Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2684 2685 [2686] 2687 2688 ... 3566

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 4225230 times)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread
« Reply #40275 on: October 08, 2020, 06:42:34 am »

Huh. Biden victory fund thing is legit offering "truth over flies" fly swatters. Someone's on top of things, apparently.

... currently says they're sold out, though.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #40276 on: October 08, 2020, 08:19:59 am »

Man who is totally alive and hasn't been replaced by a soundalike Donald Trump refuses to do the second debate.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #40277 on: October 08, 2020, 08:21:38 am »

Seeing Trump's tweets when on steroids is just watching someone try drugs for the first time.

Welcome to the fold, teetotaler.

Dostoevsky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40278 on: October 08, 2020, 09:15:54 am »

BTU.

If that was directed at me, I was talking not about the unit of energy but the transmission networks and regulatory constructs that manage energy here - Regional Transmission Organizations and various other entities, as seen in this map:

It's a mixture of physical power lines not crossing certain areas / state lines, and the way the power markets happen to be setup (i.e. who can buy and who can sell, and from where).

Yes, but NY's power generation still uses fossil fuels imported from elsewhere (probably including Wyoming). The fossil fuels aren't necessarily burned in situ, there's a whole market for them.

The mix is actually quite different between NY and WY, continuing to use them as examples. Compare EIA's profiles here and here, which even account for energy imports and exports. They're not exact figures, mind, but work as good ballparks. Most of that natural gas comes from Pennsylvania, mostly likely - natural gas is a bit more tricky to transport than coal, and coal is increasingly not used much in the U.S.

Furthermore, these days the transportation sector is actually the largest source of GHG emissions nationwide (though not the case in every state yet). Comparing the consumption figures again from EIA, NY uses 10 times more energy for transportation, but has over 30 times the population. [Edit: It's a good chance that much of WY's transportation emissions are pass-through truck freight, though.]

Google Scholar is your friend:

Probably a quirk of Google's relentless 'personalization', but your linked search isn't turning up the quoted article for me. That said, most of the ones that turn up are in a similar vein. It's interesting stuff, though unfortunately faces limits in terms of area needed for the sheer number of people that exist these days / in the not-so-distant future.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2020, 09:33:01 am by Dostoevsky »

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #40279 on: October 08, 2020, 12:54:57 pm »

So apparently a bunch of the Very Fine People were planning on kidnapping Michigan Governor Gretchen Whitmer, and this was what the FBI's big announcement yesterday was really supposed to be about.

And down here in the Cal Cunningham Clusterfuck, the NC GOP and the husband of the woman he cheated with are trying to get him prosecuted under the UMCJ because Cunningham is a reservist and adultery is a crime under some circumstances in the UMCJ. Great. Great.
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40280 on: October 08, 2020, 01:25:48 pm »

Man who is totally alive and hasn't been replaced by a soundalike Donald Trump refuses to do the second debate.
For clarification seems he refuses to do a remote debate.  Totally fine with in person.

Watch, next debate, we see Trump run around the installed plexiglass and spit on barf on lick Biden.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2020, 01:27:48 pm by Zangi »
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Dostoevsky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40281 on: October 08, 2020, 01:45:52 pm »

For those who haven't heard, one of Trump's various random claims/statements is more of a real thing now: the administration is planning on sending all Medicare recipients a $200 cash card right before the election, including a letter from Trump reminding them who to thank for the cash money.

I mentioned this to my mother (a medicare recipient), and she lasered in on the part of the documentation noting that $51M of the expenses is for the cash cards themselves. I imagine this is likely the same tech that was used in the $1,200 COVID relief checks... some government contractor is probably getting a sweet deal over this.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #40282 on: October 08, 2020, 01:48:29 pm »

Just like the stimulus check was good for, what, about a month for the below average American family's rent and cost of living, what the hell is $200 going to do for Medicare recipients? About a month's supply of what they need, if that?

It's like Trump thinks no one knows what their own bills are and are just gonna go "WWOOOOOO FREE MONEY THANKS GENERALISIMO DONALDE!"
« Last Edit: October 08, 2020, 04:58:46 pm by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40283 on: October 08, 2020, 01:50:11 pm »

I mean, they definitely are.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #40284 on: October 08, 2020, 02:12:43 pm »

For those who haven't heard, one of Trump's various random claims/statements is more of a real thing now: the administration is planning on sending all Medicare recipients a $200 cash card right before the election, including a letter from Trump reminding them who to thank for the cash money.

I mentioned this to my mother (a medicare recipient), and she lasered in on the part of the documentation noting that $51M of the expenses is for the cash cards themselves. I imagine this is likely the same tech that was used in the $1,200 COVID relief checks... some government contractor is probably getting a sweet deal over this.
Good thing the Post Office isn't in disarray, so that these proud patriots can cast an informed vote with cash in hand.
No Gods, No Masters.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40285 on: October 08, 2020, 03:02:38 pm »

They should make a scrip called Trump Dollars, then Trump can switch to issuing those instead of regular dollars and save the government a lot of money.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #40286 on: October 08, 2020, 04:26:37 pm »

Good thing the Post Office isn't in disarray, so that these proud patriots can cast an informed vote with cash in hand.
Don't be silly of course they can get it to go through. All trump and the postmaster general have to do is tell the postmen to deliver these at the expense of every single other piece of mail.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2020, 05:04:35 pm by lemon10 »
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #40287 on: October 08, 2020, 05:02:59 pm »

If these cash cards arent somehow tied to individuals, I see a huge problem.

So what's the going street rate for a bottle of oxycontin, a card? Two cards? How about insulin?

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #40288 on: October 08, 2020, 05:16:27 pm »

Cal Cunningham is now actually being investigated by the Army Reserve.

FUCKING. DEMOCRATS.
No Gods, No Masters.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #40289 on: October 08, 2020, 05:23:21 pm »

Cal Cunningham is now actually being investigated by the Army Reserve.

FUCKING. DEMOCRATS.
Or more specifically, Democrats fucking.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.
Pages: 1 ... 2684 2685 [2686] 2687 2688 ... 3566