Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2747 2748 [2749] 2750 2751 ... 3566

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 4224284 times)

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread
« Reply #41220 on: November 03, 2020, 10:25:30 am »

Guys with the polling like it is, I'm starting to be really worried that the hole is too big... I don't think Jeb! can still win.
I'm still confident that Dewey will beat Truman.

His refusing to leave the whitehouse peacefully is even more of a delicious potential circumstance to scale the wall. :)
I'm hoping he'll go the Shawshank Redemption route, but with a longer pipe.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2020, 10:28:08 am by Starver »

Duuvian

• Bay Watcher
  • Internet ≠ Real Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #41221 on: November 03, 2020, 10:27:15 am »

Woot I'm back to pop in after a long time and say hey and we'll see where it goes but I expect great things

Here is my electoral year musical piece which I CRAFTED

https://app.box.com/s/u3n8f99ancl3hsyjnjyptw7yvg6x0g3z

It is titled "Tragedy and Perseverance Impromptu"

Though it is not an impromptu so much as it is two tracks I did and then moved around a bit to where they fit together better sound-wise.

However since I played it live on a normal computer keyboard and then arranged it, and then slapped it together I called it that because it is much more improvosational than my usual method which does not rely on live playing at all; being a sort of sheet music the computer plays back to me in a program called FL Studio.

Once again I will say: kindly go out and vote if you haven't already and are in the US

EDIT: I noticed I spelled the word wrong in the file afterwards ah well
« Last Edit: November 03, 2020, 10:35:27 am by Duuvian »
FINISHED original composition:
https://app.box.com/s/jq526ppvri67astrc23bwvgrkxaicedj

Sort of finished and awaiting remix due to loss of most recent song file before addition of drums:
https://www.box.com/s/s3oba05kh8mfi3sorjm0 <-zguit

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #41222 on: November 03, 2020, 10:32:44 am »

and are allowed to vote :p
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Duuvian

• Bay Watcher
  • Internet ≠ Real Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #41223 on: November 03, 2020, 10:36:44 am »

Yeah that too but I'm a universal franchisement man in opinion when it comes to voting

Sort of like a galactic Mcdonalds

Carry on with thread while I figure out why the avatar is weirded

Oh that's why it's an old photobucket account

Well I'll go without avatar for now I suppose.

Exciting day; heres to hoping things turn out well.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2020, 10:44:24 am by Duuvian »

Sort of finished and awaiting remix due to loss of most recent song file before addition of drums:

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41224 on: November 03, 2020, 10:42:48 am »

Strange avatar is fine.  Consider it abstract art.

Now, if only all persons were as magnanimous as you appear to be, as concerns voting.

https://apnews.com/article/biden-mail-ballots-drop-off-final-plea-dd58400d272df22bc36e4cfdce114895

Apparently, due to the recent situation about Trump, his coterie, and their unique brand of bullshit vis-a-vis mail in ballots, Pensylvannia election office personnel have requested that people who have a mail-in ballot not put it in the mail, but instead place it in an authorized drop box, and do so as soon as possible.

(Because herr Trump has stated that he will do everything possible to make mailed ballots not count.)

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #41225 on: November 03, 2020, 10:46:24 am »

Like, there is no wise choice.
Uh, yes, yes there is. One candidate has gotten a quarter million americans killed in just the last year. The other one hasn't!

Go with the one that hasn't lead more of the country's citizens to the grave in the last 10 months than the entire vietnam war. Shit ain't complicated.

They both want to, but only one has had the ability. Remember when Biden told people to go stand in line for 8 hours in freezing weather to vote for him in person in the primary, even though mail in voting was allowed? And how many people caught COVID from that?
Point me to those multiple times where Biden left thousands of his supporters stranded in the middle of nowhere, because his campaign couldn't be arsed to plan *basic logistics* around buses.
Yeah, that's what I thought. Sit down.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41226 on: November 03, 2020, 10:48:51 am »

In lighter news, I just cast my ballot.

Stood in line for 30 minutes in the cold of the morning.  Got a fancy pen that says "I voted" on it.  Yay.

Damn, your pen says "I voted" on it? Mine is just grey with a number on it. I call bs

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41227 on: November 03, 2020, 10:50:47 am »

It also has a conductive rubber stylus tip on one side.

Exactly like these pens.

Mine has the red rubberized hand grip
« Last Edit: November 03, 2020, 10:59:12 am by wierd »

voliol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Website
« Reply #41228 on: November 03, 2020, 11:15:37 am »

If Trump loses and then refuses to leave the White House, can't we just repaint Biden's current residence and call it a day?

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #41229 on: November 03, 2020, 11:26:57 am »

Like, there is no wise choice.
Uh, yes, yes there is. One candidate has gotten a quarter million americans killed in just the last year. The other one hasn't!

Go with the one that hasn't lead more of the country's citizens to the grave in the last 10 months than the entire vietnam war. Shit ain't complicated.

