Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 34

Author Topic: (Abandoned) (Roll 61) Roll to dodge: Estratia  (Read 42383 times)

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
Re: (Roll 2) Roll to Dodge: Estratia (Full) *Waitlist open: 1/5*
« Reply #60 on: February 15, 2017, 02:18:05 am »

"Ahhh..." moans Cyfraith. "The cycle of life and death is an iron law of nature."
She twirls a knife around her finger, by the pommel ring.

"Still, still, it's not safe to have these things roaming around."

Cyfraith ascends into a tree, readying a loop of razor wire to throw at the anaconda, aiming to tie its heads together.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2017, 03:28:57 am by _DivideByZero_ »
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 15, 2017, 02:38:22 am »

"I see that being beasts does not make you immune to the logic of combat,

Reverenus logica, I lived and died under such logic."

The terrible ghostly knight charges the basilisk's front line, driving his broadsword into one of the emerald beasts, he then seeks to strike the light blue basilisk.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2017, 02:40:30 am by WunderKatze »
Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

Crimson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 15, 2017, 02:52:51 am »

I'm going to assume that the current in-story day is Saturday.

"Tomorrow's gonna be a long day... Hmm... For me, I'd like to visit the library again."

Erik accompanying me or not, go and find the library and look for books in regards to Thunder magic. Study them for a bit until nothing new can be found. After that a little walk outside and accompanying a few other students in their activities to kill time wouldn't hurt. When night comes, head back to the student ward for the final preparations then take a rest.

Neoexdeath

• Bay Watcher
  • Sass birb
    • View Profile
Re: (Roll 32) Roll to Dodge: Estratia (Full) *Waitlist open: 1/5*
« Reply #63 on: February 15, 2017, 04:04:40 pm »

Roll 3
----
You can check your inventory to see the description of any new items you find.
--

Mercenary 1

"Ah, straight down to bussiness, are we? Very well then, let us be off." Daxon replies, his smile broadening, before going out of the inn.
You follow after him through the streets, exiting the town through the northern gate and after about four hours of traveling through the desert, you finally reach your destination. The Pyramid of Theos wasn't as massive like the other pyramids you saw on your first journey through the desert, although it was impressive in it's own right. Before you was a massive staircase leading up to the entrance, which wasn't really covered by anything, with statues of various minor deities or holy beasts arranged in neat columns on either side of the staircase. The relic hunter turns towards you.
"Well, here we are! Before we enter though, I want to make one thing clear: the inside of this place is brimming with traps and monsters, so be watch your step." he explains. As you look at him, you also notice something sparkling in the sand near a palm tree.

---

NRDL
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Mercenary 2

The green basilisk hiss in response to your words, but don't move.

(Nayrous: 3 + 3 + 2 - 1 = 7 vs 5 = 1 + 2 + 2 Dodge Emerald Basilisk #1)

You inflict a large gash across the first basilisk's back before it can react. It sprawls on the ground, hissing loudly and bleeding profusely before going limp.

(Nayrous: 3 + 3 + 2 + 2 = 10 vs 8 = 1 + 1 + 2 + 4 Parry L. Blue basilisk)

You then manage to off the blue basilisk before it finished whatever it was doing. Hissing in anger, the last basilisk rushes towards you.

(Emerald Basilisk: 4 + 1 + 1 - 1 = 5 vs 5 = 1 - 1 + 1 + 1 + 3 Parry Nayrous)

You barely manage to bring up your sword and parry it's attack. Nevertheless, it looks like the fight has been almost decided.

---

Enemies:

Emerald Basilisk
---

WunderKatze

Mercenary 3

(Antaeus: 2 + 2 + 2 = 6 vs 5 = 1 + 4 Parry Lizardman)

You bring down your sword and slash a gash across the enemy's arm. The lizardman squeaks, attempting to stop the bleeding, but it was too late and in a few moments his body falls limp on the grass painted crimson by his blood.

*Fanfare* Victory! +3 EXP

As the good adventurer you are, you loot the corpse of any valuables, finding another Cycca Leaf and the hamer he was wielding. You proceed to place them in your inventory before taking a look around. You see the two lizardmen guarding the entrance to Metrolia talking to eachother for a few seconds before one of them begins walking towards you. He seems unarmed.

---
Enemies:

---

Rethi-Eli

Empire 1

You decide to go to the library first, Erik accompanying you.
"Heh, I see you finally want to learn some magic, eh? Here, let me show you some introductory books I found..." he observes before leading you to a shelf filled with books about various elements.
"Here you go." he says, handing you one of them and taking another for himself. You read the title: "Apprentice's spell guide: Thunder Edition.".

