Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 34

Author Topic: (Abandoned) (Roll 61) Roll to dodge: Estratia  (Read 42409 times)

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
Re: (Roll 8) Roll to Dodge: Estratia (Full) *Waitlist open: 1/5*
« Reply #105 on: February 21, 2017, 07:19:58 pm »

"What is it that you require?" Nayrous accepts the work.

If he has the time before he must work, Nayrous heads over to the library to read up on dark magic.
Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
Re: (Roll 8) Roll to Dodge: Estratia (Full) *Waitlist open: 1/5*
« Reply #106 on: February 21, 2017, 09:31:28 pm »

"It's an improvement."

Cyfraith hurls the rock from her hands, attempting to imbue it with a massive burst of speed (i.e. supercharge my passive).

She then glides away, her bulky clothing acting as a sail to carry away her lightweight frame. (Use Tempest for this).
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

Neoexdeath

• Bay Watcher
  • Sass birb
    • View Profile
Re: (Roll 10) Roll to Dodge: Estratia (Full) *Waitlist open: 2/5*
« Reply #107 on: February 22, 2017, 12:25:02 pm »

Roll 10
----
Fixed the roll number in the title and added Sosoku234 to the waitlist.
---

Mercenary 1

You dip one of the lamia's daggers you looted into the water. As the blade submerges into the pond, you feel the weapon vibrating slightly, but otherwise nothing really hapens. You keep it like that for about a minute before raising the dagger from the water, and you realize that the entirety of the blade was now missing. As you study the remaining hilt, Daxon comes takes it from your hand and throw it into the pond. You see a white glimmer in the corner of your eye and in the next second, the hilt had also mysteriously diappeared.
"I don't like the look of this, maybe we should go and exp-" your partner is interrupted by something suddenly emerging from the pond. You both look with startled expression at what appeared to be the dagger from earlier which was now entire again and floating above the pond. It then suddenly darts towards you, seemingly possesed by an unknown force.

(??: 6 + 1 + 1 + 1 - 1 - 1 - 2 = 5 vs 7 = 1 + 1 + 5 Parry Nix)

You manage to parry the attack pretty nicely, the offending dagger stumbling backwards in the air. You and Daxon prepare to strike it down.

---
Enemies:

??
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
---
Allies:

Daxon

---

NRDL

Mercenary 2

"A bunch of Millipuves have started building a nest near the town and we need to drive them off before they become too agressive. Anyway, I still have a few things to do, so meet me at the entrance in an hour." Rhunon explains before taking her leave. You watch her as she goes to a group of small houses bundled together before you go to the library, searching for books about dark magic. You find an entire row of various volumes about the darkness element on a shelf. Most of them seem to involve things too advanced for you, although you manage to find about five that teach the basics: "The dark healing", "Curses and hexes", "Shadow of destruction", "Dark incantations for novices" and "Plague's grip". You estimate that you can barely read two of them in an hour, though.
---

Enemies:

---

WunderKatze

Mercenary 3

You try to loot the corpse, but you don't have enough room for them. One second later, you realize that you haven't equipped the mail shirt you got from the chest earlier, and in doing so you free up enough space for the now-dead Wraith's belongings. Anyway, you decide to not go any deeper into the ruins, which means not following the path you went on anymore because it seemed to lead to the town's square. Instead, you forage around, finding a small alley going south which leads you to a garden. Looking around you can see random patches of burnt grass and a few rotten trees, a bunch of mostly intact bushes growing arownd and the entrance loacated to the west. Maybe you could check around before leaving.

---
Enemies:

---
Allies:

---

Rethi-Eli

Empire 1

Rayes replies with a nod and watches as you haul the bag over your shoulder and run east into town. You then skip by a bunch of large stone houses and the Great Hall, take a right and finally arrive at the gate. You can see Carola talking to a man outside by a carriage cart with two horses. You walk up to them.
"Oh, I see you've finally arrived, Mystel. What took so long?" Carola says towards you when you get next to them. The man, wearing a long grey coat and simple clothes, only watches you curiously.

