Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 34

Author Topic: (Abandoned) (Roll 61) Roll to dodge: Estratia  (Read 42427 times)

Chrose

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Let's head in then."
Arclight
Estratia
Horror Time
Illysia
Path of the Old Gods
Hellfire

Crimson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Kuh... I-I think so. A-Anyway, we need some cover. More attacks might be coming soon."

Draw my blades and find whatever attacked us. Also, get a look of my surroundings. Is the place an open field or one populated by a lot of natural stuff? If there's nothing else to hide behind, then take cover behind the burning carriage. If there is something better to hide behind upon, then use that instead as a shield. Either way, be wary of another ranged attack. Check from the distance how our carriage driver is doing as well.

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile

Nayrous laughs. "A drone? It is a word for bees and other creatures that hum along. Sincerus."

Nayrous applies his Healing Reagent and rejoins the fray, looking to hack off this drone's stinger.
Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile

(So my wraith magic bonus only applies to my element?)

That's enough for now.

Cyfraith wraps the limb-sized parts in wire and, with a simple touch, she makes them almost weightless and hefts them up onto her back.

She then walks up to a tree.
"Hey," she says out loud.
"Seen any owls?" she asks the tree, touching it's bark with a glowing hand.
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

Neoexdeath

• Bay Watcher
  • Sass birb
    • View Profile
Re: (Roll 25) Roll to dodge: Estratia (Full) *Waitlist open: 1/5*
« Reply #214 on: March 13, 2017, 05:04:44 pm »

Roll 25
----
@_DivideByZero_ No, only stats and and certain buffs from potions apply to success rolls, such as creating a new spell. I specify the stat that I take into consideration between {}.
--

Mercenary 1

"Sure." was Daxon'r only reply before he unleashed a jet of water towards the Gazer as you equip your second rapier.

(Daxon: 3 + 3 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 = 10 vs 9 = 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 2 + 3 Parry Blue Gazer)
(Armor protection: 1 - 2 = -1 damage)

But, despite getting through the demon's parry, it fails to do any noticeable damage. You move in to attack...

(Nix: 1 + 2 + 2 + 2 + 2 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 - 1 - 1 = 11 vs 11 = 1 - 1 + 1 + 1 + 2 + 2 + 5 Parry Blue Gazer)
(Nix: 1 + 2 + 2 + 2 + 2 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 - 1 - 1 = 11 vs 11 = 1 - 1 + 1 + 1 + 2 + 2 + 5 Parry Blue Gazer)

Yet it barely manages to parry both of your attacks. Your opponent begins incanting words completely alien to you...

(Blue Gazer: 4 + 2 + 1 + 1 + 1 = 9 vs 6 = 1 - 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 2 Parry Nix)
(Damage: 3 - 3 = 0)
(Blue Gazer: 3 + 2 + 1 + 1 + 1 = 8 vs 8 = 1 + 1 + 1 + 2 + 3 Parry Daxon)

The wave of sheer cold doesn't do any damage to either of you, but you both feel your bodies numbn from the sudden temperature change. You also feel your energy slowly being drained.

---
Enemies:

Blue Gazer

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

---
Allies:

Daxon

---

NRDL

Mercenary 2

"Well, we don't call them that, but I suppose it doesn't matter." Rhunon replies as he took aim towards the second Nereim. In the meantime, despite being able to heal yourself more efficiently using magic, you decide to use the rest of the reagent on your shoulder. It seems that it wasn't enough, because the hole in your bone only closes partially.

(Rhunon: 5 + 2 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 = 14 vs 12 = 3 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 2 + 2 + 1 Dodge Nereim)
(Armor protection: 2 - 1 + 1 - 1 = 1 damage)
(Rhunon: 4 + 2 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 = 13 vs 13 = 1 - 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 2 + 2 + 6 Dodge Nereim)

The first arrow manages to pierce the insect's abdomen slightly yet it then manages to dodge the second one. You hear the elf groaning in frustration. Nevertheless, you move in to attack, aiming for the Nereim's stinger.

(Rhunon:3 + 3 + 2 + 1 - 1 = 8 vs 12 = 1 - 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 2 + 2 + 5 Dodge Nereim)

Yet it dodges your attack quite easily and then retaliates.

(Nereim: 2 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 2 - 1 = 6 vs 5 = 1 - 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 Parry Nayrous)
(Nereim: 6 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 2 - 1 = 10 vs 8 = 2 - 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 6 Parry Nayrous)

Your body is damaged pretty badly by it's ferocious assault, although it seems that attacking through your ghastly armor damaged it's stinger somewhat. As you stumble backwards, you see the millipuf Queen engaging your partner.

(Millipuf queen: 1 + 3 + 2 + 2 + 1 + 1 - 2 = 8 vs 10 = 1 + 1 + 2 + 6 Dodge Rhunon)

But he manages to dodge her attack.

