Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3534 3535 [3536] 3537 3538 ... 3563

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 4152897 times)

Flying Teasets

• Bay Watcher
  • another nation, or a non-governmental entity
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread
« Reply #53025 on: July 13, 2024, 08:01:29 pm »

Any self-described centrist in the US is de-facto just a fascist sympathizer
Opportunist. Don't fall into the trap the communists did in their anti-fascist messaging.
Flying Teasets is stricken by melancholy!

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
  • Лишь одна дорожка да на всей земле
    • View Profile
« Reply #53026 on: July 13, 2024, 08:21:56 pm »

What's really haunting is that just a few weeks before, I wrote about a far-right president being shot in the head just before the election. Except there, the assassin didn't miss.
Woe to those who make unjust laws, to those who issue oppressive decrees, to deprive the poor of their rights and withhold justice from the oppressed of my people, making widows their prey and robbing the fatherless. What will you do on the day of reckoning, when disaster comes from afar?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #53027 on: July 13, 2024, 08:29:21 pm »

What's really haunting is that just a few weeks before, I wrote about a far-right president being shot in the head just before the election. Except there, the assassin didn't miss.

MTF confirmed as Alan Wake.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #53028 on: July 13, 2024, 08:31:04 pm »

Any self-described centrist in the US is de-facto just a fascist sympathizer
Opportunist. Don't fall into the trap the communists did in their anti-fascist messaging.

Anyone who is willing to go "well okay but what if..." after jan 6th, and especially with what's coming out about project 2025, is okay with what these people are pushing for. Fuck suger-coating it. If someone takes offense to being called that, not my fucking problem.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2024, 08:45:12 pm by Random_Dragon »
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #53029 on: July 13, 2024, 08:44:31 pm »

SS is telling reporters Trump was hit by glass when the bullet struck his teleprompter. He didn't actually get grazed by a bullet. Which tracks, because he still has an ear.
This was apparently false, reportedly the teleprompter was not hit.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #53030 on: July 13, 2024, 09:26:50 pm »

Yeah, and is clear after the shots showing the bullet go past.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Flying Teasets

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53031 on: July 13, 2024, 09:59:32 pm »

Saw the Nick Fuentes meme. Was Trump's shooter a white supremacist?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #53032 on: July 13, 2024, 10:00:56 pm »

FALSEFLAGFALSEFLSGFALSEFLAG
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Flying Teasets

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53033 on: July 13, 2024, 10:07:35 pm »

FALSEFLAGFALSEFLSGFALSEFLAG
Long knives really

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #53034 on: July 13, 2024, 10:12:03 pm »

Nobody knows at the moment, and it likely won't be for several days (at best, if ever) that the news unfucks itself enough to report anything approaching accurately.

If we're doing asspulls, though, my longshot bet is it is a rightwinger, one really deep in the media bubble but heavily invested in self-identifying as a pro-democracy patriot, that stopped one day and actually read shit like project 2025, really looked at what the GOP's been proposing -- and then flipped the fuck out over it. Hardcore far right extremist that didn't twist themselves into a pretzel trying to justify the hypocritical nonsense being proposed by their fellow travelers in relation to the subject, and instead turned to the "2A solution" conservative voices have been stumping for for the last while.

That'd be a bingo card hit from hell, really.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #53035 on: July 13, 2024, 10:13:37 pm »

If we're doing asspulls, though, my longshot bet is it is a rightwinger, one really deep in the media bubble but heavily invested in self-identifying as a pro-democracy patriot, that stopped one day and actually read shit like project 2025, really looked at what the GOP's been proposing -- and then flipped the fuck out over it. Hardcore far right extremist that didn't twist themselves into a pretzel trying to justify the hypocritical nonsense being proposed by their fellow travelers in relation to the subject, and instead turned to the "2A solution" conservative voices have been stumping for for the last while.