They both want to, but only one has had the ability. Remember when Biden told people to go stand in line for 8 hours in freezing weather to vote for him in person in the primary, even though mail in voting was allowed? And how many people caught COVID from that?
Point me to those multiple times where Biden left thousands of his supporters stranded in the middle of nowhere, because his campaign couldn't be arsed to plan *basic logistics* around buses.
Yeah, that's what I thought. Sit down.

Because the only thing that matters is the standard set by the worst option.

Was just reading a thread elsewhere about how much easier it will be to fight for progressive policies and hold Democrats accountable when they have majority control of government.  The one person to talk about how this worked out in 2008-2010 gets dogpiled by people defending Obama.

Lots of high profile figures talking about how much they're looking forward to being able to ignore politics again.  Barely even avoiding using those exact words.

We are so very dead on track for a worse fascist than Trump in 2024.  This dude was the easy mode fascist.  A warning about where the direction we're going is taking us.  And I feel like hardly anybody learned anything.

Not shaming anyone for voting for Biden.  But the sit-down-and-shut-up attitude towards anyone who expresses concern about the general direction of politics they're reading from this election is disturbing to me.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41230 on: November 03, 2020, 11:30:25 am »

If Trump loses and then refuses to leave the White House, can't we just repaint Biden's current residence and call it a day?

The state went too deep. Clowns have invaded the White House. Abandon this White House. Build a new one. Be sure to include a magma pipe this time.

McTraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • This text isn't very personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41231 on: November 03, 2020, 11:42:19 am »

Relevant, and echoes many of my sentiments: https://www.freep.com/story/sports/columnists/mitch-albom/2020/11/01/mitch-albom-2020-presidential-election/6102179002/

EDIT: I did not get a free pen. My precinct still just gave out stickers :(
« Last Edit: November 03, 2020, 11:46:06 am by McTraveller »
This product contains deoxyribonucleic acid which is known to the State of California to cause cancer, reproductive harm, and other health issues.

Duuvian

• Bay Watcher
  • Internet ≠ Real Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #41232 on: November 03, 2020, 11:43:38 am »

As much as I'd like a pick your top 5 style election so I could vote Sanders and Warren and Yang or such would be nice but as it work it was Biden at this point of time for me

I get what you're saying though; the one thing I've heard a few times is cable internet expansion to under served areas which is totally a noble goal and something I wholly support

However I watched the Adam Ruins Everything on the Internet so I am at my utmost skeptical without hearing details I like such as "we're going to change cable laws so the government isn't paying for the wires and then only one company gets to use them and causes regional monopolies". I guess I haven't read about the plan either but I mean I said the same vein of stuff about Obamacare being a wonderful goal but Max Baucus kind of screwed it up (somewhat and hopefully not fatally) at the last second as the swing vote in need of sweet insurance lobby campaign donations. or at least that was my understanding at the time as a layman observer; I'm afraid I didn't do the research for this semi-quick post

Also quick edit to say I'm on Medicaid now cause of Obamacare so I like most of it; I just meant my keyboard was on FIRE back then because they made it mandatory and I mean even I could see that wasn't going to fly; and took out even the public option which was like the least they could do to try to keep insurance prices from going up every year steadily because they can (or at least that was my theory about what would happen, I dunno if it happened for that reason but as an anecdote I sure heard a lot of complaints about insurance going up over the years, though I don't exactly say prove it mf'er receipts OUT
« Last Edit: November 03, 2020, 11:49:15 am by Duuvian »

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #41233 on: November 03, 2020, 11:45:54 am »

I'm still hoping for the "boogaloo puts a decent dent in both left-wing and right-wing extremists" outcome.  :P
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

feelotraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • (y-sqrt{|x|})^2+x^2=1
    • View Profile
« Reply #41234 on: November 03, 2020, 11:49:45 am »

Because the only thing that matters is the standard set by the worst option.

Was just reading a thread elsewhere about how much easier it will be to fight for progressive policies and hold Democrats accountable when they have majority control of government.  The one person to talk about how this worked out in 2008-2010 gets dogpiled by people defending Obama.

Lots of high profile figures talking about how much they're looking forward to being able to ignore politics again.  Barely even avoiding using those exact words.

We are so very dead on track for a worse fascist than Trump in 2024.  This dude was the easy mode fascist.  A warning about where the direction we're going is taking us.  And I feel like hardly anybody learned anything.

Not shaming anyone for voting for Biden.  But the sit-down-and-shut-up attitude towards anyone who expresses concern about the general direction of politics they're reading from this election is disturbing to me.

I posted this to the europol thread a couple of days back but is more relevant here.  Note that the trend as reported is distinctly a bipartisan one even if somewhat lopsided.
https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/2020/10/01/political-violence-424157
Basically significantly more americans than ever before believe that political violence is or could be justified.  Hopefully the next couple of days/weeks turn out okay but chances are that the trend will continue into the forseeable future.
Pages: 1 ... 2747 2748 [2749] 2750 2751 ... 3566