Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 34

Author Topic: (Abandoned) (Roll 61) Roll to dodge: Estratia  (Read 42421 times)

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
Re: (Roll 20) Roll to get poisoned: Estratia (Full) *Waitlist open: 1/5*
« Reply #180 on: March 08, 2017, 02:37:29 am »

Become a servant? Did I come to this plane to ally with its guardians, under whom it has languished for so long under the influence of corruption?

Clearly, if you intend to command my worship, then I staunchly refuse. But if our interests align...
she distances herself from the ring, feigning disinterest. Of course, she wouldn't mind earning a reward...
...I may be willing.
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

Crimson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: March 08, 2017, 05:17:48 am »

Check first that the other guy isn't listening in before I start answering in a quiet voice.

"Here I thought you would think of me as crazy... Anyway, I don't know how or why the nightmare started. The moment I fell asleep, I woke up in the nightmare already as a prisoner. As for names, I remember a name and a title. There was a green imp-like creature named Balt who seemed to be the messenger of sorts. After that is this imposing figure in black and gold armor which the green imp called 'Grand Commander'. There was also another prisoner there though I didn't get to learn her name.

For places, let me try and recall... I remember them talking about the True Demon and how the resources used on it was a waste since it only destroyed Metrolia. Also, the Grand Commander mentioned something about an army and his invincible temple, whatever that is. He was asking the Green Imp if it was ready to attack Estralia.

As for how the dream ended... Well... the Green Imp and the Grand Commander seemed to be doing an experiment of sorts. They called in another imp and made it slap me as a test. It didn't hurt me in any way but after that, they made the small demon drink some sort of potion and thanks to that, the next slap from the thing managed to leave a big wound in my face. After that... they made it keep on attacking me until I fainted in the dream.

Thinking about it, everything about that nightmare was so vivid that it felt like I was there myself. Though the experience wasn't nice, it does make it easy to recall the details."
« Last Edit: March 08, 2017, 05:24:55 am by Crimson »

Neoexdeath

• Bay Watcher
  • Sass birb
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: March 08, 2017, 05:07:18 pm »

Roll 21
----
@WunderKatze One does not simply alternate between warrior and mage mode without consequences.
--
@NRDL Thanks man, that really means a lot.

--

Mercenary 1

You lunge full force towards the stupid lamia who dared to stab you, aiming your rapier towards her chest...

(Nix: 4 + 2 + 1 + 1 - 1 - 1 = 6 vs 8 = 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 4 Dodge Grey Lamia)
(Nix: 6 + 2 + 1 + 1 - 1 - 1 = 8 vs 7 = 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 3 Dodge Grey Lamia)

You manage to inflict a minor wound on the left part of her chest with your weapon, but she doesn't seem to be going down just from that. Before she has a chance to attack though, Daxon strikes towards her...

(Daxon: 6 + 2 + 2 + 2 = 12 vs 8 = 1 - 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 5 Dodge Grey Lamia)

He manages to cut her left arm right off with his scimitar. Your opponent falls on the yellow stone floor, clearly dead.

Victory! +12 exp, Daxon leveled up!

Your partner doesn't spare a second glance towards the dead lamia and turns towards you.
"Quick, rub these on the... um... damaged bone." he says, giving you three leaves which you recognize as the buala he looted earlier.

---
Enemies:

---
Allies:

Daxon

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
---

NRDL

Mercenary 2

Rhunon looks at you as if you're a lunatic but says nothing, instead taking a step back as you prepare to cast your spell...

(Roll to Destroy: 3 + 2 {Spell power} + 2 {Magic potion} = 7)

The shadow blast impacts with the stalagmite, creating a medium explosion of dark mist. As it clears up, you see that the path was mostly clear, except for the pieces of stalagmite that littered the floor.
"Nice, although I definitely wouldn't want to be the target of that spell." the elf remarks before continuing forward. You follow after him and, after walking through yet another cramped hallway, you come across two paths. One was a bridge going up north, while the other one was just going forward, which would be east. You can see a few millipuves flying around the bridge.
"I believe that if we continue on this path we'll reach the nest's core, where the queen is." Rhunon says after taking a glance towards each path.

---
Enemies:

---
Allies:

Rhunon

WunderKatze

Mercenary 3

You fell somewhat overwhelmed by the odds, but nevertheless you don't give up, focusing all your willpower in ending the fight. You then bring down your sword on the rogue, who was seemingly getting annoyed at your persistence.

