Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3299 3300 [3301] 3302 3303 ... 3567

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 4241323 times)

None

• Bay Watcher
  • Forgotten, but not gone
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread
« Reply #49500 on: September 02, 2022, 10:37:29 am »

Wasn't the right actively demanding the unsealing of information like this on the basis that
there were no documents
he had the right to have those documents
 he declassified those documents
someone planted those documents in maralago
 some lawyer fucked up
 they were absolutely secured to standard
he's still the president

and therefore it's a witch-hunt if the fed didn't come clean with what they have?

Bullshit aside- what's supposed to be in those folders? Where's the documents?

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #49501 on: September 02, 2022, 10:54:33 am »

I'm already seeing people say, "lol the folders are empty so he didn't take anything after all."

I'm sure every document had tracking information so the government knows precisely what's missing, and losing classified documents has to be at least as bad as taking them in the first place.  It is really frustrating to keep seeing people correctly say that anyone else would already be in prison, but Trump is going to keep dragging and delaying until something stupid happens and he gets off with a slap on the wrist.  Something like the 2024 election.

Actually, for that matter, I guess if he or another Republican won the 2024 election, they could pardon even that kind of crime.  It's all federal, right?
Through pain, I find wisdom.

MorleyDev

• Bay Watcher
  • "It is not enough for it to just work."
    • View Profile
    • MorleyDev
« Reply #49502 on: September 02, 2022, 11:38:20 am »

Why do I get the feeling the 2024 USA Presdential Election is going to become "Basic Abortion rights vs No crimes for Holy Eternal Saintly Glorious Leader Trump"...

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #49503 on: September 02, 2022, 11:44:14 am »

If Biden doesnt run again the world will be a fun place...
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #49504 on: September 02, 2022, 11:47:21 am »

We’ll see how the mid-terms go. If Trump’s Chosen Ones don’t perform well, there’s hope the Republicans finally wean themselves from his teat. Maybe then he creates his own party, and if that happens the extreme end of the GOP splits off so the conservatives are quite so bananas as they are now.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

StrawBarrel

• Bay Watcher
  • I do not use social media regularly.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49505 on: September 02, 2022, 02:38:41 pm »

Some of the statues that Trump is accused of violating [...]

Those poor statues :-[

But yeah Peltola's victory is great news.
Max avatar size is 80x80

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49506 on: September 02, 2022, 04:05:04 pm »

There's enough well-developed backlash against trans people at this point that I'm barring myself from reading news articles about us that weren't written by us. . . And recently I noticed a resurgence online of using "gay" as a catch-all synonym for "bad," which I literally hadn't seen in spaces I frequent since 2010.

I don't know why I'm announcing this in AmeriPol, but in many ways I feel I'm losing any right I had to exist in public. They've decided that we're all deluded and weak, and predators prepared to snatch good women and children. I hope I'm alive in three years.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #49507 on: September 02, 2022, 04:28:04 pm »

I'm already seeing people say, "lol the folders are empty so he didn't take anything after all."

I'm sure every document had tracking information so the government knows precisely what's missing, and losing classified documents has to be at least as bad as taking them in the first place.  It is really frustrating to keep seeing people correctly say that anyone else would already be in prison, but Trump is going to keep dragging and delaying until something stupid happens and he gets off with a slap on the wrist.  Something like the 2024 election.

Actually, for that matter, I guess if he or another Republican won the 2024 election, they could pardon even that kind of crime.  It's all federal, right?

You only hear the loudest people, and the way the Internet amplifies things makes it seem like the loudest people are ubiquitous. More detailed study says that the attitude on the ground is *very* different and things are not nearly as bad as they look.

You only hear the loudest people, and the way the Internet amplifies things makes it seem like the loudest people are ubiquitous. More detailed study says that the attitude on the ground is *very* different and things are not nearly as bad as they look.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49508 on: September 02, 2022, 04:42:07 pm »

Thank you, Shonus. I really needed to hear that today ...
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #49509 on: September 02, 2022, 04:45:03 pm »

Also, if you don't ever read anything about trans people except by trans people, then you're creating an echo chamber for yourself. Other perspectives, even ones we may not like, broaden our own perspectives and challenge our assumptions. (For example, that everyone except trans people hate trans people.) While information isolation is one way to protect your psyche, it's not without its own costs. The less you interact with the rest of the non-trans population, the more isolated you're going to feel.

I mean....how do you think the MAGA wonks got where they are? They only listened to the people saying stuff they already agreed with. If Trans folks say only trans folks can be trusted and everyone else is out to get you, that is not dissimilar from the same kind of fear mongering that has driven Conservative Republicans clinically insane.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2022, 04:50:16 pm by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49510 on: September 02, 2022, 04:54:23 pm »

At least right now, the broadened perspective I'm getting is consistently "you're dangerous" and "kill yourself." I don't mean to say that on a permanent basis I'm d - o - n - e, but I need to adjust my expectations for the new environment instead of constantly giving myself psychic damage.

Also because people are stressed I'm currently getting stomped on by cis women as an anti-feminist from whom they need to protect themselves, cis men as a deluded freak, trans men as an "incomplete" version of themselves, and trans women as a "gay woman" who makes them look bad. This is in my literal, physical present social environment. I know it's not ALL bad -- it isn't actually, literally, "everyone." But I want to spend the time that I have to myself for reading building myself up, not reading more "LGB drop the T" or "I'm a real trans, nonbinaries are fake" drivel that is making up 99% of present online comment sections.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #49511 on: September 02, 2022, 05:49:19 pm »

The fracturing of a nominally unified group is kind of a natural outflow of making smaller and smaller categories of identity. "You can't understand me because you're not a trans man." "You can't understand me because you're not a trans-woman." "You can't understand me because you're not a trans man of color." "You can't understand me because you're not a disabled trans woman."

As one trans person said "I don't need you to understand me, I just need you to accept me." I like that approach but it seems to be buried under each group jockeying for recognition and acknowledgement as particularly distinct.

Which, for myself for example who has been supportive of LGTBQ members of my family on both sides for the last 30 years, kind of makes me want to just back away slowly before I get identified as being somewhere I "don't belong." Between the outright hostility shown to people not part of the ingroup and not staying current with where the dynamics of each part of LGBTQ is at, it feels like a minefield. Like Shonus said, the conversation is hijacked by the loudest parts of the in-group.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2022, 05:52:57 pm by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #49512 on: September 02, 2022, 06:25:06 pm »

Eh, it's probably fine to hold off on non-trans written stuff on trans issues, especially for a while. It's not going to completely close you off to the out-group perspective, because trans folks write about that, too.

It's just going to let someone else do the initial interaction with the proverbial blender (more) parts of the non-trans demographics are becoming, so someone else can take the risk of finding out if the blender is on or not. When you're starting to get frazzled about checking that with your own damn fingers, it can be a blessing.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2022, 06:30:54 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #49513 on: September 02, 2022, 07:00:46 pm »

You know, upon reflection this is probably true.  It's probably telling that the locals who think that Trump is all but the second coming of Jesus haven't mentioned a thing about this.  That implies that they must believe he really did do something wrong, because otherwise they'd be yelling about Deep States and Pelosi and Biden and The Squad and New World Orders and how they're all out to get Trump.  They did that with the two impeachments, anyway.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.
Pages: 1 ... 3299 3300 [3301] 3302 3303 ... 3567