You both go to a reading table and begin reading paragraph after paragraph describing the basics of spellcasting, how the Thunder element works and the ways of how to control it. Finally, after about an hour of reading, you manage to learn a few basics and pick up two spells before closing the book. and placing it on the table. You look at Erik and see that he was still reading, so you decide to leave him for now and go outside. As you go toward a group of students, Carola walks up to you.
"Hey Mystel, nice job on winning that duel against Erik." she praised with a small smirk.
"Anyway, since we're both going to the championship, I wanted to ask you something." the girl then says, the smirk on her face being replaced by a serious expression. "I know you might be tired after all that happened today, but would you like to duel me too? To see eachother's skill levels better." she adds, glancing towards the training field.

---

Allies:

---

Crimson

Empire 2

(Cyfraith: 3 + 1 = 4 vs 8 = 2 + 6 Dodge Indinera Anaconda)

One of the anaconda's heads turns around just in time to see you throwing the razor wire at the base of their necks, managing to move out of the way before the wire reached it. The head who sighted you then proceeds to snap the wire in half with it's teeth, while another bites down on the wolf again just after he managed to get up.

(Indinera Anaconda: 1 + 2 + 2 + 1 = 5 vs 4 = 1 - 1 + 1 + 3 Black wolf)

The wolf whimpers as the anaconda lands a bite on it's shoulder, throwing him back the ground. It then prepares to attack again and finish off it's prey.

---

Enemies:

Indinera Anaconda
---

_DivideByZero_
« Last Edit: February 16, 2017, 08:27:35 am by Neoexdeath »

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
  • I came for the LNP, I stayed for the RTDs.
    • View Profile
Re: (Roll 3) Roll to Dodge: Estratia (Full) *Waitlist open: 1/5*
« Reply #64 on: February 15, 2017, 04:29:01 pm »

Attempt to reason with the lizardman. If that fails, resort to combat, trying to avoid a situation where I must fight both lizardmen at once. If peacemaking is successful, ask the lizardmen if they know the properties of the red fruit I found.

Listen closely, friend. There is no need for combat. Thine comrade attacked me for naught - I do not wish to kill thee or thine kin. Keep thy distance if thou wish to live another day.
In the end, the winner is the one with the most snake venom.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 15, 2017, 04:31:48 pm »

Go check out what the sparkling object is, then follow Daxon inside.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 15, 2017, 04:41:01 pm »

"Submit to your demise." Nayrous glares at the last basilisk before bearing down his Broadsword in an overhead swing. He attacks again if necessary.

If I win,

Take a look around the corpses for goods. Take any that are obviously good and then take a look around for a possible trail or path that might lead somewhere.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2017, 07:07:10 pm by WunderKatze »
Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 16, 2017, 01:42:22 am »

Cyfraith shrugs. At least anacondas aren't known to climb trees--now that's a scary thought!
One would think a wire wouldn't snap between pointed teeth. The idea of tangling its fangs using bait just went out the window.

She decided the least she could do for this wolf is encourage the anaconda to move. There's a big disadvantage to your one weapon also being your only way to move.

Cyfraith casually throws a couple of knives around the trunk of a neighboring tree to secure herself, then casts Tempest to roll the anaconda over.

Crimson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 16, 2017, 02:05:51 am »

"Well... Guess a duel should be fine."

Go to the training field and make sure that there's some distance between me and Carola. After that, a slight bow...

"I'm ready."

Draw both Dai-katana's then take a stance to indicate that I'm ready. When the battle starts, dash towards my opponent and bait her into attacking me. Dodge the attack, get to Carola's side then perform a counter-attack. If the opponent doesn't attack though, then just straight up attack, twice if I can.

Neoexdeath

• Bay Watcher
  • Sass birb
    • View Profile
Re: (Roll 4) Roll to Dodge: Estratia (Full) *Waitlist open: 1/5*
« Reply #69 on: February 16, 2017, 09:57:12 am »

Roll 4
----
I'd suggest that you use your abillities more often in battle, since your enemies definitely will (if they have any).
--
Also, I forgot to mention that whenever you win a roll using a weapon/skill or parrying/dodging, and also use buff abilities, you gain 1 EXP point for said skill/weapon type or defense type. When enough exp accumulates, you get a passive that increase stuff like parry, dodge, attack with a weapon type or a small upgrade in the skill's case.

--

Mercenary 1

Daxon looks at you as you go near a palm tree and pick up something. Wiping away the sand you find out that it was... a blue apple? You decide to show it to your patron.
"Ah, it seems you hit the jackpot my friend! This is a Sacj-dil apple, a very rare item. It is said that it was enchanted by the Godess of Life herself to increase the resistance of whoever eats it. You could also sell it for a good price, too." he explains with a wide grin on his face.
Anyway, before deciding what to do with the apple, you two head up the steps of the pyramid. The inside turns out be even more grandious that the outside, the first room you enter having many golden rod-like monuments placed in a square shape. There are also two ways you can go: a large path leading north and a small hallway to the right.

