Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2674 2675 [2676] 2677 2678 ... 3566

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 4226332 times)

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread
« Reply #40125 on: October 04, 2020, 09:38:05 pm »

My stance on the matter closely emulates that of the entire British populace upon the untimely death of Margaret Thatcher in 2003, may God rest her soul. I don't need to elaborate further to get my point across.

Also I don't want to get banned for wishing death upon someone.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2020, 09:41:41 pm by Sentient Bowtie »
Black lives matter.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40126 on: October 04, 2020, 10:54:14 pm »

Ding Dong? ;)

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40127 on: October 04, 2020, 11:05:15 pm »

Gotta love that wicked British humor.
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #40128 on: October 04, 2020, 11:22:02 pm »

On the off hand, if he does die, were stuck with pence, at least until january. And pence isn't exactly an improvement. Has he stopped supporting electrocuting the gay out of people?
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #40129 on: October 04, 2020, 11:40:26 pm »

Exactly.  Much of Trump's supposed base is the radical Christians voting against body autonomy.

Anti-abortionists voting for Pence, knowing full well that Trump is a disgusting profligate.

That's why this Supreme Court matter is of the utmost importance.  I would have hoped he'd choose some Liberal (since he is, inherently, a liberal) but nope, he is a feckless slave of the alt-right and revelationist Christians.

Edit:  Sorry, I probably shouldn't say such things without any sources.  Here's an ex Jehovah's Witness.
The short version is that she doesn't even pretend to obey the Constitution of the USA, her opinion on record is that Catholics (including her weird subset of Catholicism) should ignore the law when necessary.

Edit2: Oops, link added
« Last Edit: October 05, 2020, 07:29:03 am by Rolan7 »
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Dostoevsky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40130 on: October 05, 2020, 01:13:15 am »

Link not working -- might you fix it?

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40131 on: October 05, 2020, 03:49:10 am »

Does anyone here think he'll actually get discharged tomorrow?
...that might depend on Melania. Or Stormy.

thompson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40132 on: October 05, 2020, 04:26:24 am »

Honestly, they’re probably just setting up a medical ward in the White House. Shouldn’t take that long. I expect there will be doctors on hand, with a ventilator or two just in case.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40133 on: October 05, 2020, 07:02:09 am »

https://twitter.com/ducklingsmith/status/1311969005901668353

I know he's only a symptom of the problems we have, but also a great thought.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40134 on: October 05, 2020, 07:31:54 am »

On that note Rolan mentioned, here's an opinion piece from another Catholic saying how Barrett's faith is not above question, and why: https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/2020/09/24/supreme-courtreligious-beliefs-420863

Of course, Nancy Pelosi has said that "questions about her religion are off limits" like someone who won't fight at all.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2020, 08:11:35 am by Doomblade187 »
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #40135 on: October 05, 2020, 07:53:34 am »

There's been a lot of Discourse on the vocally wishing for Trump's death topic lately.

In general I think the last thing we need right now is a giant injection of uncertainty.  It seems to be the season of people tattling on themselves.  On the right I see people eagerly signal-boosting guides to "just asking questions" in your workplace's diversity seminars, AKA guides to irritating the shit out of everyone in the room, even the people who might otherwise agree with you, plus getting fired as a bonus.

And then there was that coinbase "businesses should be apolitical" debacle which came to a head with people cheering on mass murder under their real names.

And now people seem to be chafing under the idea that loudly wishing for someone's painful undignified death is going to have social consequences.  Do I want him to die?  Not really, see paragraph 2.  Does he deserve it?  Yeah, kind of.  Am I gonna say that out loud?  Fuck no.
Shoes...

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40136 on: October 05, 2020, 08:13:29 am »

Yeah, it really feels like his own actions coming around to bite him - despite all his behind the scenes precautions, it just took one non mask wearing person to get everyone exposed, in a crowd of non-mask wearing people. Wear y'all's masks.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #40137 on: October 05, 2020, 08:21:14 am »

There's been a lot of Discourse on the vocally wishing for Trump's death topic lately.

In general I think the last thing we need right now is a giant injection of uncertainty.  It seems to be the season of people tattling on themselves.  On the right I see people eagerly signal-boosting guides to "just asking questions" in your workplace's diversity seminars, AKA guides to irritating the shit out of everyone in the room, even the people who might otherwise agree with you, plus getting fired as a bonus.

And then there was that coinbase "businesses should be apolitical" debacle which came to a head with people cheering on mass murder under their real names.

And now people seem to be chafing under the idea that loudly wishing for someone's painful undignified death is going to have social consequences.  Do I want him to die?  Not really, see paragraph 2.  Does he deserve it?  Yeah, kind of.  Am I gonna say that out loud?  Fuck no.

Similarly
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40138 on: October 05, 2020, 08:25:00 am »

-
« Last Edit: November 24, 2020, 04:56:27 pm by dragdeler »
let

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40139 on: October 05, 2020, 08:51:00 am »

On that note Rolan mentioned, here's an opinion piece from another Catholic saying how Barrett's faith is not above question, and why: https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/2020/09/24/supreme-courtreligious-beliefs-420863

Of course, Nancy Pelosi has said that "questions about her religion are off limits" like someone who won't fight at all.

I largely think they're trying to not tread on the wrong side of the constitution. I think it's a fair argument that if you focus on the People of Praise specifically, you might be able to go there, but it'd be walking the line closely. However, given Feinstein's trampling all over said line in Barrett's previous confirmation hearing, they may want to be more careful this time around. I imagine the only reason that didn't blow up more than it did was because she eventually got confirmed anyway.
Pages: 1 ... 2674 2675 [2676] 2677 2678 ... 3566