Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 86

Author Topic: COVEN: Gulled Goldsmiths and Lost Locomotives  (Read 154092 times)

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
Re: COVEN: Mission Three - Open World
« Reply #525 on: June 25, 2017, 01:26:06 pm »

"Oka then, I don'ta think we have 500 all tagether, so we'd best do some jobs for the guy."
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: June 25, 2017, 01:50:34 pm »

Are there any cures for ghoulism, vampirism, and/or lichdom? Ask this to the necromancers and the monks; they might have different answers.

Ask the monks what their views on undeath are.

Ask the monks what tasks they have available.

If OceanSoul tells me about the ghost-woman before he catches string-guy, go and follow him as he follows the string (if he does so).
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: June 25, 2017, 02:19:44 pm »

Are there any cures for ghoulism, vampirism, and/or lichdom? Ask this to the necromancers and the monks; they might have different answers.
Please, don't ask the monks. They may put THAT question in the machine, and charge us for that.
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: June 25, 2017, 03:41:00 pm »

Name: Bella, the Speed Witch
Backstory: Bella likes fast things, and fast things like Bella. Motorcycles, sports cars, airplanes, gravity... Bella likes it all. Gotta go fast.
Physical Description: Skin wrapped around some organs and bones and blood and such. Some of it sprouting hairs of some length or another. Just the right number of eyes, and slightly less than standard number of teeth. Nose adorned with a pair of nostrils. Four limbs ending in wiggly cute digits. Average color is pinkish.
Stats:

Magical stats:
Speed Affinity: Fast things like me. If something is already moving quickly I can suggest to it where to head next. When riding speedy things, it becomes easier to control them.

Physical stats:
Melee 1
Agility 2
« Last Edit: June 25, 2017, 03:52:09 pm by Egan_BW »

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: June 25, 2017, 04:19:53 pm »

Please, don't ask the monks. They may put THAT question in the machine, and charge us for that.
If the monks will charge us for that answer, dismiss the question.

I figure it's worth a shot, especially since the monks might be anti-undead and glad to give out information about cures for undeath for free/very little.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: June 26, 2017, 08:23:45 am »

Backstory: Bella likes fast things, and fast things like Bella. Motorcycles, sports cars, airplanes, gravity... Bella likes it all. Gotta go fast.
Physical Description: Skin wrapped around some organs and bones and blood and such. Some of it sprouting hairs of some length or another. Just the right number of eyes, and slightly less than standard number of teeth. Nose adorned with a pair of nostrils. Four limbs ending in wiggly cute digits. Average color is pinkish.
Stats:

Magical stats:
Speed Affinity: Fast things like me. If something is already moving quickly I can suggest to it where to head next. When riding speedy things, it becomes easier to control them.

Physical stats:
Melee 1
Agility 2
That's not how magical stats work. There's four magical stats that you can distribute 3 points across.
Puissant Fettle- Puissance, practically mana or MP. Represents both how Fast it's regained and the maximum you can have at one point. Used mainly for Wands and Staves, which essentially bear their own spells, and slightly for Chalices, which summon demons. Wand are more magically offensive, while staves tend to be physical and defensive.

Ritual Potency- Used for summoning demons, making them stronger and easier to control. Also reduces their constant Puissance cost. Also affects max amount of talismans usable at once, but no one's met that limit yet.

Runic Sight- How well you're able to see the magical world, including how quickly you gain Runes. They can do many things, from enhancing your character to  affecting objects you draw them on/around. You could look at some character sheets, mainly Jimmy's/crazyabe's, for some examples.

Banal combat- Magical stat for nonmagical combat, from guns to physical weapons. Can be good for staff users, but mostly meant for physical/mundane character builds.
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: June 26, 2017, 04:27:30 pm »

Yes, but that's not how it worked for dev, and who cares about the rules, anyway?

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: June 26, 2017, 04:56:24 pm »

I don't think you'd have to do that.. a well-chosen pendant spell could give you what you'd like, and it would leave other stats free.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: June 26, 2017, 05:12:43 pm »

Yes, but that's not how it worked for dev, and who cares about the rules, anyway?
Dev simply chose not to use those stats...much, and decided to make a deal with a devil for power quickly after he was in. He did not get the power BECAUSE he's restraining his stats.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: June 26, 2017, 05:19:50 pm »

We'll see. It's not the strictest rtd in any sense.
One wheel short of a wagon

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: June 26, 2017, 08:04:58 pm »

Dev simply chose not to use those stats...much, and decided to make a deal with a devil for power quickly after he was in. He did not get the power BECAUSE he's restraining his stats.
I did negotiate the deal in advance, but I can't say how it's related to the starting stats.  I also didn't write the deal, and exactly how everything works and what the consequences are are new discoveries for me, too.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: June 28, 2017, 02:18:15 pm »

MONKS

Ask the monks what their views on undeath are.

Ask the monks what tasks they have available.

If OceanSoul tells me about the ghost-woman before he catches string-guy, go and follow him as he follows the string (if he does so).

They give roughly similar answers, though the monks know a lot less.

