Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2720 2721 [2722] 2723 2724 ... 3566

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 4225318 times)

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread
« Reply #40815 on: October 25, 2020, 01:39:30 am »

I can't honestly say I know what #zoomergang and their poor, doomed, born-to-die unnamed successors think about Thanksgiving and Christmas, but even Back In My Day it sure seemed like both those days were for boomer fantasies and alcoholism more than anything else.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #40816 on: October 25, 2020, 01:54:07 am »

Just wait until monday!  I am sure it will be YUUGE! /trump

And it is only just autumn.  Can't wait until the clusters from after thanksgiving and christmas, because "But the CHILDREN EXPECT it!!! We CANT disappoint the CHILDREN!!"
Remember half a year ago we were promised we could go visit families for Easter?
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #40817 on: October 25, 2020, 02:05:22 am »

I can't honestly say I know what #zoomergang and their poor, doomed, born-to-die unnamed successors think about Thanksgiving and Christmas, but even Back In My Day it sure seemed like both those days were for boomer fantasies and alcoholism more than anything else.

Christmas was spent in a run-down motel room on an overly ambitious roadtrip. We spent Christmas morning watching A Christmas Story on cable and swatting rats off the pillows. As is tradition.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40818 on: October 25, 2020, 02:36:49 am »

I was just going by how my co-workers (who are 90+% female) carry on about having to work it.

"But I have KIDS, and they NEED Christmas!"

and other sob stories.

Given the "TRADITION!(tm)" mantra of your typical no-masker demographic members, I suspect very strong overlap with the "BUT THE CHILDREN!" and "IT'S CHRISTMAS!!" hysteria.

So, I am anticipating a truly horrible christmas infection cluster statistic.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40819 on: October 25, 2020, 02:46:19 am »

So, I am anticipating a truly horrible christmas infection cluster statistic.

Black Friday is about to get a lot blacker.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #40820 on: October 25, 2020, 02:50:05 am »

Given the effect that Presidential elections tend to have on the stock market, combined with the fragile bubble recovery we're in right now, combined with the possibility of an uncertain drawn-out election clusterfuck, and combined with the decline in Black Friday that's been happening for years now, I'm not convinced that there will even be such a thing this year.

Actually, didn't a bunch of companies preemptively cancel their Black Friday sales this year already?
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

The_Explorer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40821 on: October 25, 2020, 03:17:27 am »

This thread is rather disappointing. I already early voted (california) for biden so the current events dont really matter to me, but any outside is just gonna see left wing propaganda on this thread. I mean, my vote is still biden cause I think trump's incest and probably pedo stuff on the island (and probably his daughter) is EQUALLY messed up. But it seems the same doesn't apply if its a democrat. Where is the anger toward hunter and what was on his laptop? The news is barely talking about it and I was surprised that this thread pushes it off when it was mentioned because republicans do the same thing, making everyone (republicans AND democrats) exactly the same just different colors. But it makes coming to this thread like walking into a trump subreddit, but instead of trump its biden. Despite voting for him, I wasn't much a fan (I like harris a ton though) and he is kinda the same to me as trump, still a better choice for the VP alone. But its not good to not talk about the bad. I tried getting my friend to vote for biden despite what was going on, but he and some of my own family members ended up early voting today for trump because what was put out about hunter. My friend was on the edge, not liking a lot of what trump says and has done. But he pointed out if trump or one of his children had even been accused of having pedo images and all the stuff hunter had, it would be all the media would talk about 24/7.

Though I told him by voting for trump, he is also ignoring all the bad trump has done. I recommended him to write bernie's name in, but he thought it be a wasted vote.

Either way, the laptop stuff and how both sides treat it and all the stuff republicans do to protect trump with the same allegations made me realize why the two party system is junk, both parties are complete failures and keep putting out failure of candidates and both parties are only out for themselves. If republicans do something bad, republicans defend it or ignore it. If democrats do something bad, democrats defend it or ignore it. If trump or his son/daughter had pedo stuff and same stuff on his laptop (even if it was mere allegations), the republicans would act exactly as most of us democrats do and ignore it or brush it off.

I really wish it was bernie. Bernie has never been even slightly accused of anything, he'd been way better without all the controversy. Though saying that, my vote was more toward harris than it was biden, harris is actually a really good VP and she'd make a good president. So the best I can hope for is she becomes president in the future unless biden manages through

Anyway rant aside, I think to build a better political party or even rebuild what is already here, one must look at the bad (even if its allegations, cause allegations are alone enough to warrant suspicion these days), and work make it better so we don't end up with controversy and potentially actually harmed victims. Instead of ignoring it like both sides seem to do anytime one of their "own" is accused of something. But then look at the good and take advantage of that and also work toward making it even better. But right now both parties just ignore the bad or say its a lie and then both sides accuse each other of the same thing. the US political parties are a mess.