---
Enemies:

Millipuf Queen

Nereim

---
Allies:

Rhunon

WunderKatze

Mercenary 3

"A pleasure to know you, Antaeus. My name is Yal'tam." the king replied before producing a generous sized bag of gold. "And, of course, here is the payment for your services, along with a small bonus." he says, giving you the bag along with a well crafted ring made of bone painted with symbols. "It is considered a lucky charm among my people that wards against curses and omens." he explains as you stash the gold in your inventory and equip the ring.
---
Enemies:

---
Allies:

Nez'gol
---

Rethi-Eli

Mercenary 4

Vanina nods in reply and you both head into the cave. The corridor inside is narrow and you are forced to go in front while she followed behind you. Eventually the passage becomes wider and you arrive at an intersection. Suddenly, three green lizards emergy from the ground and rush towards you!

(Basilisk #1: 4 + 2 + 1 - 1 = 6 vs 9 = 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 5 Parry Geralt)
(Basilisk #2: 5 + 2 + 1 - 1 = 7 vs 6 = 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 2 Parry Geralt)
(Basilisk #3: 6 + 2 + 1 - 1 = 8 vs 11 = 1 + 1 + 1 + 2 + 6 Dodge Vanina)

You easily parry the first one's attack, but the second basilisk manages to land a bite on your right leg, inflicting a small wound.
--
Enemies:

Mature Emerald Basilisk x3

--
Alllies:

Vanina

--
Chrose

Empire 1

"Yes, I see some rocks over there." Carola replies as you get up and draw your blades. Looking around, you see that you're in a plain field with mostly brown dirt and patches of green grass around and a small formation of stones you could use as cover, the one your friend mentioned. As for the attackers, you see an elf in blue robes wielding a staff, flanked by two red orcs at the other side of the bridge. Another fireball, smaller and quicker this time, impacts the place you fell as you ran for it along with the girl behind the rocks. A fe moments later you're joined by the man.
"Damn, it's those bandits again! What do they want from us?!" he says, clearly agitated.

---
Enemies:

---
Allies:

Man

Carola
---

Crimson

Empire 2

Satisfied with your work, you decide to wrap up the logs using one of your wires before enchanting them with some of your energy, greatly reducing their weight. Finally, you go and speak to a tree and then channel some magicka into your hand and touch it...

(Roll for... something {INT}: 1 + 1 = 2)

Nothing really happens as you do this. Glancing behind your shoulder, you see that Saraqael was already asleep.

---
Enemies:

---
Allies:

Saraqael
--

_DivideByZero_
« Last Edit: March 13, 2017, 05:08:24 pm by Neoexdeath »

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
Re: (Roll 25) Roll to get stung: Estratia (Full) *Waitlist open: 1/5*
« Reply #215 on: March 13, 2017, 05:10:06 pm »

"Go back to hell you frosty bastard."

Use Taunt on Gazer, stab with both rapiers.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Chrose

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: March 13, 2017, 05:26:48 pm »

"Ugh, Damn lizards. I'll take the one nearest to me, try and get the other two."

Attack the nearest lizard with a slash.
Arclight
Estratia
Horror Time
Illysia
Path of the Old Gods
Hellfire

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: March 13, 2017, 05:50:34 pm »

(Makes sense. If I'm not being coherent, it's probably due to late night posting. Sorry.
The intent was to try to talk to a nature spirit or something, if it isn't clear.)

"This isn't a very talkative forest."

She glanced at the sleeping wolf.
Figures. Mortal beings.

Cyfraith decides not to disturb the puppy. He did guard her while she was gone, after all.
She attempts to sense vibrations in the air around her, listening to the sounds of the forest, and for possible threats.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2017, 06:02:37 pm by _DivideByZero_ »
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
  • I came for the LNP, I stayed for the RTDs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: March 13, 2017, 06:46:53 pm »

Very well. Thou hast paid me what is due, I shall be on my way. It was an honor to serve thee.

Antaeus turns to Nez'gol.

Thou art a noble and skilled warrior. My thanks to thee for thine help in our endeavors. May our paths cross again.

Antaeus leaves the king, equipping his trident. He searches for a blacksmith, or perhaps a shop where he can learn magics.
In the end, the winner is the one with the most snake venom.

Crimson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: March 13, 2017, 10:43:29 pm »

"We need to get rid of that mage first."

If it can reach, use Thunder Impulse to try and hit the mage. If that doesn't kill or stun him, then throw one of the shortswords I have towards him. If the mage is disabled though, then throw the shortsword towards one of the orks.

However, if I'm too far to perform any of those actions, try to get close though be prepared to dodge any ranged attacks, magic or physical.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2017, 04:48:36 am by Crimson »

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: March 14, 2017, 01:50:00 pm »

If possible Nayrous ends Estuans mortem, retreats and casts Saaris' touch to heal himself.

