Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3533 3534 [3535] 3536 3537 ... 3563

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 4152350 times)

anewaname

• Bay Watcher
  • The mattock... My choice for problem solving.
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread
« Reply #53010 on: July 13, 2024, 06:59:06 pm »

Trump certainly is going to behave a lot differently now. For all the times he has been threatened by others, it probably never involved a direct physical threat of this sort.

Edit: He will expose himself less to risk ... He won't change his social behaviour.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2024, 07:15:06 pm by anewaname »
Quote from: dragdeler
There is something to be said about, if the stakes are as high, maybe reconsider your certitudes. One has to be aggressively allistic to feel entitled to be able to trust. But it won't happen to me, my bit doesn't count etc etc... Just saying, after my recent experiences I couldn't trust the public if I wanted to. People got their risk assessment neurons rotten and replaced with game theory. Folks walk around like fat turkeys taunting the world to slaughter them.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #53011 on: July 13, 2024, 07:03:08 pm »

Nah, there's no way he's not going to use this to drum up even more violence, I suspect.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #53012 on: July 13, 2024, 07:04:55 pm »

also why are img tags so goddamn huge in this forum ffs

You can add width=pixelnumber to the img tag to resize pictures.

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
  • Лишь одна дорожка да на всей земле
    • View Profile
« Reply #53013 on: July 13, 2024, 07:37:00 pm »

Oh boy
Woe to those who make unjust laws, to those who issue oppressive decrees, to deprive the poor of their rights and withhold justice from the oppressed of my people, making widows their prey and robbing the fatherless. What will you do on the day of reckoning, when disaster comes from afar?

Flying Teasets

• Bay Watcher
  • another nation, or a non-governmental entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #53014 on: July 13, 2024, 07:37:51 pm »

Odds of a junta within the next year?
Flying Teasets is stricken by melancholy!

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #53015 on: July 13, 2024, 07:40:20 pm »

30% at least.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #53016 on: July 13, 2024, 07:41:27 pm »

I dunno, that's lower odds that I figured just based on the assumption that this mess would coast in its usual direction with no legal or extralegal intervention...
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Jerick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53017 on: July 13, 2024, 07:41:56 pm »

I don't foresee anything about this ending well. This might have handed him the election and gives justification for the right-wing crazies to be more violent.
Odds of a junta within the next year?
Scarily high

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53018 on: July 13, 2024, 07:45:05 pm »

I dunno, that's lower odds that I figured just based on the assumption that this mess would coast in its usual direction with no legal or extralegal intervention...

Call me an optimist.
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.

Flying Teasets

• Bay Watcher
  • another nation, or a non-governmental entity
    • View Profile
Flying Teasets is stricken by melancholy!

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
  • Лишь одна дорожка да на всей земле
    • View Profile
« Reply #53020 on: July 13, 2024, 07:51:18 pm »

tbh his supporters were gonna vote for him anyways and I don't see a notable amount of Dem voters going "I'm sorry for Trump, I guess I'm voting for him now". What I'm worried about is not him being more likely to win, but more terrorist attacks from the right wing as reprisals.

But who knows what will happen. I don't think it'll coast in any case.
Woe to those who make unjust laws, to those who issue oppressive decrees, to deprive the poor of their rights and withhold justice from the oppressed of my people, making widows their prey and robbing the fatherless. What will you do on the day of reckoning, when disaster comes from afar?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #53021 on: July 13, 2024, 07:54:53 pm »

Eh, independents are a big enough cohort to swing elections, that’s what this might influence. He’s been content enough to let the Dem’s chew their own legs off with the Biden nonsense, but he’ll leverage this for all it’s worth.

Maybe he goes bananas and goes too far and explicitly tells people to commit violence against the liberals.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #53022 on: July 13, 2024, 07:55:59 pm »

Yeah, no one's actually legit gonna be swayed by this. Any self-described centrist in the US is de-facto just a fascist sympathizer pretending to be uninvolved so they won't be labeled what they actually are.

What's more concerning is what kinda violence and reprisals they're gonna attempt in retaliation against any perceived enemies they want to blame for this, but let's be fucking real for a moment here. They were already doing that and still planning to, giving them an extra excuse for something they're already out there doing and have zero plans to stop doing doesn't really matter in practice.

It'd be like asking if history would've actually changed in any meaningful sense if the Reichstag fire was actually started by der Lubbe like the nazis claimed vs being a false-flag operation.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53023 on: July 13, 2024, 07:58:03 pm »

SS is telling reporters Trump was hit by glass when the bullet struck his teleprompter. He didn't actually get grazed by a bullet. Which tracks, because he still has an ear.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #53024 on: July 13, 2024, 08:00:13 pm »

Trump says he heard the bottle whizz past and tear through his ear.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.
Pages: 1 ... 3533 3534 [3535] 3536 3537 ... 3563