Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 13

Author Topic: Eschaton IC: An Utter Trainwreck  (Read 15927 times)

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Eschaton IC: An Utter Trainwreck
« on: February 03, 2017, 07:36:13 am »

Have you ever been in that situation where you're doing something and all of a sudden you just have remind yourself what exactly you're doing? Perhaps it's happened when you were tired. Perhaps it's happened when you were focused. Or perhaps, it's never happened to you at all. If that's the case, then consider this your first experience with it. Only normally, you actually remember what you're doing.

This time, you don't.

You took a step back to recollect your thoughts, but there were no thoughts to collect.

You're just standing here, in a room you don't recognize, next to people you don't recognize, in front of a pile of weapons that, while you really, really, want to say aren't yours, you have the sinking suspicion are indeed yours.

Okay. Let's start from the top shall? Your name is-, okay, you know your name. You're disoriented, not amnesic. You know your name, you know your story. You just can't remember why you're here. Here, in a hotel suite, an awfully swanky one at that, with a flat screen television, mahogany furniture, and cream-colored walls, one of which someone apparently decided to carve the words "They are coming" upon. Vagueness aside, the message probably could have been a bit ominous had they picked a font more menacing than Helvetica Bold, but instead it just comes off as plain bewildering. Bewildering like the pile of assorted weapons-slash-impending-criminal-indictments lying on the floor.

If you were to look through the pile, you may, or may not be able to identify its constituent objects to consist of: one FN SCAR-L assault rifle with spare magazine, one PGM 338 sniper rifle with spare magazine, one Benelli M4 shotgun with five spare shells, three Glock 17 handguns, five nightsticks, two riot shields, a baseball bat, a 15th century swiss halberd, two pairs of nunchucks, a cheap water pistol, a glass shiv, a fire axe, a flanged mace, four potted saguaro cacti, and an awfully large marital aid with two spare batteries.

You don't know how they got here, why anyone would need this exact combination of weapons, or why, after going through all the trouble of acquiring and transporting said weapons, someone would then proceed to leave the curtains and windows open. But they are, you don't even have to look, you can hear crashing of the waves and smell the ocean's scent.

So here you are, standing in a room with six strangers staring at a pile of weapons and the literal writing on the wall, wondering how the fuck you got here. Not exactly the greatest start to the day.

OOC Thread
« Last Edit: April 18, 2017, 05:05:13 am by Empiricist »
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
Re: Eschaton IC: Welcome to Nowhere
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2017, 07:41:35 am »

((Can't post right now but PTW for now))
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2017, 12:10:24 pm »

Ok. Calm down. You prepared for this. You prepared for everything. Step one, check your surroundings.

Tom's left hand slides into his pocket causally, subtly grasping the knife therein, as his right counts the people in the room one by one. He then looks down to the pile of weapons, counting the guns in the same way.

Six of us. Six guns. If they are friendly, there is enough for everyone. If they aren't, there is almost enough for just me.

I don't know were I am, or what is going on. I will have to assume I am here against my will and was some how whisked away for an unknown purpose.

Wait a tick. Whisked away. Six guns. Six of us. Gah! What if its six o'clock too? Putting it all together can only mean one thing!

"OHMYGODITSTHERAPTURETHEGREATTRIBULATIONSAREUPPONUSTHOSECRAZYFADLIESWERERIGHTIKNEWISHOULDN'THAVE
CARVEDOUTTHATBIBLETHEYGAVEMETOHIDETHEGLOCKOHGODISTHATWHYI'MHEREI'MSOSORRYITWASJUSTTHEONLYBOOK
BIGENOUGHANDITWASFREEANDTHETEMPTATIONISSTRONGANDIDON'TWANNADIIEEEEEEEE!"

Thomas immediately falls to his knees, puts his hands behind his head as he shakes it back and forth as he rants to himself while starring into the carpet.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2017, 03:50:51 pm »

Iris looks understandably disconcerted.
...that's it, really. She sort of just... stands there and looks around, weakly reacting to oddity after oddity.
thincake

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2017, 03:57:37 pm »

Arun stands there dumbfounded for a moment, but then notices the man having an emotional breakdown. He kneels down to be at Tom's eye level:

"Chap, calm down. This isn't...probably the rapture. What's your name? I'm Arun."
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2017, 04:27:25 pm »

"Not...the....Rapture? Right, of course not!"

Tom stands back up as if nothing had happened, again slipping his hand into his pocket.

The water gun makes seven! There are seven guns! If only as a technicality, the numbers would have to be 676, certainly not a sign of the end times. So long as we are careful not to lose any, this can't be the Rapture!

"I'm Thomas. Since none of you have jumped the guns and shot me yet, I guess we are all in this together."

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2017, 04:36:34 pm »

"Yeah, speaking of those guns... Does anyone know how we got here?"

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2017, 04:40:24 pm »

"Not me." Rachel says, looking around the room, her face showing evident concern. "Is everyone here a heavy drinker? We might have all gone on a bender and forgot..."
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2017, 04:47:47 pm »

PTW
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2017, 04:54:07 pm »

"Not me." Rachel says, looking around the room, her face showing evident concern. "Is everyone here a heavy drinker? We might have all gone on a bender and forgot..."

"Never touched the stuff. Family history on my mom's side. Both grandparents were alcoholics. Met at an AA meeting. It was more romantic then it sounds....Uh, anyways, does anyone have a phone connection?"

Tom walks over to the guns, picking up the FN SCAR-L and flipping the safety.

"Looks like its got a fun switch, its a military rifle not a 16S anyone can get ahold of. Its not quite illegal for civilians, but the amount of paperwork and red tape is staggering...."
« Last Edit: February 03, 2017, 06:19:18 pm by Stirk »

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2017, 05:00:38 pm »

Arun pulls out his cell to check for service.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2017, 05:23:59 pm »

Arun pulls out his cell to check for service.
No cell reception, no WiFi either for that matter.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2017, 05:35:42 pm »

Iris withdraws her own phone - noting with a brief noise of disgust the lack of reception - and taps out a quick message.
She looks for someone who's not occupied she can show it to.
thincake

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2017, 05:53:38 pm »

"Guess there aren't any towers in range..."

She looks for someone who's not occupied she can show it to.
"Huh, did you find reception?"

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
  • coming to you live from the action
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2017, 06:31:46 pm »

Janet's eyes open, and she is no longer greeted with the comforting view of the bar floor after a night's drinking. Instead, she is standing, and in a room full of strangers.

She immediately doubles over and vomits, still recoiling from the last drinking session, although that seems to make her feel surprisingly better.

Looking around the room, she notices the pile of weapons, and the people around her, before she sits down with her head in her hands, groaning.

"Why'd I have to drink so goddamn much...."
Quote from: Sergarr
When in doubt, use puns.
Quote from: Calidovi
in our own special way we are all shitpost
each day, when the sun shines and greets us with a smile, at least one of us finds that inner strength to spout bullshit on a forum revolving around the systemized slaughter of midgets
dont call me a shitposter, call me a spirit one with the shitpost atman
Quote from: Descan
that's pretty gay
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 13