Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 34

Author Topic: (Abandoned) (Roll 61) Roll to dodge: Estratia  (Read 42403 times)

Neoexdeath

• Bay Watcher
  • Sass birb
    • View Profile
Re: (Roll 5) Roll to Dodge: Estratia (Full) *Waitlist open: 1/5*
« Reply #75 on: February 17, 2017, 02:36:26 pm »

Roll 5
----
@Crimson: That's mainly to show that focusing on only accuracy or power is a bad idea, lol. Although it doesn't help that Carolina seems to having back luck right now.
--
Also, apologies to NRDL because I forgot to add Daxon's sheet.

--

Mercenary 1

Daxon nods in reply and follows just behind you. As you walk through the north hallway, you can already see a blue square carpet with yellow and red runes sewn on it and one lit candle siting on each corner in the next room. The fact that the candles seem to be made of solid gold only makes the shine they emit all the more dazzling to your eyes. Or well, the red orbs that took the place of your eyes when you were made into a skeleton. Anyway, just beofre you reach the end of the path, Daxon places a hand on your shoulder, making you stop. Before you can say anything, three brown lamias adorned with bronze jewerly emerge from the corner of the walls and rush at you.

(Lamia #1: 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 - 1 - 2 = 1 vs 3 = 1 + 1 + 1 Parry Nix)
(Lamia #2: 3 + 1 + 1 + 1 - 1 - 2 = 3 vs 7 = 1 + 1 + 5 Parry Nix)
(Lamia #3: 4 + 1 + 1 + 1 - 1 - 1 = 5 vs 7 = 1 + 1 + 2 + 3 Parry Daxon)

You both manage to parry all of their attacks, and before the lamias can recover Daxon launches a counterattack with blinding speed.

(Daxon: 2 + 2 + 2 + 2 + 1 - 1 = 8 vs 9 = 1 + 1 + 1 + 6 Dodge Lamia)

But the enemy manages to dodge his attack.

---
Enemies:

Brown Lamia x3

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

---
Allies:

Daxon

---

NRDL
- Parry Null (Placeholder){Exp: 2/5}

Mercenary 2

You decide to follow the path, meanwhile your ghastly armor slowly fades into nothing thus leaving you skeleton body exposed once again. Nevertheless, you trudge on for another hour, trying to ignore the sound of the wilderness around you until the path you were following just cut off in front of a line of trees. Simply by looking at them you can tell that they are unnatural. Nevertheless, you inspect your surroundings and see a large clearing to your left and a possible way to go around the treeline to the right. You also catch a glimpse of something moving in the clearing.
---

Enemies:

---

WunderKatze

Mercenary 3

"Good answer." the lizardman replies before gesturing you to come with him. You do so, following him through the south path to a small glade. You can see a brown wolf sleeping near a oak tree, but no Crimson Oranges around that you can reach. He opens his eyes and studies the two of you for a few moments before closing them again.
"I'm Nez'gol by the way." he says, completely ignoring the animal. "Uh, humans have names too right? What's yours?" he adds with a rather reluctant tone. It seems that the lizardmen know as much about humans as you do about them. After you reply, Nez'gol points towards a narrow path leading east.
"I see. Anyway, that way is our rogue kin's camp. We should be able to get a good view of it at the end." he explains before walking down said path. You once again follow him until you reach an opening in the trees. Using the bushes as cover, you look around and see quite a bit of lizardmen scattered around a large clearing with a river flowing through the middle. There were also a few wooden cottages, three of them in total. Most the rogues seemed busy doing chores or patrolling.

---
Enemies:

---
Allies:

Nez'gol

---

Rethi-Eli

Empire 1

"You may go ahead, although that also means that I may use my techniques too." Carola replies indifferently, watching you as you use both of your self-buff spells. You can catch a glimpse of surprise as you cast Magnet Body though. Anyway, your senses are as sharp as ever, all of them focused on your opponent's movements, while you also feel electricity flowing through your body. Dashing with greater speed than before, you attempt to bait her into attacking you, which she does, although she strikes with much greater nimbleness this time.

(Carola: 2 + 2 + 2 + 2 - 1 + 1 = 8 vs 9 = 1 + 2 + 6 Dodge Mystel)

You dodge the attack, and a small jolt of electricity courses through your hands, making you counter her attack.

(Mystel: 4 + 2 + 2 - 1 + 1 = 8 vs 7 = 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 2 + 1 Parry Carola)

You manage to go through her guard and inflict a shallow wound on her left arm, but she seems to completely ignore the injury and attacks once again unhindered.

