Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2719 2720 [2721] 2722 2723 ... 3566

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 4224195 times)

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread
« Reply #40800 on: October 24, 2020, 08:22:41 am »

Remember when this sort of transitional shit was just childish fun?

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #40801 on: October 24, 2020, 03:58:43 pm »

Okay, is it just me, or is this thread breaking down?  Not in a debate sense but in an infrastructure sense.  When I clicked the 'new' button, I'm flung to a different page than where I last left off, and clicking on some quotes is taking me to the completely wrong one.  And not even old posts, but even ones as recent as Dostoevsky's quoting of MetalSlimeHunt was throwing me not to MSH's post, but the past it was quoted in.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40802 on: October 24, 2020, 04:01:35 pm »

Yeah, because there were posts here which were deleted when somebody had their entire account deleted, the quote and new buttons are broken. It's a problem for a lot of these longer running threads.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #40803 on: October 24, 2020, 04:09:06 pm »

SMF is completely fucked, at least the version B12 is running. I don't remember all the details but Toady says he's exhausted his options for now on it. Basically the whole internal registry of posts is now offset. In WTF thread it's offset by like 20 pages. It does seem to be having an effect on threads that don't even have posts deleted, and I'm guessing it's why post searching constantly fails too.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40804 on: October 24, 2020, 04:18:09 pm »

I've never had much issue with searching or linking to posts in short threads.

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40805 on: October 24, 2020, 04:36:05 pm »

I believe the threads affected are those that Great Order had touched. He left much devastation in his wake.
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #40806 on: October 24, 2020, 04:37:57 pm »

There's a few people who have gotten account deletions. At one point this left the posts behind but just killed the account itself, but now the posts are deleted too. I'm not sure if it's a change in the software or Toady just honoring requests for complete deletion.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40807 on: October 24, 2020, 05:25:16 pm »

I believe the threads affected are those that Great Order had touched. He left much devastation in his wake.

Forum Historians will remember the lower boards being forever torn asunder in the event known as 'The Great Fap'.

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40808 on: October 24, 2020, 05:33:28 pm »

It's sobering to experience the full devastation one man can bring with a few mere faps of his keys...

feelotraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • (y-sqrt{|x|})^2+x^2=1
    • View Profile
« Reply #40809 on: October 24, 2020, 06:15:16 pm »

Not sure why they wanted a Lunch Code from me, but I 100% gave the correct answer.  Didn't even need my glasses.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40810 on: October 24, 2020, 10:01:38 pm »

-
« Last Edit: November 24, 2020, 05:01:17 pm by dragdeler »
let

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40811 on: October 24, 2020, 10:04:22 pm »

Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

Cyroth

• Bay Watcher
  • [FABULOUS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #40812 on: October 24, 2020, 10:05:50 pm »

Always. A. Relevant. XKCD.
Demons are preferable to ravens.
A noble just suffered a genuine unfortunate accident.
Has that ever happened before?

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #40813 on: October 25, 2020, 12:43:11 am »

I feel like I'm the only person who cares but we had 78,000 cases today. Which is enough to have broken our previous record in July (75,400), if not for yesterday already doing so! But this is a Saturday! Cases have been lower than usual on weekends every single weekend since this pandemic started, in every country (including the US)! Meaning: imagine how much higher they'll be during the week, if they're this high on the weekend? This is alarming. We smashed the old surge record and any hope that was the highpoint have dimmed. At this rate we will hit 100,000 daily cases in a week (just in time for Election day, come to think of it).
« Last Edit: October 25, 2020, 01:52:07 am by misko27 »
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40814 on: October 25, 2020, 01:37:07 am »

Just wait until monday!  I am sure it will be YUUGE! /trump

And it is only just autumn.  Can't wait until the clusters from after thanksgiving and christmas, because "But the CHILDREN EXPECT it!!! We CANT disappoint the CHILDREN!!"

Pages: 1 ... 2719 2720 [2721] 2722 2723 ... 3566