Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2745 2746 [2747] 2748 2749 ... 3566

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 4224370 times)

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread
« Reply #41190 on: November 03, 2020, 04:20:27 am »

I thought we already knew that Muller was investigating people around Trump and indicted them on a bunch of crimes, but couldn't sufficiently prove anything related to collaboration with Russia.

Roger Stone was on Fox News (either Tucker Carlson or Hannity) trying to explain away the whole email thing while the investigation was ongoing. (Something about talking about different leaked emails, or making an educated guess that material teased to be released soon probably related to a recent email hack. I don't recall the particulars and can't find the relevant clip.) IIRC, the courts put a gag order on Roger Stone soon after, or he was under the order and defied it.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2020, 04:25:35 am by Bumber »
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41191 on: November 03, 2020, 05:07:37 am »

So I suppose (if it was said then I missed/forgot it) what kind of pollwork Misko's pollworking actually is.
The kind that stands for 16 hours and tells people how to slide a ballot into a scanner ("either side works", "yes it scans both sides", etc).
Very, very coincidentally, I woke up this morning from a dream in which I was doing one of my most regular (and enjoyable) non-job 'jobs', that involves physically and officially 'shepherding' people onward (in my case, with a stopwatch in hand). And absolutely everything that could go wrong was going wrong. Including being attacked (ineffectually) by a lone wasp, for some reason (I think it 'belonged' to a heckler who was interfering).

Not so much a nightmare (I was just about answering each trial) as a 'frustration dream'. And, given everything, surprisingly similar to your job (though I did not not until just now know it). "Remarkable!", I thought, therefore compelling me to so remark. ;)

So, from my branch of the Fraternal[1] Brotherhood[1] Of Vital But Under-Appreciated Official People Doing Helpful Things to yours: If you weren't there, there'd be chaos, the rules of entropy would be the governing principle and the universe would be measurably 'wronger' by the end of your tentative non-presence. Even if few of your 'clients' voice any thanks, and a few may even have unjustified resentment, I think we both know you're doing a vital job.

[1] And Sororitorial Sisterhood, naturally.

da_nang

• Bay Watcher
  • Argonian Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #41192 on: November 03, 2020, 07:03:33 am »

"Deliver yesterday, code today, think tomorrow."
Ceterum censeo Unionem Europaeam esse delendam.
Future supplanter of humanity.

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41193 on: November 03, 2020, 07:05:03 am »

So it is Ameripol day.

I guess it will be morning there right now. All I have to say is "choose wisely".

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #41194 on: November 03, 2020, 07:06:55 am »

Like, there is no wise choice.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #41195 on: November 03, 2020, 07:12:13 am »

Strap in lads, it's going to be a rough one. I expect at least 4 news sources to announce a winner early.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #41196 on: November 03, 2020, 07:15:27 am »

Uh, yes, yes there is. One candidate has gotten a quarter million americans killed in just the last year. The other one hasn't!

Go with the one that hasn't lead more of the country's citizens to the grave in the last 10 months than the entire vietnam war. Shit ain't complicated.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #41197 on: November 03, 2020, 07:22:13 am »

Uh, yes, yes there is. One candidate has gotten a quarter million americans killed in just the last year. The other one hasn't!

Go with the one that hasn't lead more of the country's citizens to the grave in the last 10 months than the entire vietnam war. Shit ain't complicated.

I understand what you mean, but what you said is an incredibly weak argument.
You only need to add one word.
The other one hasn't - yet
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #41198 on: November 03, 2020, 07:29:27 am »

To be fair is hard for Biden to perform worse than Trump regarding covid.

I doubt he'll do much better than any country in Europe though. And truth be told noone is doing that good 9utside of Asia and Oceania, TBh
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #41199 on: November 03, 2020, 07:31:37 am »

IT BEGINS

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

feelotraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • (y-sqrt{|x|})^2+x^2=1
    • View Profile
« Reply #41200 on: November 03, 2020, 07:49:02 am »

Luck droogies.  Stay safe.

Hope you're ready to welcome your new insect overlords.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41201 on: November 03, 2020, 07:53:53 am »

Asia has had its world rocked by SARS and similar illnesses many times by now. They have protocols, procedures, and equipment, ready for these kinds of emergent threats.

They understand that keeping that infrastructure is necessary.

Not so much with us idiots in the West.  Here, the notion that you should keep any kind of infrastructure that does not immediately produce profit for the quarter is such an anathema, that it's simply "Unthinkable", which is why all the damn hospitals did not have sufficient beds, PPE, Ventillators, or anything else--- why the economy could not endure the hit that the necessary quarantine imposed, et al.

And of course, rather than learn this lesson through body count, our collective nations over here doubled down on denial. (Because MUH STOCKS!) 

Especially here in Trumpistania. (Where a stipend intended to prevent a burning crash into the motherfucking ground was treated with "horror", because it was "More than if they were working!!", (on average. Where the average is based on if everyone were JUST above poverty in terms of income.)  etc.

2020's earnings reports are paid for with bodies.  Remember that.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41202 on: November 03, 2020, 08:18:27 am »

(Where a stipend intended to prevent a burning crash into the motherfucking ground was treated with "horror", because it was "More than if they were working!!", [...]
...as you sort of lead into, but in a form of vernacular, some people learn the wrong lesson from this.

If emergency funds are (by some measures) 'better' than ordinary day-to-day earnings, then the problem may not be that the emergency funds are too generous, but more of it being an inverse issue with the other lot.

Though those that ought to realise this won't. (Or won't let themselves.)

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41203 on: November 03, 2020, 08:50:10 am »

In lighter news, I just cast my ballot.

Stood in line for 30 minutes in the cold of the morning.  Got a fancy pen that says "I voted" on it.  Yay.

Did my part to get rid of Trump.  Probably wont amount to much, since I live in GOP bend-over-and-take-it-raw land that ALWAYS votes heavily republican, but still.  I gritted my teeth and voted for a space mutant. (Of course, the alternative was to watch as Azathoth the crawling chaos at the center of the universe surrounded by the cacophony of discordant flutes played by mindless idiots remain in office and demand blood sacrifice by may-eve. Kang and Kodos are tame in comparison. They just want to work us to death to make a giant space laser.)

So. Good luck everyone.

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41204 on: November 03, 2020, 08:54:27 am »

In lighter news, I just cast my ballot.

Stood in line for 30 minutes in the cold of the morning.  Got a fancy pen that says "I voted" on it.  Yay.

Did my part to get rid of Trump.  Probably wont amount to much, since I live in GOP bend-over-and-take-it-raw land that ALWAYS votes heavily republican, but still.  I gritted my teeth and voted for a space mutant. (Of course, the alternative was to watch as Azathoth the crawling chaos at the center of the universe surrounded by the cacophony of discordant flutes played by mindless idiots remain in office and demand blood sacrifice by may-eve. Kang and Kodos are tame in comparison. They just want to work us to death to make a giant space laser.)

So. Good luck everyone.

Let's be honest. Giant space lasers are cool. I could think of worse reasons to be worked to death.
Pages: 1 ... 2745 2746 [2747] 2748 2749 ... 3566