(Carola: 1 + 2 + 2 + 2 - 1 + 1 = 7 vs 8 = 1 + 2 + 5 Dodge Mystel)

You dodge once again, and then you strike back.

(Mystel: 4 + 2 + 2 - 1 + 1 - 1 = 8 vs 10 = 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 2 + 4 Parry Carola)

And again...

(Mystel: 3 + 2 + 2 - 1 + 1 - 1 = 7 vs 12 = 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 2 + 6 Parry Carola)

But she easily parries both of your blows. Panting from the rush of adrenaline, you see that Carola seems to be acknowledging her injury only now.

"You are indeed very skilled with your blades, Mystel. I have seen enough for myself, so, shall we end the duel now, or...?" she says, sounding almost as tired as you.

---
Enemies:

Carola
---
Allies:

---

Crimson

Empire 2

You decide to experiment with your magic on the wolf, but in order to do that, you have to get close to him. You pull back the three knives you used to resist the effect of your Tempest before climbing down the tree and approaching the animal. He takes a step back and smells you, tilting his head with a confused look before slowly walking towards you. You figure it was probably because you don't smell like a human. Anyway, up close you can see that his fur was short and pointy, while he had two slightly longer fangs proturding from his jaw. You begin focusing on the Nature element, which is fortunately made more accesible by the fact that you're a wraith and you're in the middle of a jungle, and start channeling energy towards the two bite wounds.

(Roll for success: 10/10)

The channeling of the element comes incredibly easy to you, and you watch as a green glow began engulfing the first wound, leaving no trace of it behind, before it appeared once again on the second one. A few moments later and the wolf is now fully healthy and looking up to you in admiration while wiggling his tail.

---
Enemies:

---

_DivideByZero_
« Last Edit: February 17, 2017, 02:48:51 pm by Neoexdeath »

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 17, 2017, 02:45:35 pm »

I'm catching the distinct odor of elf.

Nayrous continues boldly into the clearing.
Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 17, 2017, 04:40:06 pm »

1. Use my taunt ability on the nearest Lamia. "Have at thee, you ugly wench."

2. Thrust at the nearest Lamia with my rapier.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Crimson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 18, 2017, 09:15:57 am »

"No. We should stop."

Mystel herself was slightly tired and considering that they both were going to be busy starting from tomorrow, it was best that they stopped.

"Thanks for the compliment by the way. Still, compared to you, I still have a bit more to learn. Anyway, sorry about the cut. Need any help treating it?"

Help in treating the wound if needed. After that, maybe a short trip to the library to see if Eric's still there reading. Present or not, go and search if there are any other spellbooks to try and see if I can learn anything else. If there's none about thunder element, then maybe try reading those of other elements. Although I might not be able to cast them, it wouldn't hurt to learn what kind of spells other elements have.

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
  • I came for the LNP, I stayed for the RTDs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 18, 2017, 10:22:08 am »

Leave, remembering the location of the camp. Head further in to the ruins of Metrolia searching for better equipment, but don't delve too deep. You never know what lies at the center of a land deserted...

Thine enemies seem peaceful, do they not? Nevertheless, mine blade is thine, and I have seen their aggressive tendencies. I shall return later, as I need to think in solitude of a plan.
In the end, the winner is the one with the most snake venom.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 18, 2017, 11:47:32 am »

The worst possible outcome. Now I am bound to this creature by fate.

"Say, what was that quest I had again? Maybe you could help me," she idly chats with the wolf while remembering that berry-picking quest.

Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

Neoexdeath

• Bay Watcher
  • Sass birb
    • View Profile
Re: (Roll 6) Roll to Dodge: Estratia (Full) *Waitlist open: 1/5*
« Reply #81 on: February 18, 2017, 02:18:54 pm »

Roll 6
----
Damn, looks like NRDL is having really bad luck with rolls today. Except for for his partner, who is rolling 6s like crazy.
---

Mercenary 1

(Nix: 6 + 1 = 7 vs 3 = 1 - 1 - 1 + 1 + 1 + 2 Dodge Lamia)
(Nix: 3 + 1 = 4 vs 6 = 1 - 1 - 1 + 1 + 1 + 5 Dodge Lamia )
(Nix: 1 + 1 = 2 vs 2 = 1 - 1 - 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 Dodge Lamia )

Only the first one falls to the taunt, and she charges towards you, dagger at the ready. You prepare to stab her with your rapier...