Ghoulism: not really, the rational part of the person's mind has been destroyed.
Vampirism: deeply and arcane ones. You'd probably have to be a vampire to know about them. Not that vampires don't want fewer people to be vampires, the ways of curing it and retaining your body are just so unspeakably awful nobody talks about them.
Lichdom: you're dead. You can stuff your consciousness into something else, even another living body, but your body is either reanimated or just dead, there's no going back.

Undead aren't allowed in their order. They don't like some types, but are perfectly happy to do business with the saner, less dangerous ones.

Tasks... well, the monk vaguely talks about some "pests" that have been bothering the order. Then he gives you really specific locations. One's on a roof, one's in a sewer, one's in a park nearby. Just go eliminate one of the three.

In the past,ask lady, "Would a co-ordinate be possible? If so, I may be able to get some...companions, of mine to help you out, Ms... would you mind telling me your name?...Also, who did this to you, anyway?....Anyway, don't worry, being stuck under a banana tree may be quite an una-peeling situation, heh, but you'll be free soon." Ask guy selling plants about the price of the banana tree. Back in present, tell companions about what she said, and how that should be a better alternative.
"Coordinates... I... I think so? I can tell you lucky numbers, bad numbers, that sort of thing... I was always good at lottery tickets... please, help me soon. You don't know what this is like... I didn't see his face... just woke up in agony..."

As far as you can tell, it's just an ordinary string, but hey, Japanese ghosts are weird, right.

The tree costs £45. It's pretty big, but not so high it couldn't fit outdoors. You want to tell your companions, it's a free action.

"sorry to interupt,but you woulden't know if there are any thamuic energy sources around ?"
The alchemist adjusts his goggles suspisciously.

"Wassat? You wanna fowmic energy source, eh? I ain't got anything big. Nothing worth stealing. There'sa lotta things give off thaumic energy. You wanna power source or sumthin? Thassit?"

Remove the backpack and the sketchbook from inside it.  Leave the camera inside the backpack, but turn it on and try to record the woman doing the chanting and the gryphon through the zippered bag top.  If I have watercolours, do an image in watercolours, as those are closer to actual paintings.  If not, do a sketch and see what happens.

If the camera being turned on is noticed by the gryphon, grab the bag and run like I stole something.

(Also, where'd the cell phone come from?  Aren't those expensive?)
(Eh... we'll just assume you all have phones. Most people used to be a functional part of mortal society, after all. Makes more sense you all having maps etc.)

You turn the camera on. The gryphon isn't paying any attention to you, just sunning itself.

You have a small set of artististic chalk crayons, and produce a reasonable sketch over about an hour. You feel a tiny bit of magic flow into you, similar to the unnatural beauty and sensuality from Amdukias, but more psychological this time. You're also feeling a slight improvement in your wandplay from your following - your missiles are less likely to be embarassingly blunt, for example.

Stats:

Magical stats:

Physical stats:
Melee 1
Agility 2
Still undecided. Give me a bit.

Ben looks bored.

Spoiler: sheets (click to show/hide)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
One wheel short of a wagon

PaPaj

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazed escaped dwarf from Alcatraz
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: June 28, 2017, 02:24:01 pm »

"Yes that's what i am looking for,a power source of it"
"Hey how are you doing? well im doing just fine,i lie i am dying inside" - [place data of this short song being made here] some girl with a guitar

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: June 28, 2017, 03:10:07 pm »

Well, not going to press my luck.  Vince will definately be interested in the gryphon, even if it isn't exactly what he was looking for.  Just gotta think up a way to get it.  Time to move on, in any case.

Pack up and head out of here before something goes wrong.  I'll check back at the end of the day (to look for a feather or fur or something.), but nothing else now.  Then head to the next location, the parking lot in the light industrial area.

Also, do I feel any unspent power?

"Ben, I think we're mostly done here, but you could come with me to the next location, or maybe follow one of these people home.  The person with the pendant may be important to keep track of.  I'll leave it up to you either way."

(Also gotta remember that the cellphones are going to be liabilities upon commiting crimes, due to the ease of tracking them, and to leave it at home when scamming, or going out to do murder and mayhem.  I'm also miffed at the idea that I couldn't walk about six blocks without staring at a phone.. if I ever get a broom, I'm fucked.  ;-p)

(I was also thinking of requiring me to put my own blood into something, somewhere, or someone to enable it to be affected under the terms of the deal.)
« Last Edit: June 28, 2017, 04:24:52 pm by Devastator »

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
Re: Re: COVEN: Mission Three - Open World
« Reply #539 on: June 29, 2017, 04:38:13 am »

Can we just say Ben doesn't have a cell?  He'd be fine with a radio, but civvie phones are fragile luxury items that have no place in a true soldier's kit.  He most certainly doesn't just dislike them because he has a hard time with computers, no siree.

Anyway, he's gonna keep trailing behind Nanami.

"Hah, like I'd want to follow cultists around.  These sorts of people are always begging for others to follow them wherever.  Let me tell you, Miss, there's nothing to gain by associating with them, they're just children who want attention."
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 86