Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3130 3131 [3132] 3133 3134 ... 3566

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 4204371 times)

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread
« Reply #46965 on: November 23, 2021, 04:30:17 am »

Jesus fucking christ. Now Fox News has interviewed Rittenhouse, and presented him like some kind of hero. "He just wanted to help".
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #46966 on: November 23, 2021, 04:31:25 am »

'Now'? They've presented him as a hero since the first night.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #46967 on: November 23, 2021, 04:41:04 am »

I sometimes wonder if Fox News is a Russian / Chinese agent ordered to create as much dissent and divide in US society as possible
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
  • Лишь одна дорожка да на всей земле
    • View Profile
« Reply #46968 on: November 23, 2021, 05:30:44 am »

Faux News.
Woe to those who make unjust laws, to those who issue oppressive decrees, to deprive the poor of their rights and withhold justice from the oppressed of my people, making widows their prey and robbing the fatherless. What will you do on the day of reckoning, when disaster comes from afar?

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #46969 on: November 23, 2021, 04:09:15 pm »

Jesus fucking christ. Now Fox News has interviewed Rittenhouse, and presented him like some kind of hero. "He just wanted to help".

That's a weird turnabout for them considering he supports BLM and essentially out-right stated that his white privilege is the only reason he isn't behind bars.

I used to think he was guilty of at least felony murder, but after listening to the facts of the trial (which was a *magnificent* farce of actual court) he only shot after someone in the group (of which two had been threatening to kill him all night) fired into the air while he was running, back turned to them, then he turned around thinking he was being fired on and noticed someone grabbing for his rifle. Leaving out the one running at him to "surrender", hands in the air while still holding his gun and the one trying to bludgeon him with a skateboard.

Not that I don't think he's an idiot kid who was looking for trouble, it's just that trouble found him before he found it. Now I think the one to be held accountable is that one who fired the "warning shot" up into the air. Can't have a fire without a spark, after all.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #46970 on: November 23, 2021, 05:44:57 pm »

None of this would have happened if he hadn't gone to a riot toting an AR-15. If he really wanted to help provide first aid and water and put out fires, he didn't need a gun to do that. Once you come strapped you are accepting a lot of consequences associated with it, whether they realize it or not.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #46971 on: November 23, 2021, 06:10:10 pm »

If you want to consider him a victim - he is merely the victim of right wing propaganda.

Arbinire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46972 on: November 23, 2021, 06:27:38 pm »

Maurice Timothy Jones and Andrew Coffee IV.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #46973 on: November 23, 2021, 06:48:30 pm »

... what about them?
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46974 on: November 23, 2021, 07:12:23 pm »

That's a weird turnabout for them considering he supports BLM and essentially out-right stated that his white privilege is the only reason he isn't behind bars.

A weird turnabout from being photographed making the "OK White Power" sign with a Proud Boy, too.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Andux

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:semicolons]
    • View Profile
    • Andux's DFWiki page
« Reply #46975 on: November 23, 2021, 07:56:15 pm »

Maybe he meant the other BLM?

Andrew Coffee IV.
I just got this mental image of a coffee machine somewhere saying, "Please, Mr. Coffee was my father, call me Andrew."
(Do not sign anything.) -- Fell, Planescape: Torment

MADMAN · Save Tools · WTF Tools · Generated Raws Extractor · Tweak for 0.31–34.xx

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #46976 on: November 23, 2021, 07:59:50 pm »

Maurice Timothy Jones and Andrew Coffee IV.
... what about them?

https://sports.yahoo.com/baltimore-man-fatally-shot-man-140200686.html
https://www.wpbf.com/article/andrew-coffee-not-guilty-on-all-counts/38304640

Nevermind the more tangential aspects (if the killer had been black or middle eastern, it's fairly likely they wouldn't have even survived to reach court, nevermind seen an acquittal if he had been chummy with ISIS instead of the proud boys), there was things related to it directly involved that just got bungled.

🤔
« Last Edit: November 23, 2021, 08:01:28 pm by Bumber »
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #46977 on: November 23, 2021, 08:05:08 pm »

A weird turnabout from being photographed making the "OK White Power" sign with a Proud Boy, too.

(Been waiting to use this for a while.)

Apparently he spent three weeks of his 87 days in prison without running water (no bathing,) and didn't complain about it? Don't know what to make of that.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2021, 08:12:44 pm by Bumber »
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #46978 on: November 23, 2021, 08:18:14 pm »

Coffee's currently looking at decades in prison, last I checked, on top of the wild horseshit of being charged with what he was to begin with, not to mention the other person involved that the cops actually, y'know, gunned down in their own home. Not comparable at all.

Haven't heard much about the other one, but a quick check shows little relevant to the discussion at hand other than there being a self-defense claim involved. Jones doesn't appear to be a vigilante with connections to terrorist organizations.

I'll say it again, since it looks like it could stand repeating: If a black or middle eastern guy with terrorist connections did what rittenhouse did, it's fairly likely they wouldn't have made it to the courthouse at all, much less been acquitted of all charges.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #46979 on: November 23, 2021, 11:44:47 pm »

If a black or middle eastern guy with terrorist connections did what rittenhouse did, it's fairly likely they wouldn't have made it to the courthouse at all, much less been acquitted of all charges.

Rittenhouse doesn't have terrorist connections, so I don't get what the point is. Prosecution would have found something, given they had his phone.

There are alredy rumors on the web the driver is a BLM member and that it was not an accident but a deliverated attack.

Beware that right-wing propoganda.

It's likely it was someone who was at BLM protests, I think tons of people around Kenosha and Milwaukee were out protesting. Whichever side of the protests is up in the air, but rumor mills gotta spin, right?

I can only imagine this person was drunk or, if they were fleeing a knife assault, losing blood rapidly and passing out behind the wheel. Not honking is pretty wild if it wasn't an intentional attack.

He's definitely BLM.

He has previously run over his ex, as well as other reckless endangerment.

I don't think it would be too far a stretch to say that "fleeing a knife assault" probably means he stabbed somebody.

Pages: 1 ... 3130 3131 [3132] 3133 3134 ... 3566