Sounds about as likely to exist as a good cop but god damn would it be funny if this was a "snake eating its own tail" kinda thing.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #53036 on: July 13, 2024, 10:41:50 pm »

This is the most obvious false flag of all time. Trump's protection had been half assed and lax since 2020, everybody would rather him be dead and he knows it. When he got shot he fucking turned around smiling like a schoolchild! Anything that would put one of the many Liberal Right VPs that are happily willing to sanitize the entire Reactionary Right agenda in order to secure a spot in upper management in the President's seat is something that 90% of the people with the most power in this country will support. Anything that would let the Liberal majority go back to pretending that none of this is actually happening and their own reality is true over the facts of the matter.

For my money it doesn't have to be a paid actor for it to be a baited attack. It just has to be someone who's hurt enough to consider and plan it well enough to not get caught while also not being smart enough to realize it's a really bad idea.

I don't foresee anything about this ending well. This might have handed him the election and gives justification for the right-wing crazies to be more violent.
Odds of a junta within the next year?
Scarily high

The military's political makeup is quite incredibly famously opaque to most people. You'd have to have personally collated a lot of information from people serving at all levels in all branches to get a good idea of whether a junta in support of Reactionary Conservatism would gather the necessary support. My own inexpert civilian opinion is that there'd be a big split between Commisioned Officers - typically Liberal left or right from what I can tell - and enlisted officers - over-representing Reactionary extremists - without even getting started on the full spectrum of opinion that comes from all enlisted grunts that actually move the machinery of all branches of the US military. I'd invite anyone with more knowledge to speak on the topic.

Trump says he heard the bottle whizz past and tear through his ear.

"I've heard these bullets whizzing past my ear, folks. We've been expect- ah, *sniff* we haven't ever seen, seeing an attack like this before, a big one! I've heard them talking on, on their on *sniff* Elon's big twitter folks. Big bullets, I've heard some say the biggest  ::) Shot by an enemy *crowd begins applauding* that hates, hates our big beautiful country folks! And this *indecipherable maybe slur* *crowd begins screaming incoherently, pushing the counter towards probably slur * thinks these big, ah *coke sniff* Behg bullets can big *crowd applauds hard enough to peak the mics* bigger than- than, than Trump?
« Last Edit: July 13, 2024, 10:55:21 pm by ggamer »

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #53037 on: July 13, 2024, 10:57:54 pm »

Military's more diverse, both demographics and politics wise, than the general population, iirc, plus there's a pretty serious organizational culture norm of staying out of domestic political issues. A military junta in the near future is pretty staggeringly unlikely.

Some other sort of junta, well... there's already been one violent coup attempt in the last decade. Harder to say on that front :-\
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #53038 on: July 13, 2024, 11:06:12 pm »

Military's more diverse, both demographics and politics wise, than the general population, iirc, plus there's a pretty serious organizational culture norm of staying out of domestic political issues. A military junta in the near future is pretty staggeringly unlikely.

Some other sort of junta, well... there's already been one violent coup attempt in the last decade. Harder to say on that front :-\

I have a book, "Armies and Politics" that's supposed to be a marxist analysis on the role of militaries in revolutions both left and right wing the world over. I only read far enough to get a general understanding on the topic the book was trying to tackle, but this might be more relevant reading in current times.

Also could you imagine? Only bitch boy fascists could imagine such a fucking boring aesthetic and structure to give their revolution as Junta it's so serving their crippling lack of art education

Like america is too post ironic culturally an attempt to project power through aesthetic like that. like we live in fucking Tunisia. Al-Abdin at the very least had the presence of mind to use that aesthetic messaging in a country that viewed Western Democracy in a positive mythologized light and didn't have hundreds of years of lived in experience on why it's so shitty, and even then that attempt failed after a measly 20 years! Just pathetically obvious that their heteronormative code of sexual honor or death completely obliterates any sense of expression or creativity, and makes them easier to identify and more satisfying to crush :)
« Last Edit: July 13, 2024, 11:13:08 pm by ggamer »

Flying Teasets

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53039 on: July 13, 2024, 11:50:05 pm »

Leak has allegedly ID'd the shooter; more to come?
Pages: 1 ... 3534 3535 [3536] 3537 3538 ... 3563