"Miserae carnis! These brittle bones, I am ensnared to a weak vessel."
« Last Edit: March 15, 2017, 01:24:04 am by WunderKatze »
Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

Neoexdeath

• Bay Watcher
  • Sass birb
    • View Profile
Re: (Roll 26) Roll to dodge: Estratia (Full) *Waitlist open: 1/5*
« Reply #221 on: March 15, 2017, 05:39:12 pm »

Roll 26
----
@_DivideByZero_ I see. Probably should've figured that out myself, but meh. Also, I believe you forgot to equip your ring.
--
On another note, I added another equipment slot for face. Basically, any stuff that covers the face goes there. Some helmets will occupy both the head and the face slots, though, and thus can't be worn alongside masks.

--

Mercenary 1

(Nix: 6 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 = 10 vs 11 = 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 2 + 5 Parry Blue Gazer)

You can see Gazer turning it's head towards you for a few seconds, throwing you a hateful glare before returning it's focus on the fight. You move in to attack...

(Nix: 5 + 2 + 2 + 2 + 2 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 - 1 - 1 - 2 = 13 vs 12 = 1 - 1 + 1 + 1 + 2 + 2 + 6 Parry Blue Gazer)
(Armor protection: 1 - 2 = -1)

This time you get through it's guard, although your blades fail to pierce it's hide. Nevertheless, Daxon profits from the distraction you made and rushes in to attack...

(Daxon: 2 + 2 + 1 + 1 + 1 - 1 - 1 = 5 vs 12 = 1 - 1 + 1 + 1 + 2 + 2 + 6 Parry Blue Gazer)

But the demon easily bats away his scimitar before once again starting to chant words. They sound somewhat different this time...

(Blue Gazer: 1 + 2 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 - 1 - 2 = 4 vs 10 = 1 - 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 5 Parry Nix)
(Blue Gazer: 1 + 2 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 - 1 - 2 = 4 vs 12 = 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 2 + 6 Parry Daxon)

Two ice spikes form in the air and are launched towards you with blinding speed, but both you and your partner easily parry them. The Gazer grunts in dissatisfaction.

---
Enemies:

Blue Gazer

---
Allies:

Daxon

---

NRDL

Mercenary 2

Cursing your weak shell, you retreat behind the rock formation you used as a hiding place earlier. You then begin to release the power that held your ghastly armor and empowered you, but before finishing, you realize that you can use magic even in warrior form. Of course, offensive magic would be weaker without your incantations empowering it, but your healing spell should be fine. Anyway, you proceed to cast Saaris' Touch on yourself, feeling relief as your damaged bones are being mended by the spell. (+2 health)
In the meantime, Rhunon was still fighting the millipuves.
(Rhunon: 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 2 = 11 vs 11 = 1 - 1 - 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 2 + 2 + 5 Dodge Nereim)
(Rhunon: 6 + 2 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 3 + 1 = 19 vs 11 = 1 - 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 2 + 2 + 5 Dodge Nereim)
(Armor protection: 8 - 1 + 1 - 1 = 7 damage)

The Nereim narrowly dodges the first arrow, but the second one hits it straight through the head, lodging itself into the opposite wall. The Queen doesn't react well to this and you feel as her antenae start emitting vibrations that ripple through the air. She then spits a large concentration of acid on the ground where you are hiding, drenching the stones you're leaning against and the ground around you. Some droplets get on your armor, starting to corrode it. Looks like you'll need to get away from the substance before it ravages your defense completely.

---
Enemies:

Millipuf Queen

---
Allies:

Rhunon

WunderKatze

Mercenary 3

"That will probably be sooner than you think." Nez'gol replies with a small grin while Yal'tam nods at your words. As you leave you hear your partner conversing with the king, although it's in the lizardmen's language so you don't understand anything from what they're saying. Anyway, you equip the trident and the go search for a blacksmith, remembering the lizardman you saw who was working at the forge. You manage to find your way back to him, although he wasn't outside working at the sword anymore, but inside his shop.
"What can help with, human?" he says with visible difficulty after you enter. It looks like he didn't know your language very well. Anyway, you look at the weapons lined up on the wall while he tries to explain his services.

[/i]
---
Enemies:

---
Allies:

---

Rethi-Eli

Mercenary 4

"Uh... sure, I guess." Vanina replies slightly uncertain as you attack the lizard nearest to you. Which would be the one which bited you, of course.

(Geralt: 4 + 2 + 2 + 2 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 - 1 - 1 - 1 = 12 vs 11 = 2 + 1 + 2 + 6 Dodge Basilisk #2)
(Armor protection: 1 - 1 = 0)
(Geralt: 6 + 2 + 2 + 2 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 - 1 - 1 - 1 = 14 vs 6 = 2 + 1 + 2 + 1 Dodge Basilisk #2)
(Armor protection: 8 - 1 = 7)

Your first strike fails to go through the reptile's scales, but your second one slices off a large part of it's body, red blood pouring from the massive wound. The two remaining lizards gang up on you.