(edit:

Though to clarify, its nothing against anyone here. Its a general rant of the state of the media (not just the news, but reddit/twitter etc). Still some people here don't seem to care much. And I would agree Trump still does way worse things. But it seems everyone except republicans are brushing what was on the laptop under the rug, when there could be actual victims involved (seems its pretty proven, but even allegations these days is enough to bring people down or cause people to take notice). And even though my vote was (mostly) for harris, and I already voted. Its not very pleasant to see double standards no matter who is involved. Republicans do the same exact thing, they ignore anything bad that could harm them even if its allegations. Seems democrats using the same strategy. Which goes back to where I think the two party system is a failure for this reason (or a big reason imo).
« Last Edit: October 25, 2020, 03:30:13 am by The_Explorer »

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40822 on: October 25, 2020, 03:37:52 am »

Homie have you read this thread? It's not like anyone here is jumping for joy Biden is around. Hell, half this thread is slagging on how bad the Dems will fumble a take over if they squeeze out a win this time.

The Hunter story doesn't matter because it doesn't reflect on Biden poorly. It's honestly the most humanizing thing about him. If he gets elected and appoints him as whatever the fuck Trumps kids are doing, you'll hear outrage.

The_Explorer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40823 on: October 25, 2020, 03:50:24 am »

Homie have you read this thread? It's not like anyone here is jumping for joy Biden is around. Hell, half this thread is slagging on how bad the Dems will fumble a take over if they squeeze out a win this time.

The Hunter story doesn't matter because it doesn't reflect on Biden poorly. It's honestly the most humanizing thing about him. If he gets elected and appoints him as whatever the fuck Trumps kids are doing, you'll hear outrage.

I haven't been keeping up 100% on it, but I do remember seeing posts very disappointed it wasn't bernie. Though as I said in the post in the edit, its more outside the thread than this thread itself and ended up just ranting here. I didn't try to specifically target anyone, though I could have clarified more its the general state of things, not actually this thread.

I think what triggered my upsetness is some my family and my friend turning to trump despite him also probably being a pedo, just cause the hunter thing is recent and (some) people seem to have forgot trump was accused of the same thing. Though it isn't even biden that is going on, its hunter's laptop not biden's. Its really disappointing to see them go to trump, and my friend I've known for two decades now since highschool and he even voted hillary last elections so I dunno what made him go to trump this time around. Just he said the double standards and the laptop, but seemingly ignoring trump was accused of it and he is president not just someones son. I even pointed out to my friend that it was his son not biden, but its the same to him sadly.

Either way, hope it works out in the end in november. Hopefully it doesn't mess up harris's chances to be VP.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40824 on: October 25, 2020, 04:03:01 am »

I kinda understand where you're coming from Explorer. The current democratic system in America is just choosing what cancer you want. All you can really do is shrug your shoulders and say "The one that kills me slower I guess."

I'd love to change the system, but you can only vote for people, and not for systems.

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40825 on: October 25, 2020, 04:04:29 am »

The way I see it, if you're voting for Trump because of Hunter, it's not because of Hunter. People who make a big deal about this have told themselves that the claims against Trump are false because they are clearly not equivalent. Even the most lecherous Dem doesn't have 30+ assault claims.

I don't know how significant "character voting" is anymore. Some of my family are voting Trump because they care about taxes or abortion only. They are doing it in spite of Trump because their church/the people around them have told them it's best. They say Biden is a good guy (something I wouldn't agree with) but the issues that matter to them are taxes, etc. The Hunter thing gives people who recognize that as morally bankrupt a sliver of moral dignity, so they latch on.

Or, they've gotten brainwashed by Q, who knows.

I get the frustration. I also voted some time ago and so now only get my news from this thread because I can't suffer reading any more articles. I hope Biden wins just so the media won't cover him 24/7 because he is a boring man. Maybe Hunter will become the center of all media coverage until he fries his brain on chemicals with me in a basement somewhere.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40826 on: October 25, 2020, 05:37:45 am »

-
« Last Edit: November 24, 2020, 05:01:22 pm by dragdeler »
let

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #40827 on: October 25, 2020, 07:58:10 am »

Where is the anger toward hunter and what was on his laptop? The news is barely talking about it and I was surprised that this thread pushes it off when it was mentioned because republicans do the same thing, making everyone (republicans AND democrats) exactly the same just different colors. But it makes coming to this thread like walking into a trump subreddit, but instead of trump its biden.
Except it's not Biden. Say it with me now: Hunter Biden is not Joe Biden. Hunter Biden is not running for president. Hunter Biden is not involved in Joe Biden's campaign. Hunter Biden is not part of Joe Biden's staff, past (so far as I can recall, anyway) or present. Hunter Biden has no indication of being part of any future presidential administration, and has not, iirc, been part of a past one. Hunter Biden is not Joe Biden. Hunter Biden is not, in fact, running for president. Unlike Trump and his kids, Joe Biden has not meaningfully attempted to involve Hunter in his political or financial efforts. Unlike Trump's children, Hunter Biden has not made much of a name (for better or worse) for himself in the public sphere.