(Antaeus: 4 + 2 + 3 + 2 + 1 + 2 + 2 - 1 - 1 - 1 - 1 = 12 vs 8 = 2 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 3 Parry Zal'har)
(Armor protections: 4 - 1 = 3 damage)

Your opponent stumbles backward as your sword cuts a large gash across his chest. Despite the severity of the wound, Zal'har manages to keep himself on his feet and once again tries to stab you with his trident...

(Zal'har: 5 + 3 + 1 + 1 + 1 - 3 = 8 vs 8 = 1 - 1 - 1 - 1 + 1 + 1 + 3 + 5 Parry Antaeus)

You just barely manage to bat off his spear with your weapon. A few second after that you suddenly feel relieved from the earth elemental's curse and you also see the ice covering Nez'gol cracking and then crumbling into pieces as he frees himself.
"A dirty move... but I guess it should be expected from you." he spits before taking his shortsword from the pile of ice.

---
Enemies:

Zal'har

---
Allies:

Nez'gol
---

Rethi-Eli

Mercenary 4

Vanina nods before leading you towards the northern exit of the city, across the bridge and through some wilderness until you finally reach the mountain. She walks towards a path leading up but you stop her and inquire about her magic.
"Oh, fire is my natural element, so most of my magic revolves around that, although I do know one air spell too." she replies with an indifferent expression. "What do you specialize in?" the woman then asks, eyeing your weapons curiously.
--
Alllies:

Vanina

--
Chrose

Empire 1

You glance towards the man to make sure he is not listening to your conversation. He was still in the same spot as you saw him before, so you just lower your voice a little to make sure he can't hear you.
"To be frank, this 'nightmare' seems too unusual to be just... that. A dream. Although, I don't really know what to believe about it." Carola replies with a quizzical look. "Was there anything odd last night, just before you went to sleep?" she then asked, but before you could answer you see the guy coming towards you two.
"Well ladies, the wheel is fixed now, so we can continue down the path. Unless you have other plans." he says after getting in front of you two.

---
Enemies:

---
Allies:

Carola
---

Crimson

Empire 2

The bird only chuckles to itself for a moment before returning it's attention towards you.
"Me, the guardian of this plane? Pardon me if I sound rude, but I am quite sure that you are confused about what power a deity possesses." Amarethon finally replies, cocking it's large head. "The only one that would come close to such a title would be the Goddess of Life herself, since She did, after all, create this world. The only reason I can appear here at all is because I am the one who created the two moral elements which reside here: Holy and Darkness." it explains, raising it's head once again and staring into your soul. "Finally, your worship would be absolutely pointless simply because I have my own plane in which I can fully manifest myself and where many beings see me as their God. All I ask of you is to serve me as my agent, and in return I shall offer you a fragment of my power and protection of your soul." it added with a blank expression. "And you may choose to... alienate yourself from me once you finish the task of killing this person. But only then and not a moment sooner."

---
Enemies:

---
Allies:

Saraqael
--

_DivideByZero_

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: March 08, 2017, 05:13:21 pm »

"Thanks."

Use the healing leaves, Cut off the Lamia's head with my sacrificial knife and put it in my inventory. Keep going.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Crimson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: March 08, 2017, 09:10:06 pm »

"No, it's fine. We've tarried long enough here so its best we go now. Carola, let's continue our talks inside the carriage once we're on the way."

Pack up all my stuff and get back in the carriage.

Chrose

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: March 08, 2017, 11:56:10 pm »

"Fire magic, I see. That sounds useful. I'm a swordsman aligned with the earth."

Geralt replied, before pondering for a moment.

"Once we're back in town, can you teach me fire magic? I'm willing to pay with the quest reward."

He asked Vanina.

"Give me a moment."

