Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2676 2677 [2678] 2679 2680 ... 3566

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 4226069 times)

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread
« Reply #40155 on: October 05, 2020, 05:14:18 pm »

I deigned to check CNN over the weekend and saw "Trump likely to be back in the White House by Monday."  That pretty much told me all I needed to know about how much weight they're giving safety vs. appearances.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40156 on: October 05, 2020, 05:15:42 pm »

It's fine if he gets through with nothing but his ego bruised. The election though: I sincerely hope he will get completely trashed and humiliated out there.
But then, that is unlikely to happen. 

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #40157 on: October 05, 2020, 05:34:38 pm »

Yeah, I admit I literally laughed out loud when I heard Trump was sick, because it just feels so much like poetic irony, the perfect consequence, exactly what I expected to happen, etc. But it's clear it will just be used to justify his anti-quarantine, non-compliance, "don't trust the CDC, the numbers are all literally fake" stance him and his propaganda artists have pushing since things started that has resulted in so many deaths in the first place. Which means more people will die as a result.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #40158 on: October 05, 2020, 06:07:14 pm »

-what if JB gets it?-

I interpreted JB as Jeb Bush at first. :P
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #40159 on: October 05, 2020, 06:13:02 pm »

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40160 on: October 05, 2020, 06:13:23 pm »

The actual quote is:

"...anyone who has the power to make you believe absurdities has the power to make you commit injustices".

Voltaire - Questions sur les miracles (1765)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Note to self:  Try not to namedrop famous quotations at your bedtime. :)

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40161 on: October 05, 2020, 06:14:00 pm »

I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40162 on: October 05, 2020, 06:17:27 pm »

*Claps*

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #40163 on: October 05, 2020, 06:28:45 pm »

That's like that subplot that ends up in every HoI4 mod where a historical leader has some kind of health trauma happen to them and it triggers them into insanity and opens up that country's nightmare path.

What I'm saying is, nuclear war by tomorrow.

Apparently 35% of people on dexamethasone suffer from psychological issues as a side effect.

He still intends to campaign despite being ill. What a champ.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2020, 06:31:12 pm by hector13 »
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #40164 on: October 05, 2020, 06:28:52 pm »

There is a grave waiting for Donald Trump, too.

Death is lonely, the grave is not.
The dead man does not remember anything from the past, yet the grave stands as a leaflet against oblivion.
The man, who was selfish, manipulative and heartless in the years that he lived, isn't troubled by his conscience after death.
The grave however, is the memory of the dead and doesn't rest for a moment.

The grave of Roy Cohn, too, is nothing but a notebook of the deceased.
That grave waits for the grave of Donald Trump, to chat, before eternal silence comes, about the past and present.

Roy Cohn died in the summer of 1986.
The man, who started his turbulent life as the son of Jewish parents from New York, died when only 59 years old.
He had studied law, and soon after his studies, joined the McCarthy-witchhunt to make a quick name as a fervent communist hunter.
He worked his job with so much fervour, that he climbed the ranks to become McCarthy's right hand.

The young Roy Cohn was infamous for his manipulative interrogations.
People whispered that he made up confessions.
Innocent people were sentenced to years of prison because of him.
Roy Cohn couldn't care less.
In his later years, he even bragged and boasted about the dubious methods he had used in his years as prosecutor.

Roy Cohn was a Jew, but he hated Jews.
He was homosexual, yet in 1953, he lobbied in the circles of president Dwight Eisenhower for a complete ban on homosexuals in government service.
He was someone to bite down and not let go, and succeeded in banning homosexuals from civic duty.

Cohn acquired more and more power, so much power that those in Washington felt threatened and banned this man  -if you ask me, the first demon of boundless immorality and indecency born from the womb of democracy -  from the halls of important state institutions.

Cohn returned to New York and became a lawyer with the most dubious of connections.
That is where the paths of Roy Cohn and Donald Trump first crossed.
At the time, the Trumps were at odds with the Justice Department, because they refused to rent homes to black Americans.
Cohn took Donald by the hand: taught him to always seek the offensive, urging him to never, ever, take a step back, advised him to never admit a mistake, and became not only his lawyer, but also some kind of guru to him.

In those years, Trump succeeded in realizing building projects in New York that were deemed impossible.
The combination of the aggressive businessman Trump, Cohn's vast network, and the unscrupulousness of a thousand hyenas granted brand awareness for Trump.
In fact, he very much owns his presidency to the successes he had in the 1970s with Cohn at his side.

A virus, unknown at that time, ended this 'golden couple'.
Although Cohn tried to keep up appearances that he had liver cancer, it soon became known that he had aids.
When Trump heard this, he immediatly ended their friendship.
After all, their life philosophy was to always place self-interest above all else, and thus Cohn died without a single word of comfort from the man he had made great.

Now, many years later, the world is under the spell of another virus.
It is true that the chances of Trump dying to the virus are deemed low.
But a grave does not only have a great memory, it also has all the patience in the world.
Roy Cohn's grave waits calmly.
So it can, when the day comes, address that other man that paved his road with corpses.

'What has been going on since I died?'

'We sunk our teeth into the world.  Remember Sylvio Berlusconi?  It all started with him.
After that we never let go.'

'I suspected as much.  Lurid was the wind in those years, grim the faces of the living that passed by here.'

'In your last months, I abandoned you.  I remained loyal to your life's philososphy to always pursue self-interest.'

'Look! Gloomy are the trees today.  More gloomy then they were yesterday.
It will rain soon, the angry water in our soil'

- by Erdal Balci, journalist and writer

translated from https://www.volkskrant.nl/columns-opinie/er-is-ook-een-graf-dat-op-donald-trump-wacht~bf5a6bf7/
« Last Edit: October 05, 2020, 06:45:49 pm by martinuzz »
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40165 on: October 05, 2020, 06:42:51 pm »

-what if JB gets it?-

I interpreted JB as Jeb Bush at first. :P
I did too. :3

Tho I don't think that would be the end of things, tbh. A lot of people would prefer Kamala to Joe.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40166 on: October 05, 2020, 06:49:04 pm »

https://www.nytimes.com/live/2020/10/05/world/covid-trump

https://apnews.com/article/virus-outbreak-donald-trump-archive-d39bd670e8a280b6283abcdfc91d4794

Way to go Donnie-- Spread that virus! Spread it like Philly cream cheese on an overcooked bagel.  Halloween is just around the corner, be sure to yell "trick or treat!" at your cabinet and supporters without your mask on. It's traditional.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40167 on: October 05, 2020, 06:56:00 pm »

He's realized he's not gonna win, and might not make it, so he's gotta take everyone down with him.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40168 on: October 05, 2020, 07:25:49 pm »

Cheesiness intensifies

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/2020/10/05/trump-defeats-covid-commemorative-coins-on-sale-gift-shop/3628383001/

Does this count as a "Titanic level" demonstration of Hubris, or do we need something more?

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40169 on: October 05, 2020, 07:31:06 pm »

-
« Last Edit: November 24, 2020, 04:56:31 pm by dragdeler »
let
Pages: 1 ... 2676 2677 [2678] 2679 2680 ... 3566