Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3131 3132 [3133] 3134 3135 ... 3566

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 4204126 times)

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread
« Reply #46980 on: November 24, 2021, 01:17:03 am »

the victim of right wing propaganda.
Speak of the devil.

Whether or not he is a member, Rittenhouse has proudly posed with Proud Boys. I know you don't consider white nationalism or race-based violence terrorism, but they're a terrorist organization.

That's certainly a connection to a real organization. As deep of a connection as Brooks has to BLM according to this Jan.6th supporter/anti-vaxxer on Twitter you shared. (Seriously, bumber I'm worried about you. If you need someone to talk to, PM me.)

In all seriousness, I wouldn't be surprised if Brooks was fleeing a crime, considering his record and the recklessness of his driving. My mind just assumed "fleeing a knife attack" meant being a victim and fleeing. All in all, it won't matter considering the severity of the tragedy he just committed.

Arbinire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46981 on: November 24, 2021, 07:12:08 am »

Coffee's currently looking at decades in prison, last I checked, on top of the wild horseshit of being charged with what he was to begin with, not to mention the other person involved that the cops actually, y'know, gunned down in their own home. Not comparable at all.

Haven't heard much about the other one, but a quick check shows little relevant to the discussion at hand other than there being a self-defense claim involved. Jones doesn't appear to be a vigilante with connections to terrorist organizations.

I'll say it again, since it looks like it could stand repeating: If a black or middle eastern guy with terrorist connections did what rittenhouse did, it's fairly likely they wouldn't have made it to the courthouse at all, much less been acquitted of all charges.

Both were found by a Trial by Jury to be Not Guilty on all charges.  But thank you for proving to everyone that when presented with facts and evidence which run counter to your personal beliefs, you'll not only refuse to review the evidence and admit to being wrong...you double down on your assertion and continue to spread misinformation.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #46982 on: November 24, 2021, 07:50:24 am »

You've provided literally no facts or evidence, on top of straight up being wrong in regards to at least one of the folks you cited (coffee's not been found not guilty of everything involved, and is in fact looking down the barrel of a multi-decade sentence related to it right now).

Bumber at least tried, but both coffee and this other fellows situations are wildly different and entirely divorced from the statement I made. Try reading the words that are on the screen next time, mate.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #46983 on: November 24, 2021, 01:56:19 pm »

https://www.cnn.com/us/live-news/ahmaud-arbery-killing-trial-verdict-watch-11-24-21

All three men in the Ahmaud Arbery killing are facing life in prison before federal charges have even been made.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46984 on: November 24, 2021, 02:14:10 pm »

Justice served.
Black lives matter.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46985 on: November 24, 2021, 02:29:32 pm »

Why they shoot a jogger? That's a really stupid crime. Are they against fit people?
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #46986 on: November 24, 2021, 02:37:31 pm »

He was Black While Jogging.

They claimed there had been "series of burglaries" in the area, (1 was reported in a 2 month time frame around when they killed him) so when they saw him jogging in broad daylight they thought he was "fleeing from a crime." So they got in their trucks, drove him down, confronted him, tried to detain him, might have dropped an N word on him, got out of their trucks, struggled when he "tried to go for their gun" and they shot him.

Notice a pattern of behavior here in America Lord Baal? Someone gets a gun, puts themselves in a situation where they are confronting unarmed people with it, then shoot them because "they tried to take my gun."

In America some are wont to call that "self-defense."
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46987 on: November 24, 2021, 03:14:17 pm »

Thats something really fucked up, if you can forgot my bad language. Why? Just WHY?? They are psyco... and at the end of the day, if someone jogging is dangerous because something as stupid as the color of his skin, call the fucking cops you monumental morons...

Of course the poor guy got freaked out and defended himself, would not you if three jerks you dont know jump with guns on you? I hope all of them get lifetime sentence.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2021, 03:16:23 pm by LordBaal »
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Arbinire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46988 on: November 24, 2021, 03:57:40 pm »

You've provided literally no facts or evidence, on top of straight up being wrong in regards to at least one of the folks you cited (coffee's not been found not guilty of everything involved, and is in fact looking down the barrel of a multi-decade sentence related to it right now).

Bumber at least tried, but both coffee and this other fellows situations are wildly different and entirely divorced from the statement I made. Try reading the words that are on the screen next time, mate.

VERO BEACH, Fla. —
Andrew Coffee was found not guilty on all counts of murder and attempted first degree murder Friday.

Literally the first sentence in this article:
https://www.wpbf.com/article/andrew-coffee-not-guilty-on-all-counts/38304640

But go on and keep digging that hole.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #46989 on: November 24, 2021, 04:20:12 pm »

https://www.cnn.com/us/live-news/ahmaud-arbery-killing-trial-verdict-watch-11-24-21

All three men in the Ahmaud Arbery killing are facing life in prison before federal charges have even been made.

About damn time. Watched the video of that one, and it's a clear-cut lynching.
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #46990 on: November 24, 2021, 04:35:50 pm »

Andrew Coffee was found not guilty on all counts of murder and attempted first degree murder Friday.
And he's still looking at up to thirty years for other charges related to that. Which you'd be aware of if you actually bothered to look ::)
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46991 on: November 24, 2021, 05:19:35 pm »

and at the end of the day, if someone jogging is dangerous because something as stupid as the color of his skin, call the fucking cops you monumental morons...

This will also result in a black person being murdered. Do not do this.

If someone Jogging While Black is threatening to you, you suck it up and go about your day.
Black lives matter.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46992 on: November 24, 2021, 05:23:31 pm »

Well, one could expect cops to not shoot at people randomly [citation needed]. Also its less likely you will get scared if its a cop the one asking you to stop instead of the packing three stooges

What I mean is that if you see something suspicious, you call the cops instead of doing a bad batman impression. If they though a black dude doing excercise was a danger (which is stupid by itself for like a gazzilion reasons), they should have called the cops and be done with it.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2021, 05:26:54 pm by LordBaal »

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #46993 on: November 24, 2021, 05:23:55 pm »

VERO BEACH, Fla. —

Literally the first sentence in this article:
https://www.wpbf.com/article/andrew-coffee-not-guilty-on-all-counts/38304640

But go on and keep digging that hole.
And from that exact same article you just quoted but after the first sentence.
Coffee was found guilty on a count of possession of a firearm by a convicted felon, which could have a penalty of up to 30 years in prison. He was also found not guilty in the murder of Woods.
So yeah, using him as an example of someone not getting screwed over by the justice system is a bit silly, as you would have known if you actually read the entire article you just linked.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46994 on: November 24, 2021, 05:41:35 pm »

Well, one could expect cops to not shoot at people randomly [citation needed]. Also its less likely you will get scared if its a cop the one asking you to stop instead of the packing three stooges

What I mean is that if you see something suspicious, you call the cops instead of doing a bad batman impression. If they though a black dude doing excercise was a danger (which is stupid by itself for like a gazzilion reasons), they should have called the cops and be done with it.

I know what you meant in general, but I was talking specifically about the situation already being discussed.
Black lives matter.
Pages: 1 ... 3131 3132 [3133] 3134 3135 ... 3566