After finishing the sentence, Geralt proceeds to use Nature's Furnace, creating a stone sword from the mountain.
Arclight
Estratia
Horror Time
Illysia
Path of the Old Gods
Hellfire

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: March 09, 2017, 03:08:59 am »

The bird only chuckles to itself for a moment before returning it's attention towards you.
"Me, the guardian of this plane? Pardon me if I sound rude, but I am quite sure that you are confused about what power a deity possesses." Amarethon finally replies, cocking it's large head. "The only one that would come close to such a title would be the Goddess of Life herself, since She did, after all, create this world. The only reason I can appear here at all is because I am the one who created the two moral elements which reside here: Holy and Darkness." it explains, raising it's head once again and staring into your soul. "Finally, your worship would be absolutely pointless simply because I have my own plane in which I can fully manifest myself and where many beings see me as their God. All I ask of you is to serve me as my agent, and in return I shall offer you a fragment of my power and protection of your soul." it added with a blank expression. "And you may choose to... alienate yourself from me once you finish the task of killing this person. But only then and not a moment sooner."

Oh? That is an interesting tidbit of information. The originator of the moral elements?
What a crude imitation of the natural law, she thought to herself,
I must apologize for my foolish behavior. You have been patient with me. I will listen.

Cyfraith will probably accept the quest. She doesn't have any particular attachment to human life.

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: March 10, 2017, 12:19:38 am »

Follow.
Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
  • I came for the LNP, I stayed for the RTDs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: March 10, 2017, 01:18:31 am »

End this fight!

Thou art mistaken to challenge me, foolish mortal creature.
In the end, the winner is the one with the most snake venom.

Neoexdeath

• Bay Watcher
  • Sass birb
    • View Profile
Re: (Roll 22) Roll to dodge: Estratia (Full) *Waitlist open: 1/5*
« Reply #189 on: March 10, 2017, 04:18:19 pm »

Roll 22
----

Mercenary 1

You do as Daxon tell you and rub the three leaves where the lamia stabbed you. After a few seconds of rubbing, you watch as the hole closes quickly and you can tell that the poison has also been purged. You then move on to decapitate one of the lamias under your companion's quetioning glare, but after doing so you realize that you have no room left in your inventory. Not to mention that it would be dirty work to carry around a severed head. Anyway, you take a quick look around and see a strange plant growing from a crack in the floor near the north wall, a red crate near a hallway going south, four stacked ingots sitting in a corner and finally another hallway, although this one was short, leading west.
"What do you want to do with that lamia's head?" the relic hunter asks as you finish looking around.

---
Enemies:

---
Allies:

Daxon

---

NRDL

Mercenary 2

You both decide to continue moving forward. The hallway becomes wider as you walk until you finally come across a slope leading down. It looked you could come back up pretty easily, so you follow it down into a large opening. A quick look around told you that this had to be the queen's room, with about four circular holes dug into the northern wall, and in the largest one sitting a much bigger millipuf. There were also two other millipuves, although for some reason their shell was colored in a golden yellow with black stripes. None of them seem to take notice of you. Before you can do anything else, Rhunon urges you behind a small rock formation, which was the same icy blue like the rest of the floor.
"Alright, this is the queen. Those yellow millipuves are Nerims, they breed with the queen and take care of the eggs." the elf explains while drawing his bow. "Anyway, we both know what to do, so ready when you are." he adds.

---
Enemies:

---
Allies:

Rhunon

WunderKatze

Mercenary 3

You raise your sword and deliver the final blow.

(Antaeus: 2 + 2 + 3 + 2 + 1 + 2 + 2 - 1 - 1 - 1 = 12 vs 1 = 2 - 3 - 2 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 Parry Zal'har)
(Armor protection: 11 - 1 = 10 damage)

You easily crush his parry and then cut a deep gash starting from his left shoulder and ending at his right hip. This also completely ruins his leather vest. Nevertheless, the rogue leader falls bleeding a pool of blood on the floor, clearly dead.

Victory! +16 exp
Quest Complete! +3 exp {RES} to Antaeus, +2 exp {DEX} to Nez'gol. Antaeus leveled up!

"Nice work, but we still have a problem waiting outside..." your companion remarks, a loud bump and the door creaking interrupting him. The lizardman then starts running around the house, looking everywhere including inside the room to your left. The only things he returns with are two black bottles, a small bag of gold and a large parchment which looks like a map.
"Okay, no backdoor exit, but I might have just found another way out of here." he says as he placed the gold, the map and one of the bottles in his inventory, keeping the other one in his hand. "This a bottle of Blindflash, basically holy energy concentrated into light and stored into an enchanted bottle. I suggest you heal yourself and loot what you want before they break through the door." he explains as this time you hear a spell impacting with the door behind you.