(Clash {AGI}: Nix: 5 vs 5 = 1 + 4 Brown Lamia)
(Clash {STR}: Nix: 1 vs 6 = 6 Brown Lamia)

You find yourself in a deadlock with the Lamia, but it takes just a second for her to throw you back with impressive force. She then moves in to attack.

(Lamia #1: 6 + 1 + 1 + 1 - 1 - 2 = 6 vs 3 = 1 + 1 + 1 Parry Nix)

She gets through your guard easily and stabs into your ribcage with force. Fortunately, you're a skeleton, so it's not very bad, but still... the damage caused will definitely hinder you a lot. Meanwhile...

(Lamia #2: 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 - 1 - 1 = 2 vs 10 = 1 + 1 + 2 + 6 Parry Daxon)
(Lamia #3: 5 + 1 + 1 + 1 - 1 - 1 = 6 vs 10 = 1 + 1 + 2 + 6 Parry Daxon)

Daxon expertly parries both of his opponent's attacks before countering with of them with incredible nimbleness.

(Daxon: 6 + 2 + 2 + 2 + 1 - 1 = 12 vs 4 = 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 Dodge Lamia #2)
(Daxon: 6 + 2 + 2 + 2 + 1 - 1 = 12 vs 5 = 1 + 1 + 1 + 2 Dodge Lamia #3)

He easily slays both of the lamias this time. He then turns around toward the last one and raises the palms of his hands towards it...

(Daxon: 4 + 2 + 1 + 1 = 8 vs 8 = 2 - 3 + 1 + 1 + 5 Dodge Lamia #1)

The last lamia barely manages to dodge the jet of water the relic hunter summoned, which proceeds to impact the wall and leave a medium hole there.

---
Enemies:

Brown Lamia

---
Allies:

Daxon

---

NRDL

Mercenary 2

You begin suspecting that this is an elf's doing and go to the left into the clearing. There, siting on a tree is... an elf, holding a bow with an arrow notched right towards you. He regards you warily for a few moments.
"State your business here, undead." he says in a harsh tone, still pointing the arrow towards you. Before replying, you glance around without moving your head too much, and see that there were a few rocks with strange small red and green gemstones proturding from the ground. You can feel magic coming from them. Grass and a few bushes scattered around completed the landscape.

---

Enemies:

---

WunderKatze

Mercenary 3

"Peaceful, right... until they raid a nearby village and kidnap humans to eat them." Nez'gol replies, rolling his eyes. Nevertheless, he goes back with you to the entrance of metrolia, where the other lizardman was. You can see that he had brown runes on his chest and a wand at his waist. He looks at you curiously.
"Oh, I forgot to tell you about my partner. He's Raz'ayek, and unfortunately doesn't know your language." he says.
"Anyway, I won't stop you from your 'meditation', just make sure to not get killed by some undead." he adds, leaning on a pillar. You nod and go into the ruins, following a small way littered with moss and rubble until you reach the stone path of the city. Looking around, you notice that you're in the western district. The houses right next to you are nothing more but piles of rubble and after a few steps you come to a four way intersection. It appears that you can either go east, north or south.

---
Enemies:

---
Allies:

---

Rethi-Eli

Empire 1

"Yes, we all more to learn. After all, we're still students, aren't we?" Carola replies with small smile.
"And don't worry about my wound, what kind of holy magic user would I be if I couldn't heal?" she adds before mumbling a few words you don't understand. One second later, you can see her injury get engulfed by a small light and completely disappear. The two of you then go into the Academy together before splitting up, the girl going to her wards and you going to the library. On the way there, you bump into Eric. You tell him about the duel with Carola and that you want to read more books about magic.
"Woah, you hit Carola? Now that's some news!" the boy remarks, chuckling.
"Anyway, I think you'll have to practice a bit more with those thunder spells you learned, because I didn't find any other beginner stuff around here. Although... I know a book that has basic information about most elements..." he then says before darting towards a bookshelf. You follow after him, and a few moments later he holds out to you an old book with yellow pages. You read the title: "The Elements of the Arcanum", before opening it. The way the book is writen is odd at best, but it gives quite some insign about the elements:

First of all, the four primary elements: Fire, Water, Earth and Air. Most of their users base themselves around one stat, fire on strength or inteligence, water on dexterity, earth on resistance and air on agility. Fire is typically used as a powerful weapon of destruction, most of fire related skills being either having an area of effect or can travel through multiple units, and inflict burns and sometimes debuffs to magical resistance. Water is the opposite of fire, and more effective against fire-users, and can be used to inflict long term effects that affect the battlefield, summon jets of high-pressure water to burst through enemies. Some users have proven that this element can also be used for effective area of effect healing, but only advanced magicians can hope to learn such techniques. Earth is a more defensive element, which is knows to be used to create barriers that defend against other attacks or to control the ground to your favor. Some can use earth to create equipment which they can use, which is categorized as projection, or even animate certain elements of nature into beings called 'Golems', which is called summoning. Most of the offensive magic is based around creating earthquakes, which have a massive area of effect, or to simply throw rocks at enemies. Finally, Air is the last of the primal elements and the opposite of Earth. Most of it's users have superior agility, which they can increase even more through skills, and all of their spells are area of effect, but perhaps what air is most known for is the fact that most of it's spells inflict a 'delay' status on the enemy. It's effect mainly revolves delaying their attack to always be the last while debuffing their accuracy slightly. This effect is powerful because it is inflicted regardless if the attack hits them or not.

As you reach the end of the chapter you beging feeling very tired, your eyelids heavy. Looking at the window you see that it's night already and that Eric had left, most probably to sleep. You consider going back to your bed or continuing to read the book.
---
Enemies:

---
Allies:

---

Crimson

Empire 2

Despite this being the best possible outcome, you believe that it is actually the worst. Nevertheless, you ask the wolf about your quest and he replies with a curious sound, obviously not knowing what you are talking about. Nevertheless, when you mention help, he quickly runs up by your side. You then look around and see two visible paths: one to the north leading out of the clearing and, in the south-east, the one that led you here. No signs of any berry bushes unfortunately.
---
Enemies:

---
Allies:

Wolf
--

_DivideByZero_
« Last Edit: February 18, 2017, 02:22:21 pm by Neoexdeath »

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 18, 2017, 03:04:54 pm »

(Sorry for the low-effort action. Was in a hurry to get one out.)

Cyfraith decides that a 'luna berry' is most-likely aligned with dark. With her new canine companion/tool, she decides to use its sense of smell to her advantage.

Experimenting with Darkness, she tries to conjure a sample of darkness--a mist or something similar--that the wolf may or may not be able to smell. She presents it to her companion.

"Saraqael, I want to you find this."

Afterward, she follows the wolf.

Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 18, 2017, 03:34:50 pm »

1. Use Aquapunga potion

2. Stab lamia.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: February 19, 2017, 01:58:51 am »

"There was no more room in hell, so I thought I'd take a walk up here."
Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: February 19, 2017, 11:33:59 am »

Head East.

Neoexdeath

• Bay Watcher
  • Sass birb
    • View Profile
Re: (Roll 7) Roll to Dodge: Estratia (Full) *Waitlist open: 1/5*
« Reply #86 on: February 19, 2017, 01:46:10 pm »

Roll 7
----
@_DivideByZero_ Don't worry about it.
---
Also, I forgot to mention that players may miss three rolls in a row before being placed on the waitlist on the fourth one.

Mercenary 1

You drink one of your Aquapunga potions. The brew begins it's effect almost immediately, greatly reducing the size of the hole in your chest, although a small gap is still there. Definitely not as aggravating as before, though. Anyway, you move on to attack the Lamia, who in the meantime was trying to stab you again.

(Nix: 2 + 2 + 1 + 1 - 1 = 5 vs 4 = 2 - 3 + 1 + 1 + 1 Dodge Lamia #1)

You just manage to hit her, inflicting a good sized wound on her serpentine body. She falls on the ground, limp.

Victory! +9 exp

"That was a rough hit you took there, are you okay?" Daxon asks, coming next to you.

---
Enemies:

---
Allies:

Daxon

---

NRDL

Mercenary 2

The elf looks at with an odd expression for a moment before bursting into laugher. You realize that he looks quite young by elven standards, with unkept brown hair and very sleek features. You also notice that his clothes are slightly torn.
"Well, you are certainly not a servant of Azygos." he remarks after regaining control of himself, before placing the bow behind his back and climbing down the tree with practiced ease.
"But still, what brings you to our forest... warrior?" he then asks, eyeing your broadsword, which you haven't traded for your wand yet. You take note of his unnatural yellow eyes, made even more proeminent by the reflection of one of the teal gemstones that was just behind you.

