, examine the sheddings and burn them in order to learn a pyromancy (which will hopefully be helpful in dealing with the offense-alien).

Present the effect produced by my hypnotism pyromancy (which I learned from the mind-alien) to the defense-alien. If I can get its attention, flare power into the flame, then use the defense-alien's focus on the flame as a channel to extend a metaphysical/spiritual tendril from my hypnotism flame (and thus my inner flame) into its empty mind, hopefully granting me some kind of (permanent?) control over it.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #865 on: November 01, 2017, 02:58:07 am »

(You know, Athath, you get power if you just kill the thing.  Of course, using one to kill another would be nice.)

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
Re: Re: COVEN: Mission Three - Open World
« Reply #866 on: November 01, 2017, 08:10:47 am »

Sift through the medications, looking for anti-psychotics.  Dump them all out and be systematic if necessary.  After they've all been sorted through, dump everything except antipsychotics back into the trash bags, and stick all of those into Vince's fridge/freezer, marked "Not yours".

Take an antipsychotic, if any were found.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #867 on: November 01, 2017, 08:56:31 am »

Can I assume that Bella is updating me on events as they occur?
I haven't been assuming you've told me anything, so nope.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #868 on: November 01, 2017, 10:15:22 pm »

(You know, Athath, you get power if you just kill the thing.  Of course, using one to kill another would be nice.)
You want me to try to kill the giant, nigh-invulnerable worm when I could make it my pet instead?

And I thought I was the crazy one.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #869 on: November 01, 2017, 10:29:22 pm »

You don't want to kill it, but I do. More clots. And I think space god is saying it'll give me shit if I kill it.
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 86