Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2558 2559 [2560] 2561 2562 ... 3566

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 4226859 times)

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread
« Reply #38385 on: July 31, 2020, 11:58:34 am »

Also, what's up with China mailing random people unsolicited bags of seeds?
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #38386 on: July 31, 2020, 12:16:22 pm »

I'm assuming they're infected with something and it's biological warfare.

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38387 on: July 31, 2020, 12:18:55 pm »

Also, what's up with China mailing random people unsolicited bags of seeds?

Whatever this is, it sounds related to a method of boosting products on Amazon via fake reviews which are made possible by placing real orders sent to random overseas addresses.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #38388 on: July 31, 2020, 12:20:35 pm »

Yeah my mom called me about this and was like "is this bioterrorism?" by mailing people a possible invasive species.

The above seems a lot more likely.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38390 on: July 31, 2020, 12:43:43 pm »

They're probably demon-seeds, containing alien DNA. So no problem there, then.

(I remember the fuss in the UK about Space Tomatoes, from seeds distributed through schools and then disposed of by concerned parents who heard on the grapetomato-vine that they'd be dangerous. Ithought it was a UK/EU thing, but this US-based one is the best match[1] I can find that looks like what I remember, with significant overlap to the brief mention here...)

messed up tags... And I'm obvi9usly looking for something (almost) pre-web, and absent from other longer-standing internet archives that have been let slip/remained unintegrated since
[1] An amazing number of Google results to a search with "tomato" as part of it feature pages without "tomato"z without even the "Does not contain..." bit. As if "tomato" (also "tomatoes") has the same 'do not even bother' status of "an", "the", "of"...
« Last Edit: July 31, 2020, 12:51:36 pm by Starver »

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38391 on: July 31, 2020, 01:10:44 pm »

Sounds like the beginning of a Junji Ito-style story, where a bunch of people would get mysterious seeds from an unknown sender, then they plant them, and over time they grow into trees that bear a striking resemblance to the people that planted them. The planters grow increasingly obsessed with their plants, feeding it bits of themselves through a tree-like 'mouth' opening, and the plants would get even more human like. In the end, the planters would die of blood loss from feeding their trees too much of their own bodies, and then the now fully formed tree-people would uproot themselves and assume their identities as botanical dopplegangers.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #38392 on: July 31, 2020, 01:17:54 pm »

Then they receive some mystical seeds by mail
Love, scriver~

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #38393 on: July 31, 2020, 01:22:27 pm »

But those sprout giant beanstalks that lead to the realm of Giant Chinese People living in the clouds.
Then they invade

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38394 on: July 31, 2020, 03:38:35 pm »

Sounds like the beginning of a Junji Ito-style story, where a bunch of people would get mysterious seeds from an unknown sender, then they plant them, and over time they grow into trees that bear a striking resemblance to the people that planted them. The planters grow increasingly obsessed with their plants, feeding it bits of themselves through a tree-like 'mouth' opening, and the plants would get even more human like. In the end, the planters would die of blood loss from feeding their trees too much of their own bodies, and then the now fully formed tree-people would uproot themselves and assume their identities as botanical dopplegangers.
Hey, free immortality. Just plant a seed when you're young, then transfer your vitality to it later. It's like the DnD spell Clone.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #38395 on: July 31, 2020, 03:49:59 pm »

I think you're failing to see the thing where it's not immortality because you will be dead
Love, scriver~

voliol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Website
« Reply #38396 on: July 31, 2020, 04:06:50 pm »

Didn't the Yeerks from Animorphs do this? Take over people's bodies and then mimic them perfectly? I actually don't know, I haven't read them.

But it's clearly a philosophical question: "is a perfect copy of you, you?"

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38397 on: July 31, 2020, 04:08:21 pm »

Hey I remember that.

It wasn't a perfect copy though, they could just access your memories and stuff and make a really good go at pretending to be you. Also the alien thing and the person were still separate consciousnesses.

They had a sort of Goa'uld thing going on.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #38398 on: July 31, 2020, 04:11:05 pm »

This is more like The Thing.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #38399 on: July 31, 2020, 04:19:24 pm »

AOC attempted to explain what Twitch was to the old boomer farts that make the House today.
It was an attempt to stop the military from advertising through Twitch and esports
It didn’t work out at all
Yvan eht nioj
Pages: 1 ... 2558 2559 [2560] 2561 2562 ... 3566