Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3298 3299 [3300] 3301 3302 ... 3567

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 4238783 times)

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread
« Reply #49485 on: August 30, 2022, 04:46:27 pm »

Bruh I'm starting to wonder if I should be worrying about being shot if everybody else is.
Eh, worrying is for losers, like Ozzie & Sharon (good riddance).

None

• Bay Watcher
  • Forgotten, but not gone
    • View Profile
« Reply #49486 on: August 31, 2022, 09:03:14 am »

Did you know Ozzy's kid features in a ghost hunting show? The few episodes I saw were pretty fun.

Anyways, Justice Department found TS|SCI documents in Trump's Mar-A-Lago office which were definitely not a) returned, b) securely locked away, c) spoken for when the lawyers said all classified documents were secured or returned, d) separated from personal documents and affects.

Can 'more documents when they said there were none' be used to determine obstruction of justice?

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #49487 on: August 31, 2022, 10:26:15 am »

Probably.  It's a pretty loose thing by definition I think.

Man, while I don't see how Trump can possibly weasel his way out of this one, I'm such a dire pessimist I expect him to somehow walk away consequence free.  Or at least avoid going to prison somehow.  I'd settle or being barred from office again but at this point I'm not sure I believe we'd even get that.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #49488 on: August 31, 2022, 10:32:58 am »

He can’t be barred from office, at least not the presidency. The only conditions are to be natural born, I think 14 years residency, and be at least 35 or some other arbitrary number. Criminal convictions aren’t disqualifying.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #49489 on: August 31, 2022, 10:54:46 am »

I've read in multiple places that it was a possible consequence of mishandling classified documents like this, but I'll be the first to admit that I'm reading it second hand from armchair analysts on the internet so take it with a grain of salt.  It's possible they were all extrapolating from assumptions that he'd be convicted of treason or something.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2022, 11:04:38 am by Telgin »
Through pain, I find wisdom.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #49490 on: August 31, 2022, 11:03:43 am »

I was reading a news report on the BBC, and it was apparently the Supreme Court having said something along the lines of the constitution being the only thing that sets out the criteria for president and they wouldn’t support changing it.

Paraphrasing because it was a while ago I read it.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #49491 on: August 31, 2022, 01:36:56 pm »

Yeah, and the state of Republican news, being convicted of treason wouldn't change things by a pip. It's just more supporting evidence of however they'll spin it.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #49492 on: August 31, 2022, 02:20:07 pm »

Some of the statues that Trump is accused of violating carry an explicit "anyone convicted of this offense is forever barred from office" clause. The issue is that said clause has never been tested in court.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #49493 on: August 31, 2022, 02:45:05 pm »

I'm sure Trump had the BRILLIANT idea that if he were to be re-elected President, he could pardon himself....stupid idea

Anyways, get ready for Trump either getting slapped with a fine, or other sanction that keeps his fat ass out of prison.
Maybe something like "While we feel that FPOTUS's mishandling of classified documents upon leaving office cost the US Taxpayers considerable expense, we do not see sufficient basis to recommend any Criminal Sanctions..."

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49494 on: August 31, 2022, 03:03:54 pm »

Some of the statues that Trump is accused of violating [...]

anewaname

• Bay Watcher
  • The mattock... My choice for problem solving.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49495 on: September 01, 2022, 08:11:00 am »

Alaska had a ranked-choice special election to replace their deceased House Representative. The preliminary voting results are on page 2 of this pdf.

The ballot had two republicans (Palin and Begich) and one democrat (Peltola), but 29% of the people who voted republican for Begich went democrat as their second choice.

I bet some people are yelling in anger that the 29% are republican in name only.
Quote from: dragdeler
There is something to be said about, if the stakes are as high, maybe reconsider your certitudes. One has to be aggressively allistic to feel entitled to be able to trust. But it won't happen to me, my bit doesn't count etc etc... Just saying, after my recent experiences I couldn't trust the public if I wanted to. People got their risk assessment neurons rotten and replaced with game theory. Folks walk around like fat turkeys taunting the world to slaughter them.

Dostoevsky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49496 on: September 01, 2022, 08:54:31 am »

That's just ranked choice working as intended. A lot of Republicans don't like Palin for various reasons, and so picked the Dem as their lesser evil.

MorleyDev

• Bay Watcher
  • "It is not enough for it to just work."
    • View Profile
    • MorleyDev
« Reply #49497 on: September 01, 2022, 09:02:38 am »

I'd say "hey, maybe this will break the spell over the Republicans that has them believing that a Trump-backed nominee is the second coming" but...

MorleyDev

• Bay Watcher
  • "It is not enough for it to just work."
    • View Profile
    • MorleyDev
« Reply #49498 on: September 02, 2022, 10:14:52 am »

Breaking: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-62771613
US court unseals list of seized Mar-a-Lago material

Among the items recovered after the unprecedented 8 August search of Mar-a-Lago were:
* 3 documents marked confidential
* 17 documents marked secret
* 7 documents marked top secret
* 43 empty folders with classified banners
* 28 empty folders labelled "Return to staff secretary/military aide"

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #49499 on: September 02, 2022, 10:16:44 am »

I dont think we should have unsealed it.  Let it all go to court.  I think there are more people on the Federal payroll actively gunning for Trump than not by now
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!
Pages: 1 ... 3298 3299 [3300] 3301 3302 ... 3567