Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2601 2602 [2603] 2604 2605 ... 3567

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 4228918 times)

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread
« Reply #39030 on: September 03, 2020, 09:30:55 am »

-
« Last Edit: November 24, 2020, 04:41:04 pm by dragdeler »
let

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #39031 on: September 03, 2020, 09:39:04 am »

? The average is still up 7+, and as near as I could tell from a quick check has actually been trending up the last few days? It's down from a 9+ lead a month or so ago, but it's still pretty strong as American election polling goes and like double the lead from the lowest points I noticed. Some contraction is also pretty bog standard as presidential polling goes, iirc.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39032 on: September 03, 2020, 09:43:03 am »

Could be taking lessons from last time. Clinton kept getting hit by (largely bogus/disproportionate) bad publicity, would fight back, recover the advantage, then out of nowhere (or at least beyond the usual quarters) gets hit by something else, that's reacted to, repeat repeat repeat.

This time, not dodging every single feint and bluff at the very moment, but letting the opponent flail all the ineffectual (cancer-causing) windmills to try to provoke any response, triage just the more dangerous hits, and build up a proper argument in response when the time is right.

Maybe. Hard to tell what's going on in the background, but the process of what happened in '16 can't be allowed to happen again exactly the same way, certainly.

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39033 on: September 03, 2020, 11:08:00 am »

It's pretty standard for a candidate to get a slight bump after a convention. Dems had their convention. Biden had a small bump. Repubs had their convention, Trump had a slight bump. We're also only talking a point or two either way on average.

And to be fair, this is all more or less within the margin of error.

6 months ago Biden was at 49.8 avg. 3 months ago Biden was at 49.2 avg. Today Biden is at 50.2 avg. Nationwide.

Those numbers are close enough to be counted as little or no change.

6 months ago Trump was at 45.6 avg. 3 months ago Trump was at 43.0 avg. Today Trump is at 42.9 avg. Nationwide.*

You could say a trend downwards, if you squint, but still more or less the same.

But overall, both candidates are very steady. I think there's not much you can say as far as changes in polling.

I think the determining factor in November will, as usual (but much more in the news this time) come down to which side can bring out more voters. It's one thing to say who you support over the phone or whatever, it's another completely to get people to actually vote.

*Yes, there was a dip down to ~41% in Trump's polls for a period in Jun-July. So if you stopped the chart there, you could say he is definitely trending downwards, but it will depend on if the bump back up to ~43% is temporary, perhaps from the convention, or if he remains there for the immediate future.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #39034 on: September 03, 2020, 11:55:34 am »

https://abc11.com/politics/nc-boe-responds-after-trump-tells-people-to-try-to-vote-twice/6404778/
Just some local news from Trump's visit yesterday.  Trump advising his supporters to perform the felonious voter fraud he's been scaremongering over.  What an efficient and brazen way to further discredit the election.

Also Pence was at a local church today to denounce female bodily autonomy, and is on his way to pick up an endorsement from local police.

Got nothing nice to say about all this, kinda livid.  Wanted to march but I couldn't sleep last night, so temporarily immunocompromised.  just... ugh.

Edit: Oh sorry didn't notice I got ninja'd there:
The only way to be sure there’s going to be voting fraud is to ask people to engage in voting fraud.
I just noticed it in local news while exhausted
« Last Edit: September 03, 2020, 05:17:13 pm by Rolan7 »
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39035 on: September 03, 2020, 05:05:40 pm »

-
« Last Edit: November 24, 2020, 04:41:08 pm by dragdeler »
let

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #39036 on: September 03, 2020, 05:11:19 pm »

Pokemon Go to the polls...?
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39037 on: September 03, 2020, 05:28:56 pm »

-
« Last Edit: November 24, 2020, 04:41:12 pm by dragdeler »
let

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39038 on: September 03, 2020, 06:40:54 pm »

Signs like that can be user made in game. I'm pretty sure that's all they did. You just draw something in the game, and you can share it with others with the QR code. So anyone can make a Trump sign as well and share it just as easily.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39039 on: September 03, 2020, 07:01:00 pm »

-
« Last Edit: November 24, 2020, 04:41:16 pm by dragdeler »
let

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39040 on: September 03, 2020, 07:12:08 pm »

Isabelle already has gang tattoos, you just can't see them because she has fur.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #39041 on: September 03, 2020, 07:15:31 pm »

That contrast is probably why Doomguy and Isabelle have so much wholesome (if violent) mashup content.  I'm not going to link any, but Isabelle firing a shotgun is a treasure.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #39043 on: September 03, 2020, 09:07:25 pm »

Times is the sorta' reliable one, yeah. Post is a Murdoch owned tabloid, more or less. Can't recall with mag, but eh.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #39044 on: September 03, 2020, 09:14:38 pm »

Yeah, NY Post is a conservative poop rag.

I wouldn’t confuse a biased newspaper citing an anonymous source and various misleading bits and pieces throughout the article as equivalent to academic research on the subject.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.
Pages: 1 ... 2601 2602 [2603] 2604 2605 ... 3567