---
Enemies:

---
Allies:

Nez'gol
---

Rethi-Eli

Mercenary 4

"Oh, sure, but..." Vanina trails off, watching as a few of the mountain's stones break off and start crumping together. It takes about a minute until they finally meld into each other and create a solid sword with a simple hilt and sharp blade, entirely made out of stone. You test it with your hands and, although you see that it can be wielded with one hand, it's also pretty heavy and unwieldly. And rather uncomfortable to hold since the hilt is made, after all, out of stone and you're not wearing any gloves whatsoever.
"Projection magic... that's very interesting. But I can only teach you elemental magic, which is somewhat different from projection, and not to mention that you're not naturally aligned to fire." she remarks as you give your sword a few test swings. "It would probably take some time for you to learn the basics, but if you're going to pay..." the woman mutters to herself.
--
Alllies:

Vanina

--
Chrose

Empire 1

Carola replies with a quick need before going into the carriage. You check the two dai-katanas sheathed at your waist and the bag you've been carrying which contains the rest of your belongings before following. Once inside, it only takes a few minutes for the carriage to begin moving forward again. You then resume your conversation with the girl.
"Well, I believe I asked you if there was anything odd last night before you went to sleep." she says, looking at you with curiosity. You note a large bridge leading to a stone building in the distance. A tall hill emerged from behind it.

---
Enemies:

---
Allies:

Carola
---

Crimson

Empire 2

"Hm. Well, perhaps they can only be called moral when in the pressence of each other." Amarethon remarks absently, as if just talking to itself. It quickly shifts it's attention back to you, though. "All I ask of you is to find and kill this man. He is called the 'Grand Commendanter' by his subordinates and lives huddled in a place I cannot reach." it explains. "There is a place in this jungle though, a Shrine I believe it is called, where you could find more information about him and his whereabouts. The entrance is located somewhere inside the Cathedral of Mirrors, in a red room to be precise." the bird continues. "I would suggest that you ask one of the inhabitants to lead you to this place." it finished before once again extending one of it's legs towards you, holding the ornate ring. "Now please, accept this ring from me. The power it contains may overwhelm you at first, but once you learn how to control it, you will easily accomplish feats no mortal or even one of your kind can."
---
Enemies:

---
Allies:

Saraqael
--

_DivideByZero_
« Last Edit: March 10, 2017, 04:22:16 pm by Neoexdeath »

Chrose

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (Roll 22) Roll to complete quests: Estratia (Full) *Waitlist open: 1/5*
« Reply #190 on: March 10, 2017, 05:16:59 pm »

"Let's head up to the Wyrm's nest."

Geralt said after he's done with the sword.

"What were you doing here anyways?"
Arclight
Estratia
Horror Time
Illysia
Path of the Old Gods
Hellfire

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: March 10, 2017, 05:39:22 pm »

"I'm tired of running into these things, maybe showing em what'll happen to them will scare them off. Or it'll anger them beyond all belief, and make them run into our swords. Either way."

Hold the head in my off hand, like a lantern or shield. Check out what's in the red crate.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
  • I came for the LNP, I stayed for the RTDs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: March 11, 2017, 12:04:43 am »

Antaeus nods, and pays his respects to the fallen warrior, even if he was an evil foe.

Loot the place for anything that's useful, and toss that crude hammer out to make room.

Very well. After we escape, and I receive... payment, I shall consider our contract henceforth terminated. It has been an honor fighting by your side.
In the end, the winner is the one with the most snake venom.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: March 11, 2017, 03:37:31 am »

I will find this 'Grand Commendater.' He sounds like a worthy opponent.

Cyfraith takes the ring and returns to her body. Slowly.

Crimson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: March 11, 2017, 08:49:14 am »

"Hmm... After our short bout, I went to the library to read something. In the end, I ended up reading a normal book called 'The Elements of the Arcanum'. Only thing notable is that after sometime and once I was close to finishing the book, I suddenly felt very tired and drowsy though that's probably due to fatigue. After that, I went back to my quarters, got my equipment ready, then I went to bed. Though I do remember that just as I was about to fall asleep... I felt something. There was a strange presence that suddenly appeared in my room but when I opened my eyes to try and confirm it, I was already in the dream."
« Last Edit: March 11, 2017, 09:39:46 am by Crimson »
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 34