Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: Foxhole - Running with rifles but with crafting  (Read 9234 times)

Mattk50

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Foxhole - Running with rifles but with crafting
« Reply #45 on: February 26, 2017, 05:10:45 pm »

Well, tried it for half an hour.

Gathered scrap for 15 minutes, wandered around, got shot when I tried to do anything (nobody seems particularly organised. I found some people building stuff, some people running logistics and sod else. There were four of us trying to combat an attack, and I had a revolver I'd gone and scavenged.)

Then it was straight into spawnkilling. I dunno how people find that fun, may as well play some kind of reaction based clicker game.

Blame the game not the player in the case of spawnkilling, IMO wild spawns should always be at a predetermined point behind the first base of your faction.  Currently wild spawns needs to be camped with foxholes to prevent people from just spawning and fucking you up from behind when your trying to push the enemy back.

Unless you mean spawnkilling at town halls in which case there is no issue at all with that, the townhall will drop once they move heavy arms up and they gotta keep it secure until then.

Weirdly enough, this game has absolutely no Steam reviews.

I mean, you'd expect at least a few given that some people play it.

free demos cant be reviewed on steam

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 01, 2017, 06:05:53 pm »

There's some pretty cool after action reports out on youtube about this game: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XV8DL8BECJM

I enjoyed watching this even if my experiences with the game weren't always great.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

QuakeIV

• Bay Watcher
  • Cant resist... must edit post.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 01, 2017, 06:46:11 pm »

Played for a few hours, its not all that great as it stands in my opinion.  Harvesting resources is excessively grindy beyond what is reasonable (you need to whack fuel barrels for a good while to get gas cans to fuel up your truck).  The community are also kindof donglords.  At one point I picked up some ammo off of the ground, then some guy started screaming at me about stealing.  Instead of asking it back he tells his friends to throw grenades at me, so I proceed to yakkity sax around and kill them all with my pistol.  Then they scream on allchat about all the kill reports and get me hourbanned.

The general formula has got a lot of potential, but mild dickishness and needlessly grindy eco kindof kills it for me.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2017, 06:47:49 pm by QuakeIV »
GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
I wish my grass was emo, then it would cut itself.
Quote from: Jesus
Quote from: The Big Fat Carp
Jesus, you broke the site!
Sorry, Bro.
link to quote

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 01, 2017, 07:43:00 pm »

Like in real war, not every soldier is going to be the honor vanguard, special ops, high morality, infinite patience type.

You'd be surprised how often that exact scenario has occurred in real-world circumstances :P
Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 21, 2017, 08:19:23 am »

Just gonna leave this copy paste from an irc log here (some responses from other people snipped):

13:23   Radio_Controlled   Had another good game of foxhole this weekend, by the way.
13:24   Radio_Controlled   We came back from being down to 3 towns vs like 5/6 by -actual teamplay-.
13:24   Radio_Controlled   One guy who clearly knew what was what and knew the map, he organized and I acted as a lieutenant of sorts.
13:25   Radio_Controlled   Doing logistics isn't nearly as bad if you know it's for a good cause and you know the shit will actually be used (as opposed to wasted or captured).
13:25   Radio_Controlled   Best part was when I managed to trick the enemy into destroying two of their own trucks.
13:26   Radio_Controlled   We're assaulting this base (building up some defenses with captured materials) and I sally forth to try and relieve some pressure and distract them.
13:27   Radio_Controlled   I see an enemy truck, underguarded.
13:27   Radio_Controlled   I sprint to it and jump in.
13:27   Radio_Controlled   So now they either had to kill their own truck or watch me drive off with all their shit.
13:27   Radio_Controlled   They destroy it, I jump out and run behind a wall and retreat.
13:28   Radio_Controlled   Check ammo, only 1 nade and 2 smg bullets. So, I assault another truck, throw a nade at it and retreat.
13:29   Radio_Controlled   They get out and chase me, I double back and shoot my last two bullets at the guy trying to enter the back of the truck. Doesn't kill him, so I punch him to death (my first melee kill in the game).
13:30   Radio_Controlled   His buddy was standing on the far side of the truck, and in his eagerness to get to me sprays me with his smg, but mostly just hits their truck and it goes off.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Enguard

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 29, 2017, 10:08:58 pm »

I've played a couple hundred hours of RWR, and I would highly recommend it :D
And RWR is 50% off till April 4th because there was a new update for it.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 29, 2017, 10:13:44 pm »

Yes, Escaped Lunatic, we've got a thread for that.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #52 on: March 29, 2017, 10:50:21 pm »

PTW

FireCrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 05, 2017, 02:44:15 am »

New update for Foxhole is out. They've released factories, howitzers, garrisons and revamped logistics.
http://www.foxholegame.com/single-post/2017/03/31/Foxhole-0026-Release-Notes

By the way, the best way to have fun in foxhole is to join one of the major clans. Every week, all the clans get together and fight each other in the Weekly War.

There are quite a few large/major clans in the game, but PUG is famous for being undefeated and the most skilled clan. I've played with them during the last weekly war and they managed to win the game against three major warden clans (82DK, 501st, EDGE) on their own. Also, it's the clan featured in Krazy's war report videos that was posted by someone else.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 07, 2017, 04:19:14 pm »

This is right up my alley.
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian

Heretic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 09, 2017, 04:10:36 pm »

PTW this necro. Game still superalive with thousands of players now. Probably we can try to create bay12 sqad?

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 09, 2017, 05:05:29 pm »

Thousands of players, seriously? Might have to give it another shot. Looking at a video or two it looks much better than when I first played the alpha.

Heretic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 09, 2017, 05:10:14 pm »

more than 20-30 servers 100 vs 100 players each))
Thousands of players, seriously? Might have to give it another shot. Looking at a video or two it looks much better than when I first played the alpha.

JamesCorella

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Account Lets Plays
« Reply #58 on: August 09, 2017, 06:07:49 pm »

Sounds pretty awesome, wish I could have tried it when it was free :P.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 09, 2017, 08:41:58 pm »

Just played it for a while, afraid to do anything in case I screw it up for the rest of my team. Server I joined on we were pushed back to pretty much our last base with no resources and some guy locked all the trucks so we had to go on foot back and forth until we could build a truck.

Going to see if there's a server I can actually be useful in...
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5