Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2602 2603 [2604] 2605 2606 ... 3567

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 4229781 times)

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread
« Reply #39046 on: September 03, 2020, 09:45:08 pm »

What’s your point? Voting fraud happens.

But not that much.

The Brennan Center’s seminal report on this issue, The Truth About Voter Fraud, found that most reported incidents of voter fraud are actually traceable to other sources, such as clerical errors or bad data matching practices. The report reviewed elections that had been meticulously studied for voter fraud, and found incident rates between 0.0003 percent and 0.0025 percent. Given this tiny incident rate for voter impersonation fraud, it is more likely, the report noted, that an American “will be struck by lightning than that he will impersonate another voter at the polls.”

A comprehensive 2014 study published in The Washington Post found 31 credible instances of impersonation fraud from 2000 to 2014, out of more than 1 billion ballots cast. Even this tiny number is likely inflated, as the study’s author counted not just prosecutions or convictions, but any and all credible claims.

A 2014 study that examined impersonation fraud both at the polls and by mail ballot found zero instances in the jurisdictions studied.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39047 on: September 03, 2020, 10:42:10 pm »

Even that NY Post article says explicitly, "I worked on a fire commissioner’s race in Burlington County. The smaller the race, the easier it is to do."

When you're talking about a race where a few hundred or a few thousand are going to make the difference, sure.

Now there's no guarantee that the presidential race WON'T be determined by a few hundred or a few thousand votes. The electoral college means that's a possibility with swing states being a thing. But it becomes much more of a gamble that your efforts at voter fraud would be A: Effective at all. or B: Focused in an area where it makes a difference.

Individuals, or small groups working like that do not worry me at all for national elections. Larger groups doing things like that become much less easy to hide.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39048 on: September 04, 2020, 01:34:30 am »

Wow

https://www.news.com.au/finance/work/leaders/donald-trump-reportedly-called-soldiers-who-died-in-war-losers/news-story/ee46bae608789b3bc699b67ed09ce6fe

While he was staying in Paris, Mr Trump famously cancelled a planned visit to the Aisne-Marne American Cemetery – where he had been scheduled to lay a wreath and observe a moment of silence – because of weather conditions.

“Why should I go to that cemetery? It’s filled with losers,” the US President reportedly said.

During a different conversation on the same trip, Mr Trump reportedly referred to the fallen marines from Belleau Wood as “suckers”.

EDIT:

On Memorial Day in 2017, Mr Trump visited Arlington National Cemetery with his then-future (and now former) White House chief of staff, retired marine general John Kelly.

Gen Kelly’s son Robert was killed in Afghanistan in 2010, and is buried at Arlington. Standing next to his grave, Mr Trump reportedly turned to Gen Kelly and said: “I don’t get it. What was in it for them?”

The source Goldberg cites for this, again anonymously, is described as “one of Kelly’s friends” and a retired four-star general.

The guy really is pathological grade-A sociopath. He doesn't get why people risk their life on behalf of their country. I guess everything for Trump is a grift and his worldview is that everyone else is just running a grift too.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2020, 01:43:09 am by Reelya »

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39049 on: September 04, 2020, 02:12:03 am »

Wow, he's said some terrible things before, but this takes the cake.  How could any Trump supporter spin something like this to make it acceptable?

Cheesy Honkers

• Bay Watcher
  • eat the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #39050 on: September 04, 2020, 02:12:36 am »

Quote from: Donald Trump
“Why should I go to that cemetery? It’s filled with losers.”
Might be the first time I agree with Trump. Save for American involvement in World War II, the US has only waged immoral wars.

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39051 on: September 04, 2020, 02:13:38 am »

Found it.

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #39052 on: September 04, 2020, 02:15:17 am »

Trump's right - Bush's wars were pointless and Obama and the Radical LEFT just made things worse! Important American lives lost for no reason. God Bless our Peaceful President.

Something like that, I guess.

The WW2 one? I dunno something about Jews probably.

(Sniped by two others)

Cheesy Honkers

• Bay Watcher
  • eat the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #39053 on: September 04, 2020, 02:16:10 am »

Found it.
I am a Trump supporter now? Damn, that was easy

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39054 on: September 04, 2020, 02:16:16 am »

Might be the first time I agree with Trump. Save for American involvement in World War II, the US has only waged immoral wars.
lmao what   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #39055 on: September 04, 2020, 02:21:40 am »

I know, right? Clearly Cheesy has been deeply affected by imperialist revisionism to think US involvement in World War II was moral, and not literally driven by a desire to take over the world which mostly succeeded.

let the struggle sessions begin
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39056 on: September 04, 2020, 02:23:15 am »

I know, right? Clearly Cheesy has been deeply affected by imperialist revisionism to think US involvement in World War II was moral, and not literally driven by a desire to take over the world which mostly succeeded.

let the struggle sessions begin

You can't really blame soldiers for going to war, even if you think the war is immoral.  People were drafted during WW2.  They didn't go to "take over the world," they went because the government forced them to.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39057 on: September 04, 2020, 02:24:40 am »

Regardless of the politics behind the wars, the soldier's aren't to blame for that. A soldier sent to Vietnam or Iraq is no more a loser than a soldier sent to France in WWI or WWII. That the soldiers happened to be "not-losers" because they happened to be fighting the Nazis instead of anyone else is rubbish. The political class points you at the enemy, you're indoctrinated that they're evil and you fight them.

Especially from someone like Trump. In his view, the person giving the orders or profiteering off the war is the winner, the person taking the orders is the loser or sucker.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #39058 on: September 04, 2020, 02:25:07 am »

They didn't go to "take over the world," they went because the government forced them to.
yes

in order to take over the world
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39059 on: September 04, 2020, 02:26:48 am »

Because these people were forced by their government to go to war, they're trash and losers?  Disgusting.
Pages: 1 ... 2602 2603 [2604] 2605 2606 ... 3567