Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2880 2881 [2882] 2883 2884 ... 3569

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 4244141 times)

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread
« Reply #43215 on: January 11, 2021, 05:37:21 pm »

Saw that a couple days ago. Good chance it either doesn't materialize, is smaller than planned or they meet actual police resistance because, you know, they broadcasted their plans.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #43216 on: January 11, 2021, 05:48:11 pm »

Before Parler went dark, people were swapping bomb recipes and discussing tactics. This was forwarded to the FBI. Not only will those people (most Parler users have been doxxed) be getting a very unfriendly visit from the feds, anything that happens going forward is going to meet serious resistance.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #43217 on: January 11, 2021, 06:31:16 pm »

Saw that a couple days ago. Good chance it either doesn't materialize, is smaller than planned or they meet actual police resistance because, you know, they broadcasted their plans.

I'm still leery given DC police basically let the capitol attack happen, and/or didn't have enough personnel to respond in force since some of them were off-duty participating in the terrorist attack. That one was being pointed out well in advance too.

At bare minimum, I'm glad I no longer live anywhere near Austin.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #43218 on: January 11, 2021, 06:50:05 pm »

Again, nothing like what happened at the capitol had ever happened before. Every other MAGA event had been small and pathetic.

More importantly, any future events are going to be handled by state police and high level Federal forces that can't be fucked with as easily.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #43219 on: January 11, 2021, 06:52:26 pm »

MAGA events literally always devolve into mob violence if they're around any group of people other than themselves, and sometimes even then.

Make no mistake, this happened in large part because the people who were supposed to stop the insurrectionists sympathized with them.

Maybe the National Guard or such would actually stop future insurrection, but only if they, you know, actually start shooting.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43220 on: January 11, 2021, 06:56:01 pm »

Honestly, there was a day when Berkeley PD spent literally millions of dollars on defenses against a single day MAGA march. Shut down the local train stations, you couldn't have all kinds of things in your bags, checkpoints all over the city, giant trucks parked, streets closed so that people couldn't drive their cars into people. Backup hired from police departments all around the state. No long sticks or poles. Definitely no guns. You couldn't ride the train in that day with a bike lock.

It was peaceful because the defenses made it peaceful. And did they show up? Yeah, they did. In force. But no one got shot.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #43221 on: January 11, 2021, 07:01:28 pm »

Make no mistake, this happened in large part because the people who were supposed to stop the insurrectionists sympathized with them.

Exactly this. The DC cops don't get any sympathy points just because they didn't expect things to turn out this way. They were surprised by this, but it was a pleasant surprise to them.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #43222 on: January 11, 2021, 09:54:46 pm »

Two officers have been suspended (one who took selfies, one who was helping the mob I believe), and one arrested (no information about this cop is currently being given) from the capitol hill police. This is in addition to Capitol Hill PD chief and the two Sergeant-at-Arms of the House and Senate resigning.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

MorleyDev

• Bay Watcher
  • "It is not enough for it to just work."
    • View Profile
    • MorleyDev
« Reply #43223 on: January 12, 2021, 06:56:23 am »

You'd think after they storm the capitol building with murderous intent and plant bombs at the DNC and RNC and openly plot revolution that plans to do the same again at every state house in the USA would be referred to with strong words than 'armed protest'...

Also does anybody else imagine an 'Of Mice and Men' meeting between Trump and Pence? "Tell me about the wall, Mike." There's a sketch in there I swear.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2021, 08:01:52 am by MorleyDev »

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #43225 on: January 12, 2021, 09:52:07 am »

It's weird not having Trump on twitter.  Like, what's he doing?  Where is he?  How's he feeling?

It's like he's gone missing. 

According to "internal sources" he was pretty freaked out overall, finally realizing the kind of legal exposure he's blithely taken on with less than a month of immunity left.  But "internal sources" are always talking shit.
Shoes...

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #43226 on: January 12, 2021, 09:57:34 am »

It sounds like banks are following the example of the social media platforms and closing Trump's accounts.
A number of major corporations have also begun shutting out the GOP.

da_nang

• Bay Watcher
  • Argonian Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #43227 on: January 12, 2021, 10:31:49 am »

"Just build your own bank."

::)
"Deliver yesterday, code today, think tomorrow."
Ceterum censeo Unionem Europaeam esse delendam.
Future supplanter of humanity.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43228 on: January 12, 2021, 10:41:24 am »

something something bootstraps
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?
Pages: 1 ... 2880 2881 [2882] 2883 2884 ... 3569