---

NRDL

Mercenary 2

(Nayrous: 2 + 3 + 2 - 1 = 6 vs 8 = 1 + 2 + 5 Dodge Emerald Basilisk #2)

The basilisk manages to dodge your first attack and starts backing away before you swing again.

(Nayrous: 4 + 3 + 2 - 1 = 8 vs 5 = 1 + 2 + 2 Dodge Emerald Basilisk #2)

This time it's unable to dodge and you almost cleave it in half with your broadsword.

Victory! +12 exp

You proceed to loot their corpses, but you don't find anything of value. Probably because they're just lizards. Anyway, looking around, you see the path you were following earlier and an opening to the left in the trees surrounding you.

---

Enemies:

---

WunderKatze

Mercenary 3

"I'm not here to fight you, human. And that leadhead was no comrade of mine, he was a rogue." the lizardman replies before walking the rest of the way up to you. You can see that this one had purple runes drawn on his chest and had a sheath which kept a shortsword with a geode encrusted on the hilt. You remain vigilant, but he shows no sights of aggression. You ask him about the red fruits, showing him one.
"Oh, that's called Tk'iumr, which is Crimson Orange in your language. It tastes pretty good." he answers casually. They're probably some common food around here.
"Anyway, me and Sar'nir saw that you're pretty good with that sword and I decided to ask you a favor: help me raid the encampment of our rogue kin. There's a good reward waiting for you if you accept." he explains, eyeing the dead lizardman. "What do you say?"

---
Enemies:

---

Rethi-Eli

Empire 1

Carola nods before following you to the trainning field. You both take a few steps backwards, placing about four metters between you two.
"I'm ready." you say.
"Good, let us begin then." she replies, unsheathing two swords and taking a battle stance just like you.
You dash towards her, hoping to make her attack you. She takes your bait, swinging her swords towards you when you get close enough.

(Carola: 1 + 2 + 2 + 2 - 1 + 1 = 7 vs 7 = 1 + 2 + 4 Dodge Mystel)

You barely manage to move away from her attack. Nevertheless, you take the offensive and strike...

(Mystel: 2 + 2 + 2 - 1 = 5 vs 8 = 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 2 + 2 Parry Carola)

And again...

(Mystel: 1 + 2 + 2 - 1 = 4 vs 12 = 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 2 + 6 Parry Carola)

But Carola manages to parry both of your attacks with relative ease. Both of you prepare for another round of trading blows.

---
Enemies:

Carola
---
Allies:

---

Crimson

Empire 2

You throw three knives around the trunk of a nearby tree, in order to secure yourself before before casting your Tempest towards the Anaconda.

(Cyfraith: 4 + 2 + 2 = 8 vs 3 = 2 + 1 Dodge Indinera Anaconda)

(Cyfraith: 2 + 2 + 2 = 6 vs 5 = 1 - 1 - 1 + 1 + 5 Black Wolf)

The gust of wind blows so hard that it throws the anaconda like a ragdoll, smashing it through a tree after which it's body was limp.

Victory! +6 exp

The wolf is also affected by the blast, but ends up only rolling over a few times. You watch the wounded animal struggle to get up for a few moments, then it looks at you with mixed fear and curiousity.

---
Enemies:

---

_DivideByZero_
« Last Edit: February 16, 2017, 11:20:28 am by Neoexdeath »

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
  • I came for the LNP, I stayed for the RTDs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 16, 2017, 10:52:47 am »

Accept the offer, and pick a few more of those Crimson Oranges if I can. Follow the lizardmen wherever they take me. Try to attack any foes that may beset us before they can land a hit.

Verily, I am intrigued. If there is glory to be had in the fury of battle, I pledge mine blade to thee. I shall aid thee, upon mine honor.
In the end, the winner is the one with the most snake venom.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 16, 2017, 03:08:59 pm »

"Let's take the open path north, I don't want to be trapped in tight corners."

Head to large path northwards.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 16, 2017, 03:39:50 pm »

"Farewell, I do not expect your deaths to be as fleeting as mine."

Nayrous follows the path.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2017, 03:41:50 pm by WunderKatze »

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 16, 2017, 04:05:08 pm »

"That's inconvenient, I didn't mean to kill it," she mulls to herself.
"But at least a fine opportunity presents itself,"

Experiment with Nature on the wolf; heal it's wounds.

Crimson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 16, 2017, 09:36:59 pm »

(Literally my worst possible enemy; a freaking parry monster. No way I'm going to win this.)

"... As expected, the difference between us is still too great."

Mystel looks at Carola with a slightly bitter expression before going back to her serious side.

"I seriously can't hold back against you. I hope you don't mind me using a bit of strengthening magic."

Activate Battle Focus. And if Carola is fine with it, cast Magnet Body as well. I barely dodged her the last time so I'll seriously need to use everything I have. After that, charge once more, this time approaching from the side then bait her to attack me again. Hoping that I successfully dodge, proceed with a counter-attack. Or if no attacks come, then just straight up attack.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 34