---
Enemies:

---
Allies:

Carola
---

Crimson

Empire 2

(Roll to success: 7)

You manage to infuse the rock with the same elemental energy that you use for moving your limbs, before throwing it at the oak. (Passive upgraded!)

(Cyfraith: 1 + 2 + 1 = 4 vs 5 = 1 + 1 + 2 + 1 Parry Blood-oak)

The tree deflects your rock with slight difficulty, but is mostly unharmed. You then cast your Tempest on him.

(Cyfraith: 1 + 2 + 1 + 1 = 4 vs 6 = 1 + 1 + 4 Parry Blood-Oak)
(Cyfraith: 1 + 2 + 2 = 4 vs 4 = 4 Cyfraith)

Unfortunately, this time your wind magic is too weak to affect the oak or even send you flying despite not opposing any resistance. Meanwhile, Saraqael charges in...

(Saraqael: 3 + 2 + 2 + 2 + 1 + 1 = 11 vs 6 = 1 + 2 + 3 Blood Oak)
(Armor protection: 5 - 2 = 3 damage)

His jaws manage to penetrate it's bark and deal quite a bit of damage. All of tree's red eyes suddenly focus on him, and suddenly black mist starts gathering in front of them, forming a massive black sphere which the enemy proceeds to throw at the wolf.

(Blood-Oak: 1 + 2 + 2 + 1 + 2 + 1 - 3 = 6 vs 8 = 1 + 1 + 6 Parry Saraqael)

Saraqael manages to parry the sphere, using his jaws to throw it in a random direction, although you can see that the impact damaged his teeth a little.

---
Enemies:

Blood-Oak
---
Allies:

Saraqael
--

_DivideByZero_
« Last Edit: February 23, 2017, 04:59:19 am by Neoexdeath »

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: February 22, 2017, 12:46:32 pm »

"Don't suppose you have a way to hurt this thing?"

Try to use the bronze jewels and see if any magic happens. Failing that, run past the thing to the boxes.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: February 22, 2017, 02:33:04 pm »

Nayrous pulls out "The Dark Healing" and "Shadow of Destruction" and immerses himself in the texts.

I once lived carrying a sword, now my ambitions lead me elsewhere.
Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
  • I came for the LNP, I stayed for the RTDs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: February 22, 2017, 03:31:22 pm »

Return to Nez'gol. Aid him in his endeavors to defeat the bad lizard peps.
In the end, the winner is the one with the most snake venom.

Crimson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: February 22, 2017, 11:54:00 pm »

"Sorry. Had a bad dream. Felt a little sick when I woke up so I tried to warm up by swinging my sword a bit. Kinda forgot the time till Paladin Rayes told me."

Bow a bit to apologize then prepare for the journey. Check that I have everything I need then get on the carriage along with Carola. Ask her about something:

"Sorry about asking suddenly but... what do you know about demons?"
« Last Edit: February 23, 2017, 07:07:23 am by Crimson »

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: February 23, 2017, 02:30:53 am »

(That wasn't what I intended to do with my Tempest... but it's okay, if the enemy aggros that easily to my companion.)

Cyfraith throws a pair of knives at the tree; she then attempts to tap into elemental energies, trying to send a jolt of thunder through her razor wires and lighting up an arc between the knives, hopefully igniting the tree. Maybe.

Neoexdeath

• Bay Watcher
  • Sass birb
    • View Profile
Re: (Roll 11) Roll to Dodge: Estratia (Full) *Waitlist open: 2/5*
« Reply #113 on: February 23, 2017, 02:26:21 pm »

Roll 11
----
@_DivideByZero_ I know, but your opponent was caught in the AoE since he was literarily in front of you. Kind of unlucky with those tempest rolls tho. Also, the blood-oak was aggroed by your companion because he managed hurt him pretty badly, and thus saw him as the immediate threat.
---
I need to stop forgetting to update the cooldowns of abilities.
---

Mercenary 1

"I still have a trick up my sleeve." Daxon replies with a wink as you attempt to use the bronze jewels on the floating sword to no visible effect. After that, you see in the corner of your eye Daxon raising his palms towards the possesed dagger, much like he did during the battle with the lamias...