---

Enemies:

---

WunderKatze

Mercenary 3

You silently take the east path, which is, in fact, the path right in front of you. You walk for a few moments, trying to make out any treasure until you come across a small cottage. Or what used to be a small cottage, since all that was left was a formation of stone walls covered in moss with no roof. Anyway, you go inside and check around, finding 24 gold coins in a broken jar and a chest in which you find a simple mail shirt. You then make to resume the path but just after exiting the house, a translucid figure approaches you.

---
Enemies:

---
Allies:

---

Rethi-Eli

Empire 1

"Yes, we all have more to learn. After all, we're still students, aren't we?" Carola replies with small smile.
"And don't worry about my wound, what kind of holy magic user would I be if I couldn't heal?" she adds before mumbling a few words you don't understand. One second later, you can see her injury get engulfed by a small light and completely disappear. The two of you then go into the Academy together before splitting up, the girl going to her wards and you going to the library. On the way there, you bump into Eric. You tell him about the duel with Carola and that you want to read more books about magic.
"Woah, you hit Carola? Now that's some news!" the boy remarks, chuckling.
"Anyway, I think you'll have to practice a bit more with those thunder spells you learned, because I didn't find any other beginner stuff around here. Although... I know a book that has basic information about most elements..." he then says before darting towards a bookshelf. You follow after him, and a few moments later he holds out to you an old book with yellow pages. You read the title: "The Elements of the Arcanum", before opening it. The way the book is writen is odd at best, but it gives quite some insign about the elements:

First of all, the four primary elements: Fire, Water, Earth and Air. Most of their users base themselves around one stat, fire on strength or inteligence, water on dexterity, earth on resistance and air on agility. Fire is typically used as a powerful weapon of destruction, most of fire related skills being either having an area of effect or can travel through multiple units, and inflict burns and sometimes debuffs to magical resistance. Water is the opposite of fire, and more effective against fire-users, and can be used to inflict long term effects that affect the battlefield, summon jets of high-pressure water to burst through enemies. Some users have proven that this element can also be used for effective area of effect healing, but only advanced magicians can hope to learn such techniques. Earth is a more defensive element, which is knows to be used to create barriers that defend against other attacks or to control the ground to your favor. Some can use earth to create equipment which they can use, which is categorized as projection, or even animate certain elements of nature into beings called 'Golems', which is called summoning. Most of the offensive magic is based around creating earthquakes, which have a massive area of effect, or to simply throw rocks at enemies. Finally, Air is the last of the primal elements and the opposite of Earth. Most of it's users have superior agility, which they can increase even more through skills, and all of their spells are area of effect, but perhaps what air is most known for is the fact that most of it's spells inflict a 'delay' status on the enemy. It's effect mainly revolves delaying their attack to always be the last while debuffing their accuracy slightly. This effect is powerful because it is inflicted regardless if the attack hits them or not.

As you reach the end of the chapter you beging feeling very tired, your eyelids heavy. Looking at the window you see that it's night already and that Eric had left, most probably to sleep. You consider going back to your bed or continuing to read the book.
---
Enemies:

---
Allies:

---

Crimson

Empire 2

Calling upon your raw Magicka once again, you manage to form a ball of pure black mist that flowed in your hand in a spherical shape. The wolf cocks his head at the name you decided to call him, but then proceeds to smell a few times the black mist you conjured before darting south-east, back the way you came. You follow him to the main path and then go further east until you reach a small clearing with a bunch of berry bushes growing next to each other. Inspecting the berries, you see that they are indeed the Luna Berries you were looking for, with their distinct dark-purple color. Saraqael is siting next to a tree's trunk, looking proud of himself.
---
Enemies:

---
Allies:

Saraqael
--

_DivideByZero_

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: February 19, 2017, 04:00:00 pm »

Draw my sword, attack if they draw nearer. If I am outclassed, outnumbered, or unable to hurt my foe, retreat back the way I came. If the figure halts, attempt to reason with them. If they retreat, continue scavenging.

Halt thine approach if thou wish to live! If thou drawest any nearer, I shall treat thee as an aggressor and dispose of thee likewise. I wish not for combat, but I will not hesitate to strike thee down.

Crimson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: February 19, 2017, 08:05:08 pm »

Go to sleep but before that, make sure to take care of my equipment and have everything prepared. It's gonna be a long day tomorrow after all so having some proper rest and being prepared would be important.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: February 19, 2017, 11:54:44 pm »

"These bones can take a knocking. Let's move on."

Proceed further inwards, see if I can push bits of my torso together to seal up the gap. If not: *shrug* c'est mort-vivant.

((Yes, I used google translate.))
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 34