Reason one you're not seeing the Hunter (again, not Joe! Hunter is not Joe Biden, is not running for president, is not part of Joe Biden's campaign staff or previous political efforts) Biden laptop thing come up much is because it's literally irrelevant to much of anything actually going on, and no one's really given much of a shit about Hunter to begin with. At least the Clinton's buttered mails actually was something Hillary Clinton was actually involved with. Hunter's Mysterous Multiplying Laptops is not, actually, something Joe Biden has been involved with. It's not getting much airtime because it has more or less nothing to do with Joe Biden, and by extension his campaign, and as such largely just doesn't goddamn matter in the last couple weeks before election day.

Reason two is even freaking Fox is looking as some of the stuff related to the Hunter Biden thing and going, "Wait, no, this is horseshit." At the moment there's little to no actual proof visible to the public, and holes large enough to drive a semi through much of what is visible, starting with the basic premise of there being a staggering amount of evidence of criminal behavior on a laptop Hunter decided to drop off at some random mall in a state he doesn't even live in anymore, that he just left there and forgot. Then there's the time paradoxes involved in some of the shit that has gone public. Then there's the nature of the stuff the laptops are claimed to have -- shit that's explicitly and extremely criminal, and if actually exists would mean both the laptop repair person and Rudy at a minimum are now on the hook for felonies for how it's been handled. The list there just... keeps going.

The allegations aren't even remotely proven, at this point, the details visible to the public are so stupidly sketchy even bloody Fox has balked at carrying water for some of it, and even without all that, again, again, Hunter Biden is not Joe Biden. Hunter Biden is not running for president. Hunter Biden is not involved in Joe Biden's campaign.

So, like. No. Most folks are not particularly invested in the Hunter Biden shit. People mostly don't give a damn about Hunter Biden. Even if it all turned out to be true, something that would require literal time travel to happen, then fuck that guy in particular and who cares beyond that? Hunter ain't Joe. Hunter ain't running for president.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40828 on: October 25, 2020, 08:09:52 am »

The Hunter laptop stuff isn't worth listening to coming from the sources it's coming from. None of it is verifiable, a lot of it has a distinct odor to it.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/10/24/hunter-biden-hard-drive-lev-parnas-432108

There's a link if you need some counter-narrative. Questions the authenticity of the story of how the photos came to light. Even questions the authenticity of the available photos.

There's no doubt that Hunter has made some mistakes and been given more chances than the normal person based on his dad's name alone, but that's about all I can say for sure. That's about the worst conclusion you can come to with available verifiable evidence.

And here's my final take on this. EVEN IF all this stuff about Hunter was true. EVEN IF Biden had taken money to meet with people Hunter set up. How is that any worse, or any different than what Trump and his family have been doing for 4 years now? Trump and his sons have been lining their pockets on just that sort of pay for play shit this whole time. So even if it's true, all we can say is on that specific measure they're equally bad.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #40829 on: October 25, 2020, 08:27:44 am »

Going to have to second (third?) want Frumple and sluissa have said. Hunter isn’t Joe, and Joe is running for prez.

We know Hunter has issues with drugs, we also know he’s an adult so the video with the woman is fair enough, so long as both parties are consenting to the act and it being recorded. Haven’t read anything about the emails because how these things were revealed means you would have to take a whole heaping pile of salt with it.

Eric Trump literally met with foreign agents expecting to get dirt on Hilary back in ‘16, and his excuse for not reporting the a very illegal thing was that they didn’t actually have the dirt on Hilary.

Also, is there any evidence of pedo stuff on Hunter’s laptop? Even a quick search on t’internet revealed the right-wing sites not saying that.

Also no evidence of Trump having done pedo stuff, or incest stuff beyond saying Ivanka is pretty and he’d probably date her if he wasn’t related to her. Icky, sure, but nothing solid.

I think a lot of people in the thread are holding their nose as voting for Biden as he is so far from the ideal candidate, but if he wins it would mean no more Trump, until he inevitably decides to run again at some indeterminate point in the future because he thinks he can get another term in before he dies.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.
Pages: 1 ... 2720 2721 [2722] 2723 2724 ... 3566