(Daxon: 5 + 2 + 1 + 1 + 1 = 10 vs 4 = 2 - 1 + 5 Dodge ??)

The jet of water hits the dagger in the fullest, throwing it across the room with such force that the blade shatters in contact with the wall. Seconds later, you see a white presence take form in front of the two of you. It's appearance seems a unstable for a moment before finally settling for a tall man in what appeared to be fine clothing covering a breastplate and a katana at his waist, although what really caught your eye was the fact that his face was deformed to the point he couldn't be called human at all.
"You dared to defile this once sacred place, and for that, I shall slay both of you." it almost sounded as if more than one voice was talking. You don't have time to think about it, though, because immediately after he unsheathes his katana and charges at you!

(Ante Spirit: 1 + 3 + 1 + 1 - 1 - 2 = 3 vs 5 = 1 + 1 + 3 Parry Nix)

You manage to parry his attack, and then decide to run past him and go to the boxes, nearly slipping into the pond along the way. Nevertheless, you make your way to the boxes, leaving your partner to fight the ghost alone, and take the lid off one of them. (STR: 0) This task proves to be quite difficult due to the lid being very heavy, but after a minute of struggling you manage to move it away and then loot the contents: a healing Reagent and a pair of bracers.

---
Enemies:

Ante Spirit
---
Allies:

Daxon

---

NRDL

Mercenary 2

You take the two books from the shelf before finding a desk where you can sit at and read. You proceed with the first book, "The Dark Healing", and begin reading it. The volume starts with a basic description about how darkness can, under certain circumstances, be used to heal and cure instead of injure. It then immediately warns you that most dark healing spells will only work properly on dark-aligned creatures, while others will be cursed or even injured by them. Anyway, it then moves on to describing some of the spells, out of which you manage to learn only one. It seems that healing with the darkness element is pretty difficult for inexperienced users.
Nevertheless, you place the book aside and take up the next one, "Shadow of Destruction" and open it. The book tells you about one of the basic uses of Darkness, which is injuring and killing. While darkness can cripple through hexes and kill slowly through plague, it can also unleash devastating abilities that can rip apart most armors and flesh or even make your opponent's body decay and crumble to the core instantly. You find that the spells here are more easy for you to use, managing to learn two of them before closing the book. Finally, you get up and hurry to the entrance, where you find Rhunon leaning against a tree nearby, looking bored.
"Huh, I thought you were never going to come. Anyway, are you ready to go?" he asks.

---
Enemies:

---
Allies:

Rhunon

WunderKatze

Mercenary 3

You decide to go back to Nez'gol and aid him in destroying the rogue's camp. You take the west exit out of the garden, go north and find yourself back at the intersection from earlier. You then go west back the way you came and finally find yourself at the entrance. Both lizardmen were still there, guarding the entrance, and you tell Nez'gol that you're ready to go.
"Good, then let's not waste any more time." he replies before leading you back to the glade, where you notice that the wolf was gone, and then once again take the path east that led to the camp. You both sneak through the bushes until your reach the border of the clearing.
"Okay, here's the plan. The patrols are usually formed of groups of two or three. We're going to engage each of them when they get far enough from the others, then break into their main hall." he explains, gesturing towards a medium house next to a crop.