(Basilisk #1: 2 + 2 + 1 - 1 = 4 vs 4 = 1 - 1 - 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 2 Parry Geralt)
(Basilisk #3: 4 + 2 + 1 - 1 = 6 vs 4 = 1 - 1 - 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 2 Parry Geralt)

You parry the first one's attack, but the second one manages to land another bite, this time on your hand. Ouch. In the meantime, Vanina flings a fireball towards one of the basilisks.

(Vanina: 3 + 2 + 1 + 1 = 7 vs 6 = 2 + 1 + 2 + 1 Dodge Basilisk #3)
(Armor protection: 1 - 1 = 0)

And then another...

(Vanina: 2 + 2 + 1 + 1 = 6 vs 7 = 2 + 1 + 2 + 2 Dodge Basilisk #3)

Yet both of them fail to cause any damage. She groans, obviously annoyed.
--
Enemies:

Mature Emerald Basilisk x2

--
Alllies:

Vanina

--
Chrose

Empire 1

You proceed to cast Thunder Impulse towards the mage...

(Crimson: 6 + 2 - 2 - 1 = 5 vs 11 = 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 6 Dodge Elf mage)

But you miss by a long shot. You then try to throw a shortsword at him, but unfortunately you're not strong enough to hurl it with enough force to reach him at this distance. It looks like your only option left is to cross the bridge towards them. You communicate this to your companions and they both nod before you all emerge from your cover and charge towards the group of enemies. As you cross half of the bridge, you see the elf smirking before incanting a few words...

(Elf mage: 2 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 3 + 1 = 9 vs 10 = 1 - 1 + 2 + 2 + 6 Dodge Mystel)
(Elf mage: 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 3 + 1 = 8 vs 1 = 1 - 1 + 1 Dodge Carola)
(Elf mage: 4 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 3 + 1 = 11 vs 11 = 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 6 Dodge Man)

A ring of flames erupts around you, but you and the man in brown coat manage to get out of it before it fully formed, although Carola remains stuck inside. While she's deciding what to do, you rush towards the mage, but one of the orcs intercepts your attack.

(Mystel: 4 + 2 + 2 - 1 - 1 = 6 vs 6 = 1 + 1 + 2 + 2 Intercept Red Orc)

He barely manages to block off your attack. In the meantime, the other orc says a single word which promptly engulfs his weapon in a fiery aura before he swings towards you with ferocity.

(Red orc #2: 2 + 2 + 2 + 2 + 2 + 1 + 1 + 1 - 1 - 1 - 1 = 10 vs 7 = 1 - 1 + 2 + 2 + 3 Dodge Mystel)
(Armor protection: 3 - 1 = 2)

Your chainmail protects you somewhat from the brunt of the blow, although you still end up with a shallow wound on your chest. You also notice that the man had stopped right behind you and was clutching a wand, surrounded by a dark aura.

---
Enemies:

Elf mage

Red Orc

---
Allies:

Man

Carola
---

Crimson

Empire 2

You decide to leave Saraquel to his nap while you attempt to sense the vibrations in the air for any possible threats. You hear sounds from small crickets to an owl letting out it's ominous chirp before flying off somewhere. Finally, you also hear two animals moving towards the clearing although you also sense something... odd about them.
---
Enemies:

---
Allies:

Saraqael
--

_DivideByZero_

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile

((Does my +2 to magic and 2 INT in normal form benefit my heal spell? Also what about the -4 to all rolls? It didn't seem to effect my heal.

Also the rod? Is it useless for healing, I mean, it is listed as a weapon so it would make sense.))

"Ah. Gratia! A spell I can use well!"

Switch to my rod and fire Umbra bolts at the queen. Twice.

"The darkness calls! Princeps autem in nocte, I shall be your guide."
« Last Edit: March 15, 2017, 06:00:07 pm by WunderKatze »

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

Neoexdeath

• Bay Watcher
  • Sass birb
    • View Profile

((Does my +2 to magic and 2 INT in normal form benefit my heal spell? Also what about the -4 to all rolls? It didn't seem to effect my heal.

Also the rod? Is it useless for healing, I mean, it is listed as a weapon so it would make sense.))
The healing spell you have right now does not scale with either INT or + magic bonuses (it would say so in it's description otherwise). Also, there are magical items out there that specifically boost healing done, but most magic enhancers are strictly for offensive spells.

Chrose

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Chug a potion, before attacking the nearest lizard again.
Arclight
Estratia
Horror Time
Illysia
Path of the Old Gods
Hellfire
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 34