---
Enemies:

---
Allies:

Nez'gol
---

Rethi-Eli

Empire 1

"Ah, I see. Nightmares are usually caused by spirits who entertain themselves by corrupting our thoughts." Carola replies with a grimace before entering the carriage. You check your things one last time before following after her, while the man climbs onto his perch and begins directing the horses down the path. The girl stares out of the window, clearly bored.
"Sorry about asking suddenly but... what do you know about demons?" you ask. Your question seems to have surprised her, because she turns towards you with a shaken expression.
"Why do you want to... No, nevermind, don't answer that." Carola pauses for a moment. "Demons are a class of creatures that live in the Underworld, from the lowest imp to the terryifing Deveourers, and, the ones who trump all, True Demons. All of them save for imps have very limited access to our world, and have to be summoned in a ritual in order to attain a physical form here. Most of them are resistant or even immune to multiple elements and have powerful magical capabilities, with only a few specializing in physical combat. Also, as everyone knows, they love feeding on the emotions of intelligent beings." she explains with a sigh.

---
Enemies:

---
Allies:

Carola
---

Crimson

Empire 2

You throw two of your knives at the tree.

(Cyfraith: 6 + 1 + 2 - 1 - 2 = 6 vs 8 = 1 + 2 + 5 Parry Blood Oak)
(Cyfraith: 3 + 1 + 2 - 1 - 2 = 3 vs 7 = 1 + 2 + 4 Parry Blood Oak)

He blocks both of them, although the first one manages to lodge itself a little into it's bark, while the other falls on the ground. You then focus your Magicka once again, trying to channel electricity through the wires and into the knives...

(Roll to success: 2)

Unfortunately, you fail to channel the element and nothing really happens. Meanwhile, Saraquel growls and bites again at the enemy.

(Saraqael: 4 + 2 + 2 + 2 + 1 + 1 - 1 = 11 vs 3 = 3 - 1 + 2 + 3 Blood Oak)
(Armor protection: 8 - 2 = 6 damage)

Despite his slightly broken teeth, your companion manages to ravage the tree with a powerful bite.

Victory! +13 exp

It colapses with a hard Thump! on the ground. Meanwhile, Saraqael is busy spitting out wood from his mouth, and you notice that by some miracle he's mostly unhurt.

---
Enemies:

---
Allies:

Saraqael
--

_DivideByZero_
« Last Edit: February 23, 2017, 02:30:29 pm by Neoexdeath »

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
  • I came for the LNP, I stayed for the RTDs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: February 23, 2017, 04:04:13 pm »

Follow Nez'Gol's lead. Aid him in combat.
In the end, the winner is the one with the most snake venom.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: February 23, 2017, 04:31:42 pm »

"Over here you son of a bitch!"

Use Taunt on my ghostly opponent to draw their attention towards me, so Daxon can hit em from behind with another water spell.

Take the items from the box.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: February 24, 2017, 01:41:16 am »

"Forgive me,"

Nayrous follows Rhunon to his work. Also switch weapon to Carnem deleo (rod).

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: February 24, 2017, 01:44:52 am »

(Ah, cooldowns.
What I usually do is say "Ready again on turn X." That way if the next turn shows up the player doesn't have to check back to see if the cooldown should have expired.)

"I underestimated you..."

Heal Sarakiel with Healing charm.

Then pick blood-acorns and put them in my basket.

Crimson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: February 24, 2017, 03:06:59 am »

"Thanks... Sorry for suddenly asking."

If there's any stops in the way, get out and swing my sword a few more times. After that or if there are no stops at any point, then maybe a short nap would do, assuming I can do so even when on a carriage.

Neoexdeath

• Bay Watcher
  • Sass birb
    • View Profile
Re: (Roll 12) Roll to Dodge: Estratia (Full) *Waitlist open: 2/5*
« Reply #119 on: February 24, 2017, 02:39:24 pm »

Roll 12
----
@_DivideByZero_ I will consider it. Although I suppose that I shall post the roll instead of turn when the ability will be ready.
---
I'll be adding another player slot this weekend. The first character in the waitlist will be added in that slot.
---

Mercenary 1

Unfortunately, you're too far right now for the enemy to hear your taunt, so you take half the way back in order to get in range. Meanwhile, Daxon attack the ghost.

(Daxon: 1 + 2 + 1 - 1 = 3 vs 3 = 2 + 1 Parry Ante Spirit)

The warrior struggles a bit but manages to parry his attack. He then strikes...

(Ante Spirit: 1 + 3 + 1 + 1 - 1 = 5 vs 9 = 1 + 2 + 6 Parry Daxon)

But he expertly blocks the blow with his counter-scimitar before counter-attacking.

(Daxon: 5 + 2 + 1 - 1 = 7 vs 7 = 2 + 5 Parry Ante Spirit)

Despite his best efforts, the spirit once again parries his blow. You are finally close enough to use your taunt, and you do so.

(Nix: 1 + 1 + 1 = 3 vs 4 = 2 + 2 Parry Ante Spirit)

He glares at you for a moment but otherwise ignores your insult.

---
Enemies:

Ante Spirit
---
Allies:

Daxon

---

NRDL

Mercenary 2

"Don't worry about it." Rhunon replies as you switch to your rod. You the follow him through the woods, completely ignoring the main paths until you get to a relatively large cave. You can see that the lower part of the entrance being blocked by the trunk of a fallen tree, which you notice that was cut by something razor sharp.
"Alright, this is the entrance. We can both get through this opening, here." he explains, pointing towards a medium-sized gap at the top that the tree trunk didn't cover. He easily slips through, and you follow...

(Roll for success {AGI}: 5)

You manage to get inside without much trouble, although the process was slightly uncomfortable for your bones. Anyway, you go up to the elf who in the meantime lighted up a torch. You can hear a buzz sound coming from deeper inside.

---
Enemies:

---
Allies:

Rhunon

WunderKatze

Mercenary 3

You respond affirmatively and he nods towards you. You both then lie in wait for about two minutes until a group of three lizardmen, two with brown runes and shields and one with black runes dual wielding daggers, came across your spot. Nez'gol jumps out of his hiding spot and lunges towards one of them...

(Nez'gol: 5 + 2 + 1 + 1 = 9 vs 5 = 1 + 1 + 1 + 2 Parry Lizardman Guard)

He easily takes down the first one. You then follow in with a swing of your sword...

(Antaeus: 6 + 2 + 3 = 11 vs 7 = 1 + 1 + 1 + 4 Parry Lizardman Guard)

The enemy attempts to parry your attack, but you easily overwhelm and kill him. The last lizardman lets out a shriek before turning around to run, but you catch up to him.

(Antaeus: 6 + 2 + 3 = 11 vs 2 = 1 + 1 Parry Lizardman Rogue)

You slay him too.

Victory! +12 exp

Unfortunately, his shriek attracted another patrol, and this one seemed better equipped.

---
Enemies:

Lizardman Shaman

Lizardman Rogue

Lizardman Guard x 2

---
Allies:

Nez'gol
---

Rethi-Eli

Empire 1

"Oh, don't worry about it." Carola replies, returning her gaze towards the window. You decide to follow her example, watching the brown road ridden with holes as the carriage went on. It has been rainning a lot recently, so the ground was somewhat muddy, although it ought to dry up by the end of the day. You can also see a bridge built over a steep slope that led up a hill and to Saaris', the god of bloodshed, shrine. Fortunately it had been cleared of cultists and monsters some time ago by Tyrine's Crusader, so all that was really left of it was a tall building looming over you. As you continue analizing the building, the carriage stops abruptly. You glance at Carola who grips one of her swords before getting out, and you decide to do the same. Outside, you notice two red orcs talking to the man in grey coat.
---
Enemies:

---
Allies:

Carola
---

Crimson

Empire 2

You attempt to use your recently acquired spell to heal Saraqael's teeth, but realize that it cannot actually heal bone injuries. It looks like you'll have to find some other way to mend him and until then he'll have to endure. Despite that, the wolf studies you closely for a few moments before looking at you satisfied. Anyway, you move to the now dead tree and loot his acorns, although you are unable to place them in the basked since it's full of berries.
---
Enemies:

---
Allies:

Saraqael
--

_